William Blount Governors vs. Dobyns-Bennett Indians

Governm

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case then what should we expect from Heritage after giving up 53 points to Anderson County?

Heritage will win 4 games, maybe five. WB will win only one game left on the schedule and that will be Heritage or they go one and nine if they don't. Every team on your schedule is doing a lot better this year even Bearden.

Heritage will win 4 games, maybe five. WB will win only one game left on the schedule and that will be Heritage or they go one and nine if they don't. Every team on your schedule is doing a lot better this year even Bearden.

Yeah right.... Bearden, Jefferson Co, and Bradley Central have won over cupcakes. And Science Hill Barely beat a decent 4A team. It's too early to go condemning the Govs to a 1-9 or 2-8 season after losing one game to a team that goes to state every year. Edited by Governors91

Yeah right.... Bearden, Jefferson Co, and Bradley Central have won over over cupcakes. And Science Hill Barely beat a decent 3A team. It's too early to go condemning the Govs to a 1-9 or 2-8 season after losing go a team that goes to state every year.

Don't tell anyone Gov but that team isn't what they used to be either. If all plays out like I'm seeing it 1-9 or 2-8. Jefferson would have been one I thought would be a win but they seem to have their act together this year. can tell you more after I see them Friday Night.  Things do start to make sense after the third week so lets give it then and I would bet you I can hit 90% from that time right on through the season. The reason Heritage will win 4 or 5 is the schedule is weaker.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Don't tell anyone Gov but that team isn't what they used to be either. If all plays out like I'm seeing it 1-9 or 2-8. Jefferson would have been one I thought would be a win but they seem to have their act together this year. can tell you more after I see them Friday Night. Things do start to make sense after the third week so lets give it then and I would bet you I can hit 90% from that time right on through the season. The reason Heritage will win 4 or 5 is the schedule is weaker.

Barney,

This WB team has improved alot too and you don't seem to be giving them any credit. It's true that Alcoa probably isn't quite as good as they have been but they will still contend for a state championship. You know that as well as I do. And WB competed with them and held them to 225 yards rushing. Furthermore we didn't give up any homerun plays for scores and made them work hard for all of those points. They only really hurt us when they put the ball in the Big App State Commits hands and forced it down our throats. He scored 3 of their 5 TDs. But they could not get outside on our defense! Our defense is 10 times better than it was at anytime last year and that's probably being conservative. Our only real problem is the O-line. And Alcoa has monsters on defense. So they were a bad matchup for us. Most teams we play aren't going to have D-lines of that caliber. So I wish you would take that into account before you write in Bearden as a loss because they are a worldbeater because they have beaten the 2 worst teams in Knoxville.

Edited by Governors91

Barney,

This WB team has improved alot too and you don't seem to be giving them any credit. It's true that Alcoa probably isn't quite as good as they have been but they will still contend for a state championship. You know that as well as I do. And WB competed with them and held them to 225 yards rushing. Furthermore we didn't give up any homerun plays for scores and made them work hard for all of those points. They only really hurt us when they put the ball in the Big App State Commits hands and forced it down our throats. Be scored 3 of their 5 TDs. But they could not get outside on our defense! Our defense is 10 times better than it was at anytime last year and that's probably being conservative. Our only real problem is the O-line. And Alcoa has monsters on defense. So they were a bad matchup for us. Most teams we play aren't going to have D-lines of that caliber. So I wish you would take that into account before you write in Bearden as a loss because they are a worldbeater because they have beaten the 2 worst teams in Knoxville.

They only won one game last year... Edited by rebelwoman87

Off the subject real quick : ETSU football "congrats too all the local state wide and out of state players getting ready to gear up tomorrow night in a ETSU uniform for the first time in 13 long years" Torbush and yes Philip Fulmer have worked hard to get this program going ... Be exciting time in east TN tomorrow night - bad thing is we will be on home side of science hill ;)

Edited by kingindian33