Marion Co. @ Meigs

BooBoo5

Maybe he just feels that way?? I think it will be a lot closer than that.

I can tell you from what I've read on here and heard from other people is that Marion is fast and can get after it. I think our biggest advantage might be that we've played a tougher early schedule.

I guess we'll know more about this district around this time Friday night.

Marion isn't that fast, probably about the same as Meigs. This should be a dynamite game and probably the team with the least amount of turnovers will come out on top. This will be a game of two great coaches and I think, although the I may be wrong, that Meigs will have to be able to throw the ball against us to be able to win this game. So tell us, how good is the pass offense? I know that they like to run it, but can they throw consistently if needed?

That's a foolish statement, and we are overrated if we don't, right?

lol, of course. #1 team in 2A. Best LB in 2A. Very Young team but lots of experience. Coming off a Silver Ball. Best defensive mind in high school football according to a Georgia powerhouse 2 years ago. An offense that scored at will against a 4A school picked to win in their region. 3 former SP players as coaches. 70+ kids on the team with 28 of them being freshman who already have seen significant playing time. Fan base that stands beside their team regardless of which 8 game streak they are on. I mean, I see all the makings of a powerhouse football team.

I sent you a PM on FB

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

lol, of course. #1 team in 2A. Best LB in 2A. Very Young team but lots of experience. Coming off a Silver Ball. Best defensive mind in high school football according to a Georgia powerhouse 2 years ago. An offense that scored at will against a 4A school picked to win in their region. 3 former SP players as coaches. 70+ kids on the team with 28 of them being freshman who already have seen significant playing time. Fan base that stands beside their team regardless of which 8 game streak they are on. I mean, I see all the makings of a powerhouse football team.

I sent you a PM on FB

Psychologist Mike, nice. Just as a crafty coach who can see down the road and knows what is coming, you raise expectations on your adversary and lower them on your team.  Some of your skillet head buddies still got them rainbow colored glasses on though.  They think the train has left the station and they are right but they's another one scheduled to pull in.

I sent you a PM on FB

You make a compelling argument, and I'm guessing the three pirate players being coaches are the key.......lol. You better not let op see this or he will be torn up. All jokes aside, Meigs will be better than hixson, although they did rack up a bunch of yards on walker valley.

Marion isn't that fast, probably about the same as Meigs. This should be a dynamite game and probably the team with the least amount of turnovers will come out on top. This will be a game of two great coaches and I think, although the I may be wrong, that Meigs will have to be able to throw the ball against us to be able to win this game. So tell us, how good is the pass offense? I know that they like to run it, but can they throw consistently if needed?

We can throw it some. We passed on Oneida pretty well I thought. I still think our biggest advantage is only having 1 player that goes both ways.