Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

If you wouldnt let your son play for Coach Martin, then you didnt know him very well. Granted, he did not handle things well with RP and the administration, but he is a man of integrity. While the adminstration was getting bullied by absurd parents that wanted a 3-time state champion fired, he stood by his principles. Again, he didnt handle things well, but to say your son would not have played for him leads me to believe you are about your son, and not the team...:which is exactly why GP is where they are at.

Some of the people over here got exactly what they deserved. The athletics are deteriorating, and the current administration is doing very little at this time about it.

you obviously don't know me or my son... I am all about team!!! i'm more than happy to introduce myself as i'm at the school all the time!!!!!!! We can talk face to face anytime anywhere!!!! you can get to know me very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you obviously don't know me or my son... I am all about team!!! i'm more than happy to introduce myself as i'm at the school all the time!!!!!!! We can talk face to face anytime anywhere!!!! you can get to know me very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very interested to know what specific issue you have with Martin. He was a good man and a good coach from my perspective! I will say my perspective is limited.

I stumbled across this thread totally by accident but find it hilarious. Couple of parents from the same school, presumably working towards the same goal, ready to meet at the field house to hash out their differences over a fired former head coach. That, coupled with the fact the football program has ZERO relevance is hysterical. Pull together and figure out how to help the program not suffer embarassing defeats week after week and maybe even win a game at some point in the next few years.

l apologize for "questioning your character". It is apparent with "meeting you at the field house" that you are a man of high moral authority. I have little desire to meet someone that is an adult who "wants to meet me at the fieldhouse" over a difference of opinion of a former coach.

I asked why you wouldnt let your son for Coach Martin? Will you answer? I honestly would like to know.

Edited by SmokeStackI

I stumbled across this thread totally by accident but find it hilarious. Couple of parents from the same school, presumably working towards the same goal, ready to meet at the field house to hash out their differences over a fired former head coach. That, coupled with the fact the football program has ZERO relevance is hysterical. Pull together and figure out how to help the program not suffer embarassing defeats week after week and maybe even win a game at some point in the next few years.

The parents havent worked toward the same goal here in years. Everyone here has had their own agenda the last couple of years. Its frustrating to watch a place that was such a quality program to be so far away from what they used to be.

Goodpasture Football may make history this week.  Could an private school that is 50 years old really go 0-20 over two seasons?  Fact  #1 Goodpasture football is on hard times. Fact #2 Football with Jerry Joslin and the return of long time trainer Chris Snoddy is getting better!

Volleyball just won their 4th straight state championship.   Girls Soccer won 3 games maybe. Girls Basketball is on their 6th coach in 16 years.  Baseball & Softball has had a coaching changes also in the last 16 months.  The gym is dated. The football stadium is archaic.

What is next.  Perhaps more changes...  Any suggestions on how to make it better?  Anyone?

There was a time when parents sent their kids to

a private school for the better education they

Would presumably receive. 99.999% of the kids

that play football for your school will not

Earn a living playing football.

For the parent who thinks some coach is

not of good character, tell your kid to

get used to it. Shady people are in your schools,

churches, government, businesses....everywhere

My kids got their morals from home.

Goodpasture Football may make history this week. Could an private school that is 50 years old really go 0-20 over two seasons? Fact #1 Goodpasture football is on hard times. Fact #2 Football with Jerry Joslin and the return of long time trainer Chris Snoddy is getting better!

Volleyball just won their 4th straight state championship. Girls Soccer won 3 games maybe. Girls Basketball is on their 6th coach in 16 years. Baseball & Softball has had a coaching changes also in the last 16 months. The gym is dated. The football stadium is archaic.

What is next. Perhaps more changes... Any suggestions on how to make it better? Anyone?

Look for another Patrick Turner or Keenan Reynolds.

Good grief. This post alone speaks about you. My suggestion is to keep working to try and help the school and not want to fight somebody on coachT because they disagree. Wheres Bigchief? He should meet you and settle you down a bit. He's doing all he can for GP too and he knows how to coach/relate to kids.

GP serves a great role in that community in many ways including athletics. Good luck to building it back with that large freshmen class. However, as active is Davidson Academy is about improving their athletics that only makes your job harder at GP. If Coach Quinn leaves that will help some.

The boys basketball coach is doing well as is volleyball. Good luck.

Edited by Playerscoach