Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

The coach that left was terrible! The coach they have is better and he will beat the bushes looking for players. I bet he will have a front row seat at the Metro ms championships!

I guarantee Joslin will be anywhere he needs to be to build a winning program.  He is a very good coach, a good friend, and an even better man.  He will right the ship.

Goodpasture is looking at maybe 1 win on the season unfortunately. Whites Creek is their best chance, followed by East Nashville. They won't win both, and maybe neither. Ohh my, how the mighty have fallen.

See my response to your comment in the WH heritage/ Portland blog. You suppose everyone (publics) in 3a are upset Goodpasture is in the division this year? They don't seem to be too bothered by it when the private went 0-10 the previous year and are likely to have a similar record in 2015. However CPA must be the devil due to the success they have had under Martin. I don't recallmuch outrage about CPA football the 2-3 years before Martin arrived and they had a loosing record.

See my response to your comment in the WH heritage/ Portland blog. You suppose everyone (publics) in 3a are upset Goodpasture is in the division this year? They don't seem to be too bothered by it when the private went 0-10 the previous year and are likely to have a similar record in 2015. However CPA must be the devil due to the success they have had under Martin. I don't recallmuch outrage about CPA football the 2-3 years before Martin arrived and they had a loosing record.

Don't recall anybody really complaining about CPA until the pride of Goodpasture showed up with his Nike Elite camps....

Don't recall anybody really complaining about CPA until the pride of Goodpasture showed up with his Nike Elite camps....

Oh, I guess you missed the multi page blog this past week titled "who does a better job recruiting, CPA or Alcoa" if you haven't noticed others complaining about CPA football then you don't read much. I understand the issue about basketball, but my question remains and you did not address, if CPA was 0-10 this year would anyone outside CPA care?

Fact is every school recruits.  Every school has parents that sell the school to friends, co-workers, etc. Every coach that is worth his salt is selling his program as well.   Which could in turn be viewed as undo influence on a particular individual student athlete which is technically defined as recruiting.  If you are not out selling your school and trying to get kids enrolled at your school then you  are way behind whether you are private or public.  This is how the private schools that don't give financial aid make it and how public schools that are successful remain successful. They have good, solid programs not just athletic programs and they are out selling their product to the public.  Some schools have  a much more aggressive approach and therefore they seem to get more students.   It also has to do with coaches, etc. Some of the programs mentioned in this thread have coaches that build relationships with players, parents and community.  Some mentioned in this thread do not and they are the ones that are not thriving or future not looking so good.   Parents want their kids in a thriving environment or in an environment that has some promise and future ie Goodpasture.  

Goodpasture is looking at maybe 1 win on the season unfortunately. Whites Creek is their best chance, followed by East Nashville. They won't win both, and maybe neither. Ohh my, how the mighty have fallen.

GCS Cougars lost to White's Creek at the GCS homecoming game.  GCS did score 2 TD's for the first time this season.  0-5 and at Lipscomb this week.