Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

Yep what he said..... We are all experts about some stuff that really don't matter.

best wishes to all parties. Coach J, Coach Cook and to GCS. I really hope for the sake of the young men at GCS that they have better success next year.

GWave you have a young man with the potential to be playing on Saturdays in the younger Mason brother. His big brother looks awesome too I just don't know him personally like I do the other.

Tee, nothing personal, but can you be a little more specific when mentioning consistency and wrestling?

When the words "more consistent" are used it may leave the impression that we are here one day and gone the next, then maybe back again and so on. We practice and compete every day except Sunday. We lift weights during the season and off season. We attend camp and will do so every summer, and we started a youth program this season, and it has already started paying dividends. The high school program has 3 wrestlers, one of which is a football player. I have made repeated pleas to football parents regarding this sport. I have even, on occasion, trolled this topic to try and reach others to promote the program. I sometimes get dumb responses from folks who don't have a lick of sense but that does not stop me. The benefits of wrestling for the football player are countless and all we can do is keep trying to promote it. I personally think the football staff is working hard to find success and I was present when Coach Joslin told the boys they should wrestle. Nashville Christian has it figured out with several athletes playing both sports and CPA is now starting a wrestling program. Alcoa is really shining in both sports and just like Nashville Christian, they share the athlete. These are just a few of the examples. Wrestling is a year round sport for this coach. I will continue to build it as long as they let me and I will continue to promote it, inside the school and out. Maybe if some folks would come and watch a match and see for themselves how tough these guys can be they might see a benefit for their ballplayer and put him on the mat as well. We wrestle at home this Friday, Jan. 22. 5pm. Come see.

Ponchez and James

Ponchez is happy and has had no reason not to be any year. James will be wearing Green and Gold soon. Good luck next season. Also, beware of Shawn Banks. He is not a person Goodpasture would want involved in any way with there programs. Markell Rice, though has turned kids away from Gallatin in the past for unfounded reasons, I believe has grown and has overall good intentions.

Edited by TheRealTruth

Yep what he said..... We are all experts about some stuff that really don't matter.

best wishes to all parties. Coach J, Coach Cook and to GCS. I really hope for the sake of the young men at GCS that they have better success next year.

GWave you have a young man with the potential to be playing on Saturdays in the younger Mason brother. His big brother looks awesome too I just don't know him personally like I do the other.

I don't know Coach Cook but I know all 3 Mason's mentioned. All have potential to play on Saturdays and who knows Sunday may possible. I believe Ponchez is SEC material. Jermaine has sat out his junior year due to transfer and needs to stay healthy for opportunities.

As a member of the Goodpasture community and one who has a child there who participates in athletics I am speaking from that perspective when I post. This thread has touched on a little bit of everything race, religion, diversity, and education. To shed some insight Goodpasture did interview Coach Cook and from what I'm told he was a leading candidate so I think Goodpasture's hiring process was fair. I think there is strong support from the African American community for him and his son as to there accomplishments in the community and to Goodpasture which made the situation unique. Some supporters just didn't understand why he wasn't affiliated with the program in some form after being qualified and contributing to the program. I agree with GREENWAVE1 that he probably would be embarrassed but Im certain he has no problems with GCS as both his kids still attend after he wasn't chosen and he can still be seen on campus. Maybe Big Chief and GCS Parent should speak with him as supporters of the program and help with support and ways to improve the program.

GREENWAVE1 Jermain Mason is not Ponchez's brother they are cousins and there not sure why he made that move either. Coach Cook coached James Mason Ponchez's younger brother he played with his son out Goodlettsville where he is the Athletic Director I'm sure this is what Chef J Will meant in referring to community ties. I think we all should move on from this subject and figure out ways to improve GCS football program. I think having a more consistent wrestling and track program would help.

Thank you for the clarification.

Ponchez is rewriting the record books at Gallatin. He is a 3 sport athlete but more important a better person. He should be able to pick which sport he wants to continue his career in. Which ever it is they will get a fine person and great athlete.

I understand Chief defending GP.... but saying the coach/dad has lost sight on what really matters goes beyond defending GP. He's not bashing GP. The "WeWorking" guy is not I repeat not Coach Stan. Just an angry/frustrated supporter.

This has been entertaining though I agree. GP is a place for education not a sports entertainment company. And I can tell you from personal experience there is just as much learning in failure as there is in success. (If not more)

I never bashed Coach Cook. I bashed weworking for his diatribe on GCS that was  completely false and unfounded. Go back and read it again.

Good luck to them both wherever they end up.

So apparently according to everyone you had no clue about Brent Alexander. JPII took a lot of Catholic kids who were attending Goodpasture. Looks like I know a little more than you including some who are involved at Goodpasture. Good luck with your pitiful gripe.

Not sure about a lot of this conversation, but I do know Alexander wasn't a full time member of the coaching staff. He helped out from time to time and worked the booth on Fridays.

Not sure about a lot of this conversation, but I do know Alexander wasn't a full time member of the coaching staff. He helped out from time to time and worked the booth on Fridays.

Sounds like he coached then. Everybody I know says he did as well as the Goodpasture supporters except the ones screaming racism.

Sounds like he coached then. Everybody I know says he did as well as the Goodpasture supporters except the ones screaming racism.

Part time. I know coach J has asked him repeatedly to join the staff full time, but I'm not sure it's something he's really interested in doing. To scream racism about the hire of Coach J is absurd. It appears to me the administration was looking for something different, perhaps a more experienced person that could deal with what it obviously a bad situation. Like him or not, he's a good man and football coach. Those children are well served to have him as a coach and mentor.

Part time. I know coach J has asked him repeatedly to join the staff full time, but I'm not sure it's something he's really interested in doing. To scream racism about the hire of Coach J is absurd. It appears to me the administration was looking for something different, perhaps a more experienced person that could deal with what it obviously a bad situation. Like him or not, he's a good man and football coach. Those children are well served to have him as a coach and mentor.

I completely agree.