Gomab's Top 100 Seniors

CoachT

Smyrna's clear weakness is their guard play.... There are very few kids on that team that can 1)handle the rock vs any pressure 2)shoot the outside shot (only Caldwell can) 3)defend good guards on the ball.... Smyrna's key player is the aforementioned Caldwell, who gives a great outside shooting aspect to the team, but others have to step up, as guard play is very, very important in High School hoops....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Devin Hundley...Knox Central...player of the week in Ktown 1/04/03 according to Knoxville News Sentinel. He currently leads the Knox area in steals, assists, and is in the top ten in scoring. Last year was tested by Saint Mary's Fitness as the best basketball athlete in Knoxville. True 39" vertical. A leader on a young and much improved Bobcat team. CoachT, you should check him out, he deserves to be a top 100.

Gomab, a heads up on Aaron Seal of Hancock Co. Aaron is a true point guard. 5'11", strong, great speed and ball handling skills, sees the floor well, shoots well, great defender, good overall stats. Aaron is one of the best point guards in East Tn and is definetly a prospect!!!

[Edited by swish1 on 1-5-03 10:44P]

Guest sdsocca

i think if lance actually had a team to play with out there u would have him ranked even higher ! i go to almost all his games and he is my boy! you guys know he is for real! and u should be scared of him when he goes sec and plays on a real team with real players !

Joseph Carter should be added to your list of the top senior players. He has scored over 1250 career points and has over 800 career rebounds. He is currently averages 15.3 points, 8.6 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, 1.5 steals, 1.5 assists and 2 charges taken a game. He is 6'3" 197 lbs. with an outstanding vertical leap. He is extremely quick, stong, and athletic. He is great defensive player probably one of the best in the state (I would say there are very few players in the entire state that averages taking 2 charges a game to go with 2.5 blocks and 1.5 steals). He has 3 point range shooting (33% behind the arc making about 1 per game) and can do some nasty dunks. He could probably score more points but he is a very unselfish player on a good team with other good players who can score (4 players on the team average over 10 points a game). He helped lead his team to a 25-8 record and substate berth last year, and this year the team is currently 11-3. I don't know if college recruiters pay any attention to your rankings or not but I definely think that Joseph deserves to be on your list. Also Boo Boo Hutcherson a 6'1" post player is an outstanding high school player who leads the team with 15.6 points and 11.6 rebounds deserves some consideration. These two players have played summerball with some of the area players you have on your list and the are at least as good as some of them and probably better than most of them. Thank you, Coach Slaughter, Santa Fe High School