Gallatin (3-0) @ Henry Co. (2-1) - 5A Showdown

Gtowner

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't hear the final stats, but heard that 111 was total offense. I was talking to the statistician after the game, he originally thought they had only 60 yds rushing the rest was a couple of passes they completed. Guess we'll read it in the paper on Monday.

I saw the figures in the Tennessean article.  Probably misread it.  You are right, 111 total yards.

Edited by FactsOnly

I didn't hear the final stats, but heard that 111 was total offense. I was talking to the statistician after the game, he originally thought they had only 60 yds rushing the rest was a couple of passes they completed. Guess we'll read it in the paper on Monday.

I do not think Mason had over 60 yards. Porter the other runningback had around 30. Chambers had around 11. The 2 QB's were in negative yardage. Had 60 yards in receptions.

I have read and talked to several people this morning. Jordan Mason got between a low of 54 yards and a high of 95. Now how does that happen? I have seen 78 yards and 85 yards as well. I think when Porter came in the middle of the 4th quarter, some got confused on who was carrying the ball. I know I questioned if Mason got one or two long runs then Porter definitely got one after the initial 2. Hummmmmm....

I have read and talked to several people this morning. Jordan Mason got between a low of 54 yards and a high of 95. Now how does that happen? I have seen 78 yards and 85 yards as well. I think when Porter came in the middle of the 4th quarter, some got confused on who was carrying the ball. I know I questioned if Mason got one or two long runs then Porter definitely got one after the initial 2. Hummmmmm....

Most likely the case. I wondered the same thing as the game was going on.  

GW1, I'm sorry I missed you at the tailgate. I was so nervous about the game I had to go on over and watch the Greenwave warm up.I was totally shocked with the outcome expecting a very narrow margin if we were able to win at all. I hope that Drewcephus and others treated you well..My opinion on the HC victory was that our O and D lines were much better on this night I doubt that the wet field had much to do with the outcome though it certainly affected play for both teams. We need to clean up all those penalties,as does Gallatin, and hold on to the football! Wishing you good luck the rest of the way. I'm already dreading the trip to Gallatn next year after our D-line and linebackers graduate. 27 is the real deal and is certain to be a major force next year.

GO BIG RED..

Edited by olddevil

GW1, I'm sorry I missed you at the tailgate. I was so nervous about the game I had to go on over and watch the Greenwave warm up.I was totally shocked with the outcome expecting a very narrow margin if we were able to win at all. I hope that Drewcephus and others treated you well..My opinion on the HC victory was that our O and D lines were much better on this night I doubt that the wet field had much to do with the outcome though it certainly affected play for both teams. We need to clean up all those penalties,as does Gallatin, and hold on to the football! Wishing you good luck the rest of the way. I'm already dreading the trip to Gallatn next year after our D-line and linebackers graduate. 27 is the real deal and is certain to be a major force next year.

GO BIG RED..

I did not actually make it to the tailgate but I did pass by upon entering the stadium. Let me just say what a spread!!! I do not get to enjoy too many pregame festivities at away games, obviously but I was impressed with the amount of food there was. I do appreciate the invite however. Let me just say, that I have never been treated better by an opposing fan base and administration as Henry Co. I was highly impressed but the entire set up and amount of local interest even in town. I truly envy that because that is exactly how Gallatin used to be when I was growing up. Y'all have something very special there and I can only hope that the Henry Co faithful will enjoy their trip to Gallatin next year. I would love to meet the Patriots sooner of course but I feel we have a long way to go before that can even be considered at this point. I am sorry that Gallatin could not provide a better game but make no mistake that was not reminecent of the way the team has played thus far. I think Williams said it best that it would be a tough challenge without us helping them out. Henry Co was very impressive on defense and the offense wasn't half bad either. Gallatin has no where to go from up after this past week and I think they will respond. Sometimes you have to get knocked down and quit reading the headlines to refocus. Best of luck to the Patriots and their fans. Again I will say, definitely top 3 places I have ever been too for high school football but nobody was any nicer. I am just glad that at least next year that senior laden defense will be gone, especially that nose guard!!! "Manchild"