What would TSSAA do?... 2 players target a Ref. gone viral.

Big Bigby

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I read somewhere that some states, which I think they mentioned Alabama, specifically has law(s) on the books that are designed to protect officials from acts like this. If it happened in Alabama, the players would definitely be facing criminal charges.

It should be illegal anywhere. Assault is assault. Doesn't matter if you are wearing a jersey or not. These two thugs should have been taken out of the stadium in cuffs. Me and you go to WalMart and do that we go to jail. No different.

I'm not sure what the TSSAA would do but if I was a high school coach and my players did something like this, they would NEVER play high school football at my school again. JMO but they would have lost that privilege for good.

That referee could have been paralyzed for life with a blow to the spine like that. He was fortunate.

the coach enticed them to do it

According to news reports the coaches accused the official of making several bad calls. One of the coaches mentioned that something needed to happen that official or something to that affect. So, some players did. There were also accusations that the official had been using racial slurs. This all according to a national news source,I caught briefly this morning.

Two thugs assault a man while his back is turned...simple as that. Today's society doesn't accept the fact that individuals are responsible for their own actions...must be the fault of their parents, teachers, coaches, teammates, role models, environment, or the violent nature of the sport it's self...BALONEY. They should have been arrested, expelled, and tried for assault as adults. Would you, at the suggestion of an authority figure (coach, boss, ect...), now or in the past, assault another human being? Chances are if you're not in jail, the answer is no.

It's terrible to see these boys ruin their reputations. Even if they're not named, the community and surrounding areas will know them. It'll probably follow them the rest of their lives, especially if charged with assault. If the coach did indeed say what he is being accused of, then he needs to be fired and banned from coaching high school and middle. Not a good mentor

• 2 weeks later...