District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

Macon looked very impressive last night, with some big minutes and points from a sophomore post man. He looks to be coming on strong and could be a force down low because not many people will be moving him out of the way, Macon was getting good second chance points while he was on the floor. LA looked solid just didn't seem to have enough size down low to really bang with MC.

Macon looked very impressive last night, with some big minutes and points from a sophomore post man. He looks to be coming on strong and could be a force down low because not many people will be moving him out of the way, Macon was getting good second chance points while he was on the floor. LA looked solid just didn't seem to have enough size down low to really bang with MC.

how tall is the MC big man?

After watching Macon play Clay last night, they have a really good team. Their big men create tons of 2nd chance points and everyone plays hard on defense. They rebound the ball well and the guards seemed to shoot it well.

They lost to Clay 69-62 but Clay was up by as much as 13 in the 4th but missed 7 straight free throws in the last 2 mins. I personally think Clay could win 8AA hands down this year with their team so it's a testament to how close Macon played them.

The district will be between Upperman, Macon, and Smith.

Edited by Shozen

I agree with the 3 teams you mentioned Shozen, but I wouldn't leave York out yet. Blevins makes them a tough out. He did have 42 at SC, but in a losing effort...

Upperman has a tough week ahead of them, with York and Macon County. 

Smith County has Magnet and Cannon County, would like to think they should win both of those. 

York plays Upperman and DeKalb County. 

Livingston plays DeKalb and Magnet. Should come away with two wins. 

Cannon just plays Smith County this week. 

Macon just plays Upperman. 

Should be an interesting week in 8AA, what does everyone think?

Blevins won the battle against 6'8 Clay County?

Why does everyone make this kid up to be something? Yes he is 6 foot 8 but that's about it. He struggles with any post player with some size and def. doesn't play like his height. This is like the 10th post I have seen people make him out to be the next coming of Shaq. He was the 3rd/4th option at Clay County. I would actually be highly surprised he even plays college ball. If he does it will be juco.

Edited by Shozen