Preseason favorites in single A ( Which districts are strong this year)

gwh

Pickett County was the closest thing to beating Middleton all year last year, and Pickett returns everything. A Pickett/Middleton state championship would be ideal, but knowing how the draw usually falls, they'll play each other in the first round of the tournament.

gwh, what all does Community return?

Everyone twins, pierce,lacy,

Middleton is going to struggle early on as they find a new leader with Averyale gone. Perry has gained confidence last year at the expense of Deja and she is going to be a handful. The should be back at state but a repeat will be difficult.

If GC doesnt't use more players year than last, they may run out of gas in the substate again to an inferior team. If Bri is playing her best, they are unbeatable. They play a crap pot of games, press the whole time and never sub

Dakedra Mason will be that leader. She's a 5'11 guard that shot the ball very well last in the state tournament. They also had a kid that came off the bench in the state tournament that will run the PG spot for them this year. I watched Middleton several times this summer and a repeat isn't far fetched. No one can in Single A can match their team athleticism and size.

Gibson has a decent freshman class in this year, but nothing that'll contribute at a high level immediately. Bri and Lannom need to take control of that team this year and will them to the 'boro... Too good of a team not to make it to Murfreesboro.

Peabody will be decent in district 14A... I see them finishing third, wouldn't be surprised if they finished second. Hart has done a good job with them.

Don't overlook 2 teams from 12A in Summertown and Perry County. Both teams were lead by freshmen last season. Summertown at the end of the year was very good defensively and return 9 sophomores that played extensively. Perry County with the guard that was a freshman is going to be outstanding again. Not sure how they would stack up statewide but don't overlook them.

van buren will also be pretty good also.

Yes VB is good for an  for East Tennessee team, but East TN isn't strong in girls' bb.  VB does have an excellent player who I believe was all state. Pickett beat them 95-65 in the substate with the PC starters out most of the 4th quarter. They easily could have been well over 100 but wouldn't do that to a team. Pickett Co. was 1:56 away from beating Middleton last year at state after leading most of the game. PC has 3 All State players back and a sophomore who is as good as them...she scored 23 points against Middleton at state. Their bench could start for most teams. Pickett Co is deep in talent and very experienced since this group has started since they were freshmen. 2/3rds of their games are on the road this year which will toughen them for the playoffs.

Pickett County was the closest thing to beating Middleton all year last year, and Pickett returns everything. A Pickett/Middleton state championship would be ideal, but knowing how the draw usually falls, they'll play each other in the first round of the tournament.

gwh, what all does Community return?

I've got to go with Jackson County until someone proves otherwise.

Allen should come into this season STRONG. Read multiple praises of her over the summer. TWSA all state, MVP of the Bluechips Camp, and done well with Flight. Flynn and Sheryl will be great additions to form a great core.

Pickett proved otherwise last year when they beat Jackson Co twice out of three to go to the state. Pickett has everyone back and nearly beat unbeaten Middleton in the state...led until 1:56 to go. PC has 3 all-state players to Jackson's one. So, hands down, Pickett has already proven it.