Preseason favorites in single A ( Which districts are strong this year)

gwh

South Side is going to Murfreesboro for Riverdale's Christmas tournament...

Haywood will be at Hub City... I think Gibson is better but Haywood could give Gibson problems with their athleticism and size. If Gibson brings it every night, no one will beat them in the regular season... Their biggest test will come in the region tournament when/if they face Dresden. Stay away from Middleton for sub-state and all should be well..

South Side is going to Murfreesboro for Riverdale's Christmas tournament...

Haywood will be at Hub City... I think Gibson is better but Haywood could give Gibson problems with their athleticism and size. If Gibson brings it every night, no one will beat them in the regular season... Their biggest test will come in the region tournament when/if they face Dresden. Stay away from Middleton for sub-state and all should be well..

Agree    I think they handle Haywood though.  Dresden always peaks late so they could be tough.  They definitely dont want to lose to them and travel to Middleton!

GC I hate to say but are really just going through the motions right now. They beat Greenfield by 15 and played very sloppy. We have seen what they can do when they put it in overdrive. Scary thing is sometimes when you let off the gas a little it can carry over and you can slip up and get beat. Going to be interesting how the next week unfolds.

Seems like it's going around. Peabody loses at Union City tonight. VERY disapointing game by Peabody. Very sloppy and seemed like they had no energy on the floor. Maybe a little fatigue from last nights tough win over South Gibson? If I'm correct I believe several teams now have 2 loses with GC at the top of the district with no loses. Peabody goes to Bradford Friday night for a very important game for both teams. Hope the Lady Tide bounce back.

GC I hate to say but are really just going through the motions right now. They beat Greenfield by 15 and played very sloppy. We have seen what they can do when they put it in overdrive. Scary thing is sometimes when you let off the gas a little it can carry over and you can slip up and get beat. Going to be interesting how the next week unfolds.

Yeah very sloppy. Still came away with a 19 pt win without a starter playing though. Definitely the no doubt top team in the district that shouldn't be touched the rest of regular season. I thought south side would be at hub. I don't see Haywood beating us unless we beat ourselves.

no i didn't bullshark unless she was talking bout a month ago there was some on here talking about meadows injury idk. lamar will win state again next year. he has a good crop of freshmen and sophs.

I agree with you, Pickett Co and Jackson Co both have a lot of seniors this year. Clarkrange will take their lumps this year, it will only make them better.

I agree with you, Pickett Co and Jackson Co both have a lot of seniors this year. Clarkrange will take their lumps this year, it will only make them better.

I am a Jackson county fan for sure but this year could be our last really good year.  We won't be awful next year but after that we just don't have a bunch of  players coming.  Now Pickett County on other hand will be loaded for next few years.  All you have to do is look at middle school programs last 2 to 3 years to see what is on the horizon.  Matt Ferrell has single handily rejuvenated the Pickett County program.  Starting with this years seniors he has played aau with these girls since elementary school and the payoff started last year and will continue for some time.  Matt is gonna make someone a good high school coach soon if that's what he chooses to do.

I am a Jackson county fan for sure but this year could be our last really good year.  We won't be awful next year but after that we just don't have a bunch of  players coming.  Now Pickett County on other hand will be loaded for next few years.  All you have to do is look at middle school programs last 2 to 3 years to see what is on the horizon.  Matt Ferrell has single handily rejuvenated the Pickett County program.  Starting with this years seniors he has played aau with these girls since elementary school and the payoff started last year and will continue for some time.  Matt is gonna make someone a good high school coach soon if that's what he chooses to do.

I hope it's not the case, but looks like you might be right. End of a era. Hope some good new talent starts to develop soon.

Any thought of teams in 7a?

7A is always going to be a force at the state tournament.  Pickett and Jackson County will both be at the state tournament this year.  Next year i look for Clarkrange and Pickett to represent 7A.  Mr. Basketball was right on when he talked about Matt Ferrell and the job he's done at Pickett County but give Brent some cudo's as well.  He's got the girls playing hard for him and they are rolling right now.  Coach Brown will have his girls ready come tournament time as will Coach Rogers from Clarkrange.  We are blessed to see so many good players and coaches here in District 7A for sure.