Preseason favorites in single A ( Which districts are strong this year)

gwh

Moore 43 Jackson Co 34 - Jackson Co. will struggle when Allen is matched against a strong athletic defender. Just not enough scorers at Jackson in my opinion. Also Moore should finish anywhere from second to fifth in district 9A. Jackson should take second behind Pickett in their district with Meadows out.

Not sure about being a state contender but Red Boiling Springs.did not look bad in the game I saw them, close win over DeKalb.

Indian, Moore plays RBS in HOF game at Webb this upcoming Saturday. We should know a lot more about both teams then. Moore and RBS both looked good in one game yesterday and then lost bad on their second game. White co didn't let RBS run the pick and roll that they love to run on that drag play. Once they shut the drag play down, there wasn't much offense from RBS.

Moore 43 Jackson Co 34 - Jackson Co. will struggle when Allen is matched against a strong athletic defender. Just not enough scorers at Jackson in my opinion. Also Moore should finish anywhere from second to fifth in district 9A. Jackson should take second behind Pickett in their district with Meadows out.

Miss Allen didn't struggle too much again Bouldin tonight. I don't see why any other team will be that big of a struggle. Van Buren tried it with those fake falls but luckily they didn't work that many times. I suspect Pickett co will try that fake falling/foul stuff as well.

You can add Dresden to the list for tough outs in West TN. Gibson County beat Dresden in OT last night and Dresden more than held their own. They led by 8 with 2 minutes left and GC made a late charge and hit a 3 at the end of regulation to tie the game. GC missed tons of FT's throughout the game which didn't help their cause. But great game early and I expect these two will battle it out again in the region. Two good teams.

Edited by pioneer42

I think that Allen herself silenced you last night. 17 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals. She was the main target of Van Buren defense, and it didn't work. Also, we should be talking about how she shut Bouldin down in the first two quarters, keeping her to 6 points i believe. I saw a nasty push in the back by Bouldin to Allen, and I was highly disappointed, but no matter, in roughly three quarters of play, Allen led a great scoring team. Sherrill had 17, and three others were in double digits I believe!