Tyner hosts Boyd Buc 9/18

orangeslice13

It will come down to Defense; which team controls the line of scrimmage late in the game. Game may go through a few momentum swings. Big plays might be the "key"! A chess match between Reynolds and Turner.

Is Friday here yet??

I think BB will get their yards and play disciplined defense.  The one question mark is can BB defense get to the spot (I think they will have to cheat sometimes to do that) and what happens when Tyner adlibs on a play that is covered by a possibly overreacting (to compenstate for Tyner's speed) BB defense?  Turnovers are always a wild card and may play a factor.

Edited by rikberry

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BB will get their yards and play disciplined defense. The one question mark is can BB defense get to the spot (I think they will have to cheat sometimes to do that) and what happens when Tyner adlibs on a play that is covered by a possibly overreacting (to compenstate for Tyner's speed) BB defense? Turnovers are always a wild card and may play a factor.

The senior leadership must be ready for the BB offense. I noticed that the QB had success at running and Rams DL must keep him honest. From all indications, looks like a 48 minute slugfest.(Could be the 2nd OT game for Tyner;that would be interesting)

The senior leadership must be ready for the BB offense. I noticed that the QB had success at running and Rams DL must keep him honest. From all indications, looks like a 48 minute slugfest.(Could be the 2nd OT game for Tyner;that would be interesting)

We all hope it is a good injury free game as these two might see each other (and Marion) later. Boyd will have to open it up and pass on early downs to have an opportunity.    

This should be a good game. I am looking forward to seeing our progress. I guess your the QB's dad? LOL

Yes, got me on the reference to increased passing. I love slinging it around but that is why I had people putting moving signs in my yard when I coached 11 year olds. That was the end of my play calling. Easier to call plays from the stands now. Calling plays is one of the toughest things to do when things are not working like you thought, and you have to make a new decision every 20-25 seconds. It is like taking the ACT every Friday night. Things are so much more complex now. They have around 20 different formations, and the plays come out in paragraphs not "34 dive" like the old days.    

That Reynold's man was at the Signal/Tyner game watching to see how to control the Beard's offense. I know the scoreboard didn't show but the Eagles had pretty good success running between the tackles... right at 'em. Watch the Ram's O-line technique and it won't take long to figure out as to what they will be doing...the Eagle's picked it up and blitzed on que, stopping several runs for no gain.