Marion Co @ Boyd Buc

reaction

The refs were pretty bad on both sides. Not even being able to place the ball where it belongs after a play is just terrible and little leagish. The winner in this matchup for me was Boyd's OL. They were able to get to Marion's slashing LB's and that opened up big holes for that Matthews boy and that Hodge boy.

Refs do the best they can - no game without them. Mistakes are made but teams should execute and score points -

Awesome game between two really good teams. Give Marion credit though that battled hard and never quit. I was really impressed with their intangibles throughout the game. Warriors couldn't do anything offensively but still found ways to stay in game. The trick play before the half and kickoff return kept them right there within striking distance. Then blocked field goal at the end had me wondering if they were just destined to steal it. Having said that the Better team tonight won. The Bucs Defense shut down a potent MC offense that is really really good. Outside of halfback pass Marion didn't do anything until end of game. Bucs front 7 on defense are tough. I hated to see Walters get hurt and hope he is ok. I did think it gave them a spark though and Massengale moved the ball as well has they had all night. Bucs offensively kept leaning on the Warriors D with Cooper and Matthews and it seemed to take a toll over the course of the game. Happy to see Bucs finally close a tight game with a W. Really sloppy game with likely both teams getting over 100 yards in penalties. The first chess piece has moved but the game isn't over until round 3 rematch. The sequel will have a lot to live up to though.

Awesome game between two really good teams. Give Marion credit though that battled hard and never quit. I was really impressed with their intangibles throughout the game. Warriors couldn't do anything offensively but still found ways to stay in game. The trick play before the half and kickoff return kept them right there within striking distance. Then blocked field goal at the end had me wondering if they were just destined to steal it. Having said that the Better team tonight won. The Bucs Defense shut down a potent MC offense that is really really good. Outside of halfback pass Marion didn't do anything until end of game. Bucs front 7 on defense are tough. I hated to see Walters get hurt and hope he is ok. I did think it gave them a spark though and Massengale moved the ball as well has they had all night. Bucs offensively kept leaning on the Warriors D with Cooper and Matthews and it seemed to take a toll over the course of the game. Happy to see Bucs finally close a tight game with a W. Really sloppy game with likely both teams getting over 100 yards in penalties. The first chess piece has moved but the game isn't over until round 3 rematch. The sequel will have a lot to live up to though.

that's a really good assessment 

Marion cant give up that many penalties tv said they had 10 penalties for 65 yards in the first half..i would like to see a sqv team make it to state and win state..right now i dont think Marion could do that makin the penalties that they did..especially the ones that shouldve been worked out by the first or second game..i hope that Marion's qb is ok and that it will be nothing serious and he can come back and play soon..is there any word on him or the kid that was hurt in the end zone? I hope that Marion can turn things around and get ready for tyner..

The only thing I have heard on Walt is that when he was in the ambulance at the field he had feeling in his fingers and toes and he knew where he was which is a good sign. After watching the replay when I got home it was a hit to the back of his head and neck. In slo-mo it did not look intentional.

68 I watched it online. It looked inadvertent to me - just one of those bang bang plays that you hope and pray never happen but they do in a game of football.

Good to hear about Logan. My family and I will continue to pray for him. I don't know him personally like a lot of others on here but the few times I've seen him play I can see he's an exceptional athlete and carries himself well.

68 I watched it online. It looked inadvertent to me - just one of those bang bang plays that you hope and pray never happen but they do in a game of football.

Good to hear about Logan. My family and I will continue to pray for him. I don't know him personally like a lot of others on here but the few times I've seen him play I can see he's an exceptional athlete and carries himself well.

Hopefully know more tomorrow. The game doesn't mean much when you see a kid go down. Puts things in perspective.