Marion Co @ Boyd Buc

reaction

Awesome game between two classy programs. Defense coordinator for Boyd has those guys playing lights out. Prayers for Logan kid. Tough competitor. Throw a few out there for Buc TE DE 09 playing with cast on wrist. Hope not more damaged incurred.

Awesome game between two really good teams. Give Marion credit though that battled hard and never quit. I was really impressed with their intangibles throughout the game. Warriors couldn't do anything offensively but still found ways to stay in game. The trick play before the half and kickoff return kept them right there within striking distance. Then blocked field goal at the end had me wondering if they were just destined to steal it. Having said that the Better team tonight won. The Bucs Defense shut down a potent MC offense that is really really good. Outside of halfback pass Marion didn't do anything until end of game. Bucs front 7 on defense are tough. I hated to see Walters get hurt and hope he is ok. I did think it gave them a spark though and Massengale moved the ball as well has they had all night. Bucs offensively kept leaning on the Warriors D with Cooper and Matthews and it seemed to take a toll over the course of the game. Happy to see Bucs finally close a tight game with a W. Really sloppy game with likely both teams getting over 100 yards in penalties. The first chess piece has moved but the game isn't over until round 3 rematch. The sequel will have a lot to live up to though.

As for tough competitors, 73 for the Warriors battled through not practicing all week due to the flu or something. Spent some time at the er getting fluids and also went back Thursday night for a allergic reaction. True warrior, as is 9.

I have no problem with the refs, or shouldn't say that but that's not what lost the game. Where there questionable calls, of course. The Marion defenses was tired because they couldn't get off the field in the game. The offense was three n out most of the night, everytime they had an explosive play it would get called back. I didn't have replay to see if it was the correct call or not. Also, Bryce comes in and bulls for yardage and is churning his legs and a premature whistle stops what looks to be a long td run. Can't really blame the refs after Logan getting hurt right before that. I didn't think that kid did that on purpose, that being said, it still should have been helmet to helmet. Mc got whipped at the line of scrimmage all night. I told a Boyd coach earlier this week that their offense is one we struggle with. Everytime we play a read option team(ccs, sp first half, Peabody, and Boyd) our defense gets shredded it seems. That being said it may be a second rd game, especially if Logan is out next week, I'm not sure we can beat tyner. Either way the only phase we won was special teams. Boyd has some grown men on their team, way bigger and more physical than us. Their offense was better, defense was better. That being said, the loss doesn't bother me because as bad as we played( and Boyd had a lot to do with that) we had a chance at the end zone two times at the end. One time the ball was floated a little to much and the defender made a great play and one was caught just out of bounds to end the game. Good luck bucs on the rest of your season, hopefully everyone stays healthy and I hope to have a rematch in the playoffs.

I agree with TTP and 68's assessments. Hopefully Walt is ok, I knew when he didn't get up it was bad as he is a very tough kid.  I really could have cared what happened during the game after that. 

I said earlier that my big concern was that the lack of disciplined execution and the penalties would come back to bite us in a game like this. The refs had major difficulties on all sides, I couldn't even figure out what they were doing particularly at the end there.  But I imagine they were distracted as I was after Walt went down.

We deserved the majority of the penalties a that cost us the game.  I will take exception with one thing TTP said though.  While Boyd dominated the trenches they held an awful lot.  I doubt if CT will get held that much on his wedding night.  

Would like to see a rematch.

As for tough competitors, 73 for the Warriors battled through not practicing all week due to the flu or something. Spent some time at the er getting fluids and also went back Thursday night for a allergic reaction. True warrior, as is 9.

I have no problem with the refs, or shouldn't say that but that's not what lost the game. Where there questionable calls, of course. The Marion defenses was tired because they couldn't get off the field in the game. The offense was three n out most of the night, everytime they had an explosive play it would get called back. I didn't have replay to see if it was the correct call or not. Also, Bryce comes in and bulls for yardage and is churning his legs and a premature whistle stops what looks to be a long td run. Can't really blame the refs after Logan getting hurt right before that. I didn't think that kid did that on purpose, that being said, it still should have been helmet to helmet. Mc got whipped at the line of scrimmage all night. I told a Boyd coach earlier this week that their offense is one we struggle with. Everytime we play a read option team(ccs, sp first half, Peabody, and Boyd) our defense gets shredded it seems. That being said it may be a second rd game, especially if Logan is out next week, I'm not sure we can beat tyner. Either way the only phase we won was special teams. Boyd has some grown men on their team, way bigger and more physical than us. Their offense was better, defense was better. That being said, the loss doesn't bother me because as bad as we played( and Boyd had a lot to do with that) we had a chance at the end zone two times at the end. One time the ball was floated a little to much and the defender made a great play and one was caught just out of bounds to end the game. Good luck bucs on the rest of your season, hopefully everyone stays healthy and I hope to have a rematch in the playoffs.

good post TTP