Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

I would really like to know the exact attendance. Man it was packed. Great job uc. I think Dresden defense play about as well as it could have. If I'm not mistaken they made uc do something no other has done all year and that's punt. BUT....penalties had a little something to do with that one also If I remember correctly.

As far as offense both teams made mistakes. More of Dresden s where caused by the pressure of the tornadoes defense. I think alot of the Lions players,coaches, and fans underestimated the overall team speed of union city. Also give credit to Union City's db's because very few times they let a wr get open and stayed on them like glue. Made dresden throw in tight windows all night.

Congrats Golden Boys it'll be interesting to watch you guys throughout the rest of this year. Go ahead and take what's rightfully yours with the work you guys put in.......another state title.

Idiots?? The idiots are 7-1 after tonight and the idiots will be playing when your season ends. Keep that in mind--little man.

What my team does has no effect on the competence of your coaches decisions. If you find yourself in a position in the playoffs where you can match a team touchdown for touchdown and they kick PAT and you always go for 2(which failed every time last night) you will lose because of IDIOTIC play calling.

What my team does has no effect on the competence of your coaches decisions. If you find yourself in a position in the playoffs where you can match a team touchdown for touchdown and they kick PAT and you always go for 2(which failed every time last night) you will lose because of IDIOTIC play calling.

We cannot make PATs. We have to go for two, and that's no easy task in the spread. Too many people crowded together. I would give another kicker a chance before abandoning it all together.

Edited by ProudLionFan

We cannot make PATs. We have to go for two, and that's no easy task in the spread. Too many people crowded together. I would give another kicker a chance before abandoning it all together.

I think I'd take one of those players on the sideline and focus him solely on kicking. Cause going for 2 from the spread will never consistently work against a good team.

You know Reaper I'm gonna tell ya something and you might like it.... Ya might not. I don't know but I'm gonna tell ya anyway. First I'll start with a compliment. I was good to see your humble attitude after this game. You had some really good insight into what happened and were very complimentary of the UC team. What you had to say did actually make you sound kinda intelligent and clearly showed your knowledge of the game.

I wish you would have that attitude all the time. I don't think anyone enjoyed your brash attitude and silly comments. And from your last couple of posts you can clearly be better than that. I (and probably several others) would prefer that Reaper stay around and the other one take a hike. Just my opinion. Take it how ya want. No disrespect intended.

Don't you have a soccer player that can kick PATs? For Pete's sake, it's not that difficult. Kills me that these 1A-2A schools can't find one athlete that can make a PAT. Just bad coaching IMHO. Go find someone that can get it done. There's probably some girl on the softball team that could make 'em.

UC offense is not as good as it has been the last two years .Fullback gets some tough yards up the middle .But he is no Henry.Wings are fast but they don't hit the seams like Moffit. I was standing on goal on UC side.dresden didn't get in on fourth down.Reaper you being a loner tonight? dresden still same old dresden like every other year

I don't know how many times you have seen UC play this year but let me say that we barely opened the playbook last night. The option was ran maybe two times. The QB only kept the ball once and that was at the end of the game. So if you are sizing up the Tornadoes by what last night then I would say give them another look. However, you are correct but only partially. We are not as good as last year, but neither are most of the teams in 4A. That's not a typo. Last year's team was a once in a half century kind of team. We are better than the 2013 team. As far as Clendinen being no Henry, you are once again to general in your thinking. Did you see that offensive line Henry got to run behind? Need I say more? Now to Moffat. You are simply wrong about that. Once again take the OL from the last two years iinto consideration. This year's line is a very effective and proficient line. I'm not trying to take away from that, but our backs are having to work a little harder for their yards. Stevens is faster and will bowl over people who get in his way. I don't like comparing players from the past with current but given equal ground to stand on, I would take Stevens.

I think I'd take one of those players on the sideline and focus him solely on kicking. Cause going for 2 from the spread will never consistently work against a good team.

Coach Bowling learned a valuable lesson back in 09. He found him a hispanic young man who didn't know anything about football but, he had played a lot of soccer. That Spaniard kicked the winning field goal in 09 to seal the first state title for UC. So now, with the exception of State Record Holder Cace "The Leg" Cook you will see Latin players kicking the ball in UC. Just saying

Dresden doesn't have soccer. We had a really good kicking coach that left us. So we have no coaches thst anything abiut kicking. That doesn't make them bad coaches.

You guys could be a little better in every aspect than UC, have no kicking game and still lose. Not impossible but highly unlikely to win a state title like that.....