Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

Well no sir they did not. You couldn't find anyone who thought we would beat SP for the Title in 09. No one gave us a chance. No one mentioned open enrollment. In fact I found out on Coach T that we were an open enrollment county. I didn't know. I lived in the city and sent my kids to the county because a county bus ran in front of my house. I just thought that was a county route. I brought my kids to the city school system when UC couldn't get past the first round of the playoffs. I made my decision based on academics. You would think, the way some of these morons talk that we have won Championships since 1955. Geez. I say this to all those who are too stupid to see the truth. If you want to win, do what we did. Work hard and get better. I do feel bad for the smaller schools like Gleason, Greenfield and South Fulton. But nothing will change for those guys whether UC moves back up to 2A or stays where we are. The only thing that will happen is someone else will step into the role we will leave open m

Someone told me some dude put in a lot of hard work helping develop a youth program.  Big Swo, you know that guy?  ^_^

Well no sir they did not. You couldn't find anyone who thought we would beat SP for the Title in 09. No one gave us a chance. No one mentioned open enrollment. In fact I found out on Coach T that we were an open enrollment county. I didn't know. I lived in the city and sent my kids to the county because a county bus ran in front of my house. I just thought that was a county route. I brought my kids to the city school system when UC couldn't get past the first round of the playoffs. I made my decision based on academics. You would think, the way some of these morons talk that we have won Championships since 1955. Geez. I say this to all those who are too stupid to see the truth. If you want to win, do what we did. Work hard and get better. I do feel bad for the smaller schools like Gleason, Greenfield and South Fulton. But nothing will change for those guys whether UC moves back up to 2A or stays where we are. The only thing that will happen is someone else will step into the role we will leave open m

Yeah I figured, fishy how the accusations start when you begin having success huh.....lol

Someone told me some dude put in a lot of hard work helping develop a youth program. Big Swo, you know that guy? ^_^

I know a lot of guys who have been involved for about 10 years now. I have been fortunate enough to be a member of a group of guys and girls who try to build up these kids and develop a solid work ethic and respect for each other and the program. I believe you can see the results of the hard work from a lot of people.

Someone told me some dude put in a lot of hard work helping develop a youth program.  Big Swo, you know that guy?  ^_^

I hate to take Swo's answer, but I know the guy personally. He played at UC in the 80's and is a local business man now. He got youth football started in UC around '04 or '05. It has taken many more to get it where it is now. I won't post his name.

No way possible Union City stays 1A year after year...bottom line UC takes the kids that will help them in sports and if they can't cut it they go to Obion Co...amazing how some stud basketball player or football player transfers in year after year and walks right into the starting line up...believe you have one on the football team and basketball team who both transfered in during the last 2 years and are starters...true?

The only recruiting that is done is in the sports section of the news paper on Mondays. UC wins, UC wins, UC wins. To quote the Billy the Kid character from Young Guns, "We'll make you famous!"

Someone told me it's Swo.

No I didn't get it started. I simply got involved and stayed involved. I don't have the organizational skills to head up a program like this one. I would go nuts listening to all those momas complaining about why Lil Johnny didn't get to play or why the coach made him do up downs for talking back. No I love being out there teaching and building character. This will be my last year. All my boys have gone through. It's time to hand it off to the next group. I started with my son, who is now a senior and I will end with my youngest son who is now in the 6th grade. I will have withdrawals next year when I have been let the Jr. High coaches take over. But I did not get it started. I just helped those who did. If I left that impression I apologize.

The only recruiting that is done is in the sports section of the news paper on Mondays. UC wins, UC wins, UC wins. To quote the Billy the Kid character from Young Guns, "We'll make you famous!"

That's the best answer to a stupid question like that I have ever heard. Wish I had thought of it

No I didn't get it started. I simply got involved and stayed involved. I don't have the organizational skills to head up a program like this one. I would go nuts listening to all those momas complaining about why Lil Johnny didn't get to play or why the coach made him do up downs for talking back. No I love being out there teaching and building character. This will be my last year. All my boys have gone through. It's time to hand it off to the next group. I started with my son, who is now a senior and I will end with my youngest son who is now in the 6th grade. I will have withdrawals next year when I have been let the Jr. High coaches take over. But I did not get it started. I just helped those who did. If I left that impression I apologize.

Swo, you got any boys in between your senior and sixth grader? Reality is setting in on the thought of all mine graduating. I have posted it before but at one time when my oldest was a senior I was in for 12 straight years with one on the team, now with my youngest a freshman I'm down to four years. My oldest was a junior when y'all beat is in 09 and my middle one was a freshman on our 2011 team, hoping my youngest gets to be a part of some great games like my other ones got to be part of.

Swo, you got any boys in between your senior and sixth grader? Reality is setting in on the thought of all mine graduating. I have posted it before but at one time when my oldest was a senior I was in for 12 straight years with one on the team, now with my youngest a freshman I'm down to four years. My oldest was a junior when y'all beat is in 09 and my middle one was a freshman on our 2011 team, hoping my youngest gets to be a part of some great games like my other ones got to be part of.

Naw man I have just the Senior and then the 6th grader. I know that my time is coming when I have to say goodbye to having a boy playing football or any sports. I talk to some parents who don't get involved and they ask about how much time it takes for practice or games and different aspects of being a part of the program. So, I tell them and sometimes they say thank you, others just shake their heads. Then there are those who just say" That's ridiculous. No way I would do that". That's when I shake my head. I wouldn't have it any other way.