Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

Do we have to discuss this again? Who cares about UC's open enrollment? Quit whining and play who is on your schedule. UC has a great team and it has nothing to do with their enrollment. Kids have bought in to what the coach is selling. They have tremendous line play and work extremely hard to perfect their offense. Give credit where credit is do and quit whining. Dang it gets old after a while.

+1

What my team does has no effect on the competence of your coaches decisions. If you find yourself in a position in the playoffs where you can match a team touchdown for touchdown and they kick PAT and you always go for 2(which failed every time last night) you will lose because of IDIOTIC play calling.

He is right Dresden you got a good team but going for 2 needs to be fixed, if you cant kick extra points quarterfinals, and semifinals will stop your season.  Need to find someone to kick extra points.  2 point conversions will stop a playoff run.  Just saying way it is.

it was worse than the score indicated. I think any neutral fan would agree with that

I got there late sorry BigSwo, MustangNAtion007 is right too, Union City shouldnt have allowed the interception to cost them a touchdown on same play almost at halftime point.

Last night as I was able to come to town, sit near the top of War Memorial Stadium to get the best overall view and watch the Golden Tornadoes do their deal, I did notice two things that I saw earlier in the year when I went to watch Dresden in person that have not changed.  They do not have ANY kind of kicking game in field goals, point after's or kick offs ( which is a MUST to go deep into the playoffs ) and when you run up against a team that can half  way cover man to man or zone defense of your passing, interceptions will happen.  I agree with a earlier post above, until you have a kicker,  your very likely not to make it very deep come playoffs.   And it is true....a true, smash mouth football game plan of running the ball on you and very little passing if any will produce wins and GOLD Footballs.  A more than 50%aing gam plan will get you turnovers and limited playoff games. Winn is good but he ran for his life last night as many of the U C faithful knew he would.

Do we have to discuss this again? Who cares about UC's open enrollment? Quit whining and play who is on your schedule. UC has a great team and it has nothing to do with their enrollment. Kids have bought in to what the coach is selling. They have tremendous line play and work extremely hard to perfect their offense. Give credit where credit is do and quit whining. Dang it gets old after a while.

DANG man. Thank you so much. You just jumped to the top of my list. Much respect.

Alright Reaper you started this thread one month before this game. You were cocky and touted yourself as The Genius. You can run out of here 5 minutes after you were proven wrong if you want to but you will go from being called The Genius to being called The Coward. I'm calling you out just like you called out UC. You threw insults around at any and all who disagreed with you and set yourself up to be a blowhard. You even called out posters I have known on the T for years. Your own fan base. If you think that little showing you made last night is enough then you are nothing more than a coward. Let me say a huge thanks to you though for giving our boys some extra motivation. They all wanted to shut you up. Looks like they have.

To all my Dresden friends he had that coming. My apologies to you.

DANG man. Thank you so much. You just jumped to the top of my list. Much respect.

Swo, I was at the game last night and wish my lions would have given the tornadoes a better game.  I am not going to get on here and blame our loss on open enrollment.  I will not take away from those kids and coaches at UC who have worked so hard to build a great program.  I can only hope if we meet again that our coaches and kids have a better game plan than last night because I know we are better offensively than we showed. In saying that, I believe UC is better defensively than I thought.  I wish UC the best the rest of the season because they deserve everything that they get.

Swo, I was at the game last night and wish my lions would have given the tornadoes a better game. I am not going to get on here and blame our loss on open enrollment. I will not take away from those kids and coaches at UC who have worked so hard to build a great program. I can only hope if we meet again that our coaches and kids have a better game plan than last night because I know we are better offensively than we showed. In saying that, I believe UC is better defensively than I thought. I wish UC the best the rest of the season because they deserve everything that they get.

Wow man! Thanks again. I have tried to get that out there ever since the open enrollment thing came up. We have been open enrollment for a long long time. We won our first ever championship in 09. That's two years after Coach Bowling came to us. I also want to make this one extra point and I'm done. When Coach first got here he inherited a program that was not performing very well especially on defense. We dressed out anywhere between 55-60 kids every Friday night. One of the first things out of his mouth was " I don't care who you are or who your parents are or what position you have played in the past, the players who work hardest and perform the best will play. " Then he initiated his strength and conditioning program with very strict guidelines. You could only miss a limited amount of times. Of course there were some who thought the " I don't care who you are" statement didn't apply to them and they took family vacations and missed the required workouts. They were removed from the team. After that many others could not endure the demands he placed on them both athletic and academic. The team was trimmed from 55-60 players down to about 30 kids who really wanted to play tough physical football. Now our numbers are growing and we are back to the 50's again. The younger guys coming up understand what is expected and so do the parents. So they plan vacations and other family activities around the football program. That's a four year commitment. Well I guess you can see what that commitment from both the players and the parents has brought to the program. That's the part that the squall bags who didn't even know anything about our program before we started winning can't understand. They think it's just open enrollment. So I truly appreciate you saying what you did in your post.

Wow man! Thanks again. I have tried to get that out there ever since the open enrollment thing came up. We have been open enrollment for a long long time. We won our first ever championship in 09. That's two years after Coach Bowling came to us. I also want to make this one extra point and I'm done. When Coach first got here he inherited a program that was not performing very well especially on defense. We dressed out anywhere between 55-60 kids every Friday night. One of the first things out of his mouth was " I don't care who you are or who your parents are or what position you have played in the past, the players who work hardest and perform the best will play. " Then he initiated his strength and conditioning program with very strict guidelines. You could only miss a limited amount of times. Of course there were some who thought the " I don't care who you are" statement didn't apply to them and they took family vacations and missed the required workouts. They were removed from the team. After that many others could not endure the demands he placed on them both athletic and academic. The team was trimmed from 55-60 players down to about 30 kids who really wanted to play tough physical football. Now our numbers are growing and we are back to the 50's again. The younger guys coming up understand what is expected and so do the parents. So they plan vacations and other family activities around the football program. That's a four year commitment. Well I guess you can see what that commitment from both the players and the parents has brought to the program. That's the part that the squall bags who didn't even know anything about our program before we started winning can't understand. They think it's just open enrollment. So I truly appreciate you saying what you did in your post.

Swo that's very similar to the way coach Rice runs our program. If your grades ain't there, you don't play. You don't practice, you don't play. You miss the required workouts then you don't play. The kids in this town all the way down to peewee can't wait for their chance to suit up for coach Rice and be a WC football player! Congrats on y'all's win last night! I had bought in on what Dresden had going and thought it might be a close game but I should have learned by now that you don't count out UC! I couldn't beleive y'all threw that pick 6 before the half, bet nobody can even answer the last time that happened to UC

Good to see everybody last night!! It was the game I figured it would be. A team that can run the ball consistently with a good defense will usually win! Dresden had chances but UC was just too much. Going to take a team that can out phisical UC to beat them. Not sure anyone can do that. Don't know anything about NCS or WC. Huntingdon might be able to but that's yet to be seen. UC isn't as dominant as last year but make no mistake they are the best team in the state until proven otherwise.