Henry Co. @ Clarksville

SEC1rules

This game seems hard to pick if you are truly looking at the game realistically. The Patriots will try and slow the game down and put together long drives and CHS wants an up tempo game. CHS will score, can the big red score enough to keep up? Who makes the big defensive stop? Will the Patriots be able to have their way with the CHS defense?

So these types of games between two good teams (probably both top 10 teams at the end) comes down to a turnover or the kicking game and that's why I will take the home team here and go CHS in a 27-24 type of contest. Either way it seems possible that this is only the first meeting this year between these two. Should be fun to watch.

For the reason's highlighted above is why I am thinking the Patriots come away victorious. I personally don't think CHS will be able to score like you believe. They will make many big Defensive Stops tonight. And Clarksville's kicking game (or lack there of) is not very promising, Henry County's is one of the best in the state.

Although we will need to pass to keep HC honest, I think Clarksville will earn more rushing yards against HC,than anyone else has this year.

I'm not predicting any one player busting 100 yards, but instead a combination of running backs, quarterback, and receivers.

Its certainly possible Pilgrim, but I just think it is a tall order to get rushing yards against this defense. Out of the last 5 games, 2 teams ended up with severe negative rushing yardage. I think the average is about 60 yds per game. But of course, we'll see in a few hours!!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the HC faithful are a little scared to talk to much this week. Hmmm :)

I'm scared but I'll talk.

1  Henry County will control field position all night with Clarksville spending alot of the evening deep in their own territory

2  HC's ground defense will make it necessary to pass more than Clarksville would prefer

3  Clarksville's success passing will be negated by at least 3 interceptions

4  Clarksville's home field advantage will make the game closer than HC fans wish

5  We mean no disrespect, but the visitor side will be full early and some of us will need to sit on the home side

6  I'm actually not scared, skeered maybe, but not scared

7  We fear our drone will be lasered by the 101st Airborne, therefore the game will be monitored by the Pat-1 satellite

Hey olddevil,

Pilgrim seems like a good guy, but I can't believe how politically correct all you Republicans are being on this thread towards him and his team.

So, I guess it's up to me to toss a boulder into in this little placid pond. (And you know I don't mind)

Most Henry County fans hate Clarksville High and love beating them in anything.

ALL of us have a  healthy dislike for the Wildcats head coach and some of the things he did at while at Northeast.

Remember the 2013 regular season game in which more than a half dozen Northeast players came down with cramps when HC was making their comeback, despite the temperature being in the high 30s?

I'd be curious to learn the circumstances under which those 3 skill position kids from Northeast found their way to CHS this season.

Hey olddevil,

Pilgrim seems like a good guy, but I can't believe how politically correct all you Republicans are being on this thread towards him and his team.

So, I guess it's up to me to toss a boulder into in this little placid pond. (And you know I don't mind)

ALL of us have a  healthy dislike for the Wildcats head coach and some of the things he did at while at Northeast.

Remember the 2013 regular season game in which more than a half dozen Northeast players came down with cramps when HC was making their comeback, despite the temperature being in the high 30s?

I'd be curious to learn the circumstances under which those 3 skill position kids from Northeast found their way to CHS this season.

Not scared, Pilgrim we are called Patriots for a reason- never afraid of a fight. But I do have butterflies until I see a couple of  series on both sides of the ball. 

What did you say the temperature was going to be? 

Hey olddevil,

What's your theory?

“Most Henry County fans hate Clarksville High and love beating them in anything.â€

- Outside of Football, I’m not sure you beat Clarksville at anything else on a regular basis. But keep trying.

“ALL of us have a healthy dislike for the Wildcats head coach and some of the things he did at while at Northeast.â€

- You must be referring to winning.

“Remember the 2013 regular season game in which more than a half dozen Northeast players came down with cramps when HC was making their comeback, despite the temperature being in the high 30s?â€

- I know the coach pretty well, and I just don’t see him ever to tell a kid to take a dive. It goes against everything he believes about developing the character of the player.

“I'd be curious to learn the circumstances under which those 3 skill position kids from Northeast found their way to CHS this season.â€

- Which three are you referring to? I know of one who legitimately moved and most likely to continue to play for a coach that he loves.

- Also, there are many players who will go to CHS, in the future, just to play for Coach Shelby. He’s a good man and one that the players trust and respect.

- Who knows, maybe in a few more years we will be seeing some Patriots looking to make the move to Clarksville.

It sounds to me like you are laying some ground work, to attack the character of our program after the game.

Edited by Pilgrim