Henry Co. @ Clarksville

SEC1rules

Speaking of playoff brackets, does anyone know how the regions will line up this year?

Top 4 from each region will make the playoffs. In the early rounds (first three), the Regions will be paired as follows: 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, and 7 and 8. 

So let's say Beech makes the playoffs as the 4th place team from Region 6. In the first round, they would play the 1st place team from Region 5. While the 1st place team from Region 6 will play the 4th place team from Region 5. Same thing with the 2nd and 3rd place teams: If Clarksville finishes 3rd place in Region 7, they would play the 2nd place team from Region 8 in the first round, while the 3rd place team from Region 8 would play the 2nd place team from Region 7.

It's the same system we had before 2009.  

Edited by MSURacer

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how a rumor like hat could have been started.

"You should read the post on the thread about Kenwood and NE, talking about NE pulling their starters midway through the 1st quarter. Quite an interesting tactic in high school football. I wonder how that makes the Knights feel coming into this game. I'm sure they are pumped up about getting into the playoffs, but wow! I am looking for the Patriots to be up to the task for containing their QB and improving our special teams play this week. Take nothing for granted! Come out strong and win big!" (Drewcephus)

I remember writing that, but I sure wasn't saying it to devilsden... ^_^

There were some pretty pissed off people in East TN because of how NE handled that. Complaints to TSSAA and everything. Not from HC, elsewhere. No matter how you slice it, I think it was wrong.

Top 4 from each region will make the playoffs. In the early rounds (first three), the Regions will be paired as follows: 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, and 7 and 8. 

So let's say Beech makes the playoffs as the 4th place team from Region 6. In the first round, they would play the 1st place team from Region 5. While the 1st place team from Region 6 will play the 4th place team from Region 5. Same thing with the 2nd and 3rd place teams: If Clarksville finishes 3rd place in Region 7, they would play the 2nd place team from Region 8 in the first round, while the 3rd place team from Region 8 would play the 2nd place team from Region 7.

It's the same system we had before 2009.  

any idea who's in region 8?

as for this game, I wonder if Clarksville with their running game is just a better matchup for Henry County than Rossview and their ability to pass.  I'm hopeful this game goes much like another run-dominant team that they've played, minus the crazy amount of turnovers.  I must admit I feel a bit more anxious about playing Rossview than Clarksville, despite the fact that Clarksville beat them.

I remember writing that, but I sure wasn't saying it to devilsden... ^_^

There were some pretty pissed off people in East TN because of how NE handled that. Complaints to TSSAA and everything. Not from HC, elsewhere. No matter how you slice it, I think it was wrong.

Jalen Reeves Maybin was the heart of that team on both sides of the ball. He played his heart out and took a beating all year and into the playoffs. As long as he was on the field he was giving it 110%.

I think it was the responsible thing for the coach to pull him and let him get some rest before the post season. For the player and the team.

as for this game, I wonder if Clarksville with their running game is just a better matchup for Henry County than Rossview and their ability to pass.  I'm hopeful this game goes much like another run-dominant team that they've played, minus the crazy amount of turnovers.  I must admit I feel a bit more anxious about playing Rossview than Clarksville, despite the fact that Clarksville beat them.

I think Rossview has one of the most balanced attacks on offense that most teams will see. There QB is a quality player. HC will have to adjust their defensive scheme just for them. But they do not possess much on defense. It could be an interesting match up.

I wonder how a rumor like hat could have been started.

"You should read the post on the thread about Kenwood and NE, talking about NE pulling their starters midway through the 1st quarter. Quite an interesting tactic in high school football. I wonder how that makes the Knights feel coming into this game. I'm sure they are pumped up about getting into the playoffs, but wow! I am looking for the Patriots to be up to the task for containing their QB and improving our special teams play this week. Take nothing for granted! Come out strong and win big!" (Drewcephus)

Not to defend anyone one way or the other, there was no rumor.  This talk went around based on what was witnessed at the time.  No one except the coach knows whether it was to throw the game or to rest players, but a reasonable person would not just say it was a usual thing to do.  It was highly irregular and no other team I'm aware of used such a strategy at that point in the game or season.

I'm scared but I'll talk.

1  Henry County will control field position all night with Clarksville spending alot of the evening deep in their own territory

2  HC's ground defense will make it necessary to pass more than Clarksville would prefer

3  Clarksville's success passing will be negated by at least 3 interceptions

4  Clarksville's home field advantage will make the game closer than HC fans wish

5  We mean no disrespect, but the visitor side will be full early and some of us will need to sit on the home side

6  I'm actually not scared, skeered maybe, but not scared

7  We fear our drone will be lasered by the 101st Airborne, therefore the game will be monitored by the Pat-1 satellite

1. Possible but unlikely

2. Possible

3. Unlikely for 3 interceptions

4. Very Close game with nervousness on both sides

5 Unlikely that HC will have seats on the home side. This is homecoming after all and although HC will bring 1000 plus they will still be outnumbered 2 to 1

6. Neither side is scared of the other

7. No drones or sirens allowed (lol)