Henry Co. @ Clarksville

SEC1rules

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game Patriots!

I think the rain helped out on your shutout, but either we it was all Pats tonight.

See you in the playoffs.

Good game to the Wildcats too. It was tough out in the slop tonight, but I knew that our Defense would be tough to crack. Outside of the one big run by Jones late, not much rushing. Clarksville will be fine though, lots of room to run the table from here on. Make it happen and we will indeed see you in the playoffs!!! 

What's your theory?

Recruiting!

“Most Henry County fans hate Clarksville High and love beating them in anything.â€

- Outside of Football, I’m not sure you beat Clarksville at anything else on a regular basis. But keep trying.

“ALL of us have a healthy dislike for the Wildcats head coach and some of the things he did at while at Northeast.â€

- You must be referring to winning.

“Remember the 2013 regular season game in which more than a half dozen Northeast players came down with cramps when HC was making their comeback, despite the temperature being in the high 30s?â€

- I know the coach pretty well, and I just don’t see him ever to tell a kid to take a dive. It goes against everything he believes about developing the character of the player.

“I'd be curious to learn the circumstances under which those 3 skill position kids from Northeast found their way to CHS this season.â€

- Which three are you referring to? I know of one who legitimately moved and most likely to continue to play for a coach that he loves.

- Also, there are many players who will go to CHS, in the future, just to play for Coach Shelby. He’s a good man and one that the players trust and respect.

- Who knows, maybe in a few more years we will be seeing some Patriots looking to make the move to Clarksville.

It sounds to me like you are laying some ground work, to attack the character of our program after the game.

No ground work laying here, I've learned it's better to assail character and characters before games- so my words stand on their own merit and won't be called "sour grapes"  should we lose.

I'm not talking about your football program- just the guy leading it.

Patriots moving to Clarksville- it would take a natural disaster striking the county for that to occur.

You wouldn't happen to also be an Austin Peay fan would you?

Edited by bottomwriter

4th shutout in a row. Henry County defense is only allowing an average of 7 point per game. Wow!!!!!

28-0 Henry County

Well done gents...wish we had the depth to pitch shutouts...ur boys are freakin awesome...I love it

Polls don't matter, but maybe they come around this week...its lame seeing u guys at 9 and 10 when we all know better

Well done gents...wish we had the depth to pitch shutouts...ur boys are freakin awesome...I love it

Polls don't matter, but maybe they come around this week...its lame seeing u guys at 9 and 10 when we all know better

Saw that the score of your game was 62-37. What happened? Repeat of a couple weeks ago? 

And I'd rather fly into the postseason under the radar barely ranked and surprise people than go in ranked #1 with a giant target on our back. Can't even remember where we were ranked during either of our championship years. Don't think it was number 1 either time, but it didn't mean a thing come playoff time. 

Like you said, polls are pretty meaningless at this level. 

Edited by MSURacer

As of this point in the season, i think HC is ranked about right. They have played one very good team and lost and have won against 2 good teams, 1 ok team (HOU) and 2 bad teams.The Brentwood and Centenial (sp) games will answer some questions. Also if Rossview is above average passing team, that may get interesting.

GO BIG RED.

Top 4 from each region will make the playoffs. In the early rounds (first three), the Regions will be paired as follows: 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, and 7 and 8.

So let's say Beech makes the playoffs as the 4th place team from Region 6. In the first round, they would play the 1st place team from Region 5. While the 1st place team from Region 6 will play the 4th place team from Region 5. Same thing with the 2nd and 3rd place teams: If Clarksville finishes 3rd place in Region 7, they would play the 2nd place team from Region 8 in the first round, while the 3rd place team from Region 8 would play the 2nd place team from Region 7.

It's the same system we had before 2009.

That's what I assumed, but couldn't find confirmation anywhere. With TSSAA you never know. Could have been 6-7 and 5-8.