Best Junior Girl

BABILL

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched much basketball last year and I think that Cara Reed, formerly Rhea County, now at Cookeville is the best all-around junior I have seen. She rebounds, is a ball handler, plays defense and set all scoring records as a sophmore. I am sure there are many good juniors out there, Tiffany Buckalew, Fallon Lee, Ashley Hardaway, etc. but I think Cara is the best all-round one.

Street And Smith Magazine picked the following five by putting them on their "All-American" list : In no particular order --- Sade Buley, Cara Reed, Alex Fuller, Asleigh Newman, and Katrina Beechboard. All great players but would be like comparing apples and oranges to try to pick the "top" one. Depends on what the college is looking for.

Guest Converse

Tnwareagle and Nick 32, I agree . Look for both Cara Reed and Alex Fuller to blossom even more this year as they both will benefit from changes since last year.

Fuller appears to have put her knee troubles behind her with her play in the AAU nationals and summer camp. One of the few true posts in the junior class, her stock will only rise this year if she stays healthy.

Reed will benefit from the move to Cookeville. She was asked to try to do it all at Rhea County, playing all five of the

positions at some point. Better coaching and being surrounded

by good players will make her blossom, plus she looks stronger and faster than ever before.