AP 3A Top Ten 5/10/15

Booger

I still think CPA is #1 until a team in their class proves they can beat them. Like my Tornadoes they lost to a perennial state power, who may have a few losses, but I guarantee they aren't chopped liver. CAK could end up being the best of the bunch. Their offense seems to be on par with state title teams of the past. Can't wait to see them come to Goddard Field and square off against one of the best defenses Alcoa has ever put on the field.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think CPA is #1 until a team in their class proves they can beat them. Like my Tornadoes they lost to a perennial state power, who may have a few losses, but I guarantee they aren't chopped liver. CAK could end up being the best of the bunch. Their offense seems to be on par with state title teams of the past. Can't wait to see them come to Goddard Field and square off against one of the best defenses Alcoa has ever put on the field.

not a bad post at all....until the seat has been given up; why insult oneself just to talk smack....if your were second, third or a potentail newbee, get trout mouth

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Booger just sayin

. CAK could end up being the best of the bunch. Their offense seems to be on par with state title teams of the past. Can't wait to see them come to Goddard Field and square off against one of the best defenses Alcoa has ever put on the field.

My best evaluation after seeing every game CAK has played over quite a few years is that 1. This offense is deadly. CAK's offense is always potent, this is one of their better ones. Losing their power running back for the year with an ACL didn't help. BUT overall, it is not quite on the level of the years that C High won 2 straight championships. I'm not saying it's not good enough to win a championship, but I am saying it's not quite as flawless as 2011 and 2012. At that time, the only team that could stop that offense was CAK (penalties, etc) and even still it just generally didn't matter. It was the best HS offense I've seen. This 2015 version is very good, but not quite at that level. At least not yet. HOWEVER, the defense is one of if not the best I've seen at CAK. So it MAY not take CAK scoring on every single possession, (which many times happened) because I think there is a good chance that the Warrior defense will get a couple of stops. Not EVERY defensive stop, but SOME. So we shall see. Who knows? The mighty Tornadoes may pitch a shut out. They are awfully good.

Dont think CAK has the speed to contain CPA. They are certainly big and have a great team i just don't know if they can stop both of CPAs very fast and talented RBs.

CAK, Alcoa and CPA are all outstanding teams though. Any of the three are capable of winning the gold ball.

Edited by Playerscoach

My best evaluation after seeing every game CAK has played over quite a few years is that 1. This offense is deadly. CAK's offense is always potent, this is one of their better ones. Losing their power running back for the year with an ACL didn't help. BUT overall, it is not quite on the level of the years that C High won 2 straight championships. I'm not saying it's not good enough to win a championship, but I am saying it's not quite as flawless as 2011 and 2012. At that time, the only team that could stop that offense was CAK (penalties, etc) and even still it just generally didn't matter. It was the best HS offense I've seen. This 2015 version is very good, but not quite at that level. At least not yet. HOWEVER, the defense is one of if not the best I've seen at CAK. So it MAY not take CAK scoring on every single possession, (which many times happened) because I think there is a good chance that the Warrior defense will get a couple of stops. Not EVERY defensive stop, but SOME. So we shall see. Who knows? The mighty Tornadoes may pitch a shut out. They are awfully good.

Alcoa 2009 & 2010 and CAK 2011 & 2012 where light years better than CPA 2013 & 2014. 

This years Alcoa team has the Defense of 2009 & 2010 and CAK the Offense of the 2011, maybe not 2012.

I'd give the senior led High, Howe, and Smith the edge, plus Rathbone (sp) gave CAK a better running game than this years CAK offense.. The 2011 & 2012 CAK defense was better than this years CAK team....IMO also.

Either team will give this years CPA fits...................."IF" Liberty Magnet doesn't knock them off before the big dance...?

Dont think CAK has the speed to contain CPA. They are certainly big and have a great team i just don't know if they can stop both of CPAs very fast and talented RBs.

CAK, Alcoa and CPA are all outstanding teams though. Any of the three are capable of winning the gold ball.

This years CAK would score at will against this years CPA. The CAK passing game is a well oiled machine. Teams that have not seen it will have a hard time stopping it. Alcoa has seen it many, many times and still has a tough time slowing it down.

sounds like there could be a new boss in K-town.....the goons are a bit more reserved than the norm....just not use to lack of chest pounding from the F5......if the teams stay on the path they are on and norway that will change; Booger will be on a road trip to see the new taj mahal at the end of the month....anyway of gettin discount tickets for the show

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

This years CAK would score at will against this years CPA. The CAK passing game is a well oiled machine. Teams that have not seen it will have a hard time stopping it. Alcoa has seen it many, many times and still has a tough time slowing it down.

I disagree. CPA is too athletic and disciplined for CAK. Plus, CPA will run the ball effecrively and eat up the clock.

Having seen both in person CPA is smaller but has two outstanding, fast (4.5) type) RBs and a system that will generate a decent amout of offense. Just ask the teams that have seen those two kids healthy or college coaches.

I can see CAK getting some yards on big plays but CPA will be tough for them to consistently operate.

I can see a 24-17 type game for CPA unless the weather is bad when/if the meet. If that happens CPAs running game will cause major problems.

With all that being said CAK has a great program, great fans and a chance for the gold ball if they play their best.