Clarksville 2015

pilgrim

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the million dollar question; will they or won't they admit they were wrong.

Dr. B.J. Worthington is a man with a solid reputation of integrity. Now that he is forced to look at all the facts on hand I believe he will find that this is nothing more than a despicable scheme perpetrated by Brett Burchwell and Mary Davila. Both who have despicable reputations and have done irreparable damage to this family and our community. 

Dr. B.J. Worthington is a man with a solid reputation of integrity. Now that he is forced to look at all the facts on hand I believe he will find that this is nothing more than a despicable scheme perpetrated by Brett Burchwell and Mary Davila. Both who have despicable reputations and have done irreparable damage to this family and our community.

Well if your right, he better make up his mind quick

BJ Worthington is who made the decision. Why bash Burchwell and Devilia for doing their jobs? Should the son of a man who's the AD of the county not have the privilege of playing high school football? Your all about the kids as long as they attend the school of your choice. Should CMCSS reverse their decision because there's a law suit? Obviously there's evidence, or they wouldn't have made the decision to start with. I highly doubt this situation was developed because the county AD's son attends another school. There have been other "situations" with other players transferring to CHS that could've been questioned by their former team, or CMCSS. This situation was created from CHS's feeder school, not the AD's son's school. Get real Pilgrim.

BJ Worthington is who made the decision. Why bash Burchwell and Devilia for doing their jobs?

- BJ's decision was made based off of the information provided to him.

Should the son of a man who's the AD of the county not have the privilege of playing high school football? Your all about the kids as long as they attend the school of your choice.

- It's easy, Burchwell should have stepped aside and allowed someone else to handle this based off of an obvious conflict of interest.

Should CMCSS reverse their decision because there's a law suit? Obviously there's evidence, or they wouldn't have made the decision to start with. I highly doubt this situation was developed because the county AD's son attends another school.

- They should have allowed this family due process from the beginning. And there is no evidence just bias opinions.

There have been other "situations" with other players transferring to CHS that could've been questioned by their former team, or CMCSS.

- Ah, there it is. This is really about a witch hunt after a coach that attracts football players. There is nothing wrong with families pursuing the school of their choice, even if it is based off of football. This is America, if someone wants to move across town so their son can play football, Go for it.

- Burchwell and Davila had no problems when kids were transferring to NE to play for Shelby.

- How about this for a crime. I used to live in West Creek's zone. When my son was ready to go to Middle School I up and moved across town just to position him in a better school. It was a close race between Rossview or Clarksville (Northeast wasn't even in the running). I must be a bad parent and even worse citizen.

This situation was created from CHS's feeder school, not the AD's son's school. Get real Pilgrim.

- This situation was create when Coach Shelby left Northeast for Clarksville. When will they get over it.

Edited by Pilgrim

There were no other schools involved. The initial report seemed to come from another family member. 

The students initial enrollment seemed all in order. Without to much speculation, I believe that some domestic issues may be involved, along with parents just trying to get their kids in what they deemed to be a better school.

You have changed your stance from the very beginning on this Pilgrim.  Blamming the school system AD and Mary Devilla.  Answer the following questions:

1.  Did the student and Parents have two different addresses in Montgomery Co.?

2.  Is having two different addresses in the same county against TSSAA Athletic purposes?

3.  According to TSSAA this makes him inelgible right?

4.  If you would have moved from West Creek to CHS zone and didn't sell your house would your son have been inelgible?

5.  Did the kid from West Creek who went to Rossview sell his home and move to a different address?

6.  Was he ruled elgible for athletics?

Clear cut rule by TSSAA so that things like this don't happen.  If a student changes addresses that is fine just can't say they moved but still have an address in another school zone that they stay at part of the time.

Only a few people to blame here and none of them are down at Central Office.  And once you are aware you have to bring it to TSSAA so that punishment will not be worse later on for you knowing and NOT reporting.

CHS will get through this because they have a long history of Tradition.  Yes it is a bad situation but nothing that can't be handled the right way.  I will say this, with the situation that happened Friday night with Dickson was not a way for this to be handled.  How do you handle adversity? fighting with others or getting back to work and saying we are going to go out on a three game win streak as a family.

Quit blamming others within the community as everyone knows the rules put forth by TSSAA. Sometimes people try to get around those rules and get caught.  Sometimes they don't get caught.  But the more times you try to bend the rules to your favor you will end up getting caught and punished for it.

I thought a person who was wanting to be a pastor would not want to blame others.  They should be the ones showing how to handle situations for later on in life but that is not the case is it Pilgrim?

This situation was created from CHS's feeder school, not the AD's son's school. Get real Pilgrim.

- This situation was create when Coach Shelby left Northeast for Clarksville. When will they get over it.

I believe he is saying that CHS's feeder school is the one who reported the situation about the two address it has nothing to do with Coach Shelby.

UTInsider, Welcome to Coach T.

- My initial response was based off of the official story that was being spun by those trying to avoid speaking against CMCSS.

- Just read the Leaf Chronicle articles for these answers. The Children never lived in Clarksville or attended another school in the city.

- Friday night was certainly a low, but there was much more to it than meets the eye. It was a bit of a perfect storm and not at all what the coaches wanted to happen.

- Blaming others or just speaking the TRUTH. My biggest concern has nothing to do with the outcome of this season. It has already been ruined and just needs to end. But where does that leave Clarksville High? What’s to stop these same people from doing this same thing next year? They really went above and beyond due diligence in this case and ended up grasping at a very weak case that was subjective at best. This looks like an absolute abuse of power. That’s not just my individual opinion, it is the perception of many, and many cannot voice it due to fear of retribution from the school system.

UTInsider, Welcome to Coach T.

- Just read the Leaf Chronicle articles for these answers. The Children never lived in Clarksville or attended another school in the city.

- Blaming others or just speaking the TRUTH. My biggest concern has nothing to do with the outcome of this season. It has already been ruined and just needs to end. But where does that leave Clarksville High? What’s to stop these same people from doing this same thing next year? They really went above and beyond due diligence in this case and ended up grasping at a very weak case that was subjective at best. This looks like an absolute abuse of power. That’s not just my individual opinion, it is the perception of many, and many cannot voice it due to fear of retribution from the school system.

Again let me ask a few questions:

1.  Did the dad already have a house in Montgomery Co.?

2.  Did he keep said house in Montgomery Co.?

If you allow parents to keep a house they own and then rent an apartment to have kids go to certain schools that makes a kid inelgible in Athletics per TSSAA. 

Is one of the coaches at CHS a realator?  If the above was allowed to happen you could have someone say we will rent a 1 bedroom to this student and have them come play for a school.

having to leave a school to go to the school kids are zoned for is not new for CMCSS.  This has gone on for years.  If a student moves and the school finds out then that student is made to transfer schools unless they make an exception because they are a senior and have been at that school for the time they have been in high school.

You can try to make this out to be about CHS and everyone hates them because it happened to CHS but that is not the case it happens at all the schools.  Didn't the school system allow someone to leave Alternative School early to come back and play football for CHS?  Didn't they miss last spring, all of summer and most of this season? but yet the coaches also let them come back and play?  I would think if everyone was out to get CHS then CMCSS would not have allowed that.  What do you think?