Week 9: Harriman @ Oneida

crow

If a teams depth is an issue (which in 1A is likely) wouldn't any significant injury derail a teams odds of winning even if they were considered the favorite to win the whole thing. I could take one or two kids off of several teams and think their prospects would be greatly diminished by those kids absence in the game. No way to perceive when kids are going to have injuries, but usually plugging that loss isn't going to make you better. I don't wish for any kid to go down but it is a fact that often occurs in a collision sport. Sometimes at this level, the next man up could be a 115 lbs. Freshman about to get a crash course on jumping off the deep end. Just saying....

Kazzy

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a teams depth is an issue (which in 1A is likely) wouldn't any significant injury derail a teams odds of winning even if they were considered the favorite to win the whole thing. I could take one or two kids off of several teams and think their prospects would be greatly diminished by those kids absence in the game. No way to perceive when kids are going to have injuries, but usually plugging that loss isn't going to make you better. I don't wish for any kid to go down but it is a fact that often occurs in a collision sport. Sometimes at this level, the next man up could be a 115 lbs. Freshman about to get a crash course on jumping off the deep end. Just saying....

Kazzy

Coalfield is dealing with this right now. Top 2 QB/DBs are out. Hopefully both will be back fr the playoffs but if not then a promising season is gone.

BD i'm back. Had to take a couple days off and rest from the computer. The Big Blue just keep impressing me and keep playing hard and with alot of heart this year! Oneida is a great team and it's always a great place to play as well. I just feel Harriman does have the upper hand in this game. That's not to say that a win is guaranteed. I will say though, if the Big Blue go in and play ball the way they know how to, then I think Harriman comes away with a HUGE win that would set up the Region Championship between us and Greenback.

Coalfield is dealing with this right now. Top 2 QB/DBs are out. Hopefully both will be back fr the playoffs but if not then a promising season is gone.

Coalfield has seemingly always had the worst luck with the injury bug. It seems to hit them at the absolute worst times possible. I hope all the guys in our region that are beat up, banged up, and bruised can heal fast before playoff time starts. Don't matter the school colors we wear, kids are kids and you don't ever want to see one go down. 

Guest Fall101

Have no fear Spike! BD is right, I was in timeout for football overhaul. Looking forward to meeting some of you Oneida guys this week. Should be a fun game and an intense atmosphere!

You and BD should get there a little early. We have some pretty dang good tailgate parties. I have heard that they have roasted a hog a time or 2 this year. It's got a college football feel to it. The students and Oneida supporters throw some great tailgates! Your welcome to the food!

You and BD should get there a little early. We have some pretty dang good tailgate parties. I have heard that they have roasted a hog a time or 2 this year. It's got a college football feel to it. The students and Oneida supporters throw some great tailgates! Your welcome to the food!

Absolute Great hosts. 

You guys still praying "publicly" before the games??? I loved it. Got to see it twice last season (reg season and playoff). Standing up to the system. Have.a friend in South Carolina that saw it on Facebook. I was dang proud to tell her we were fortunate enough to get to see it firsthand. Keep doing what your doing and God Bless.......

Oneida is famous in South Carolina. She says some of their schools in Florence are following your example.

Edited by TigerNation14

You guys still praying "publicly" before the games??? I loved it. Got to see it twice last season (reg season and playoff). Standing up to the system. Have.a friend in South Carolina that saw it on Facebook. I was dang proud to tell her we were fortunate enough to get to see it firsthand. Keep doing what your doing and God Bless.......

Oneida is famous in South Carolina. She says some of their schools in Florence are following your example.

Good post, man! Other than standing up for God and their beliefs, reaching at least one person, school or community means what they're doing was/is worth it.

Matthew 5:14-16 says "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

Good post, man! Other than standing up for God and their beliefs, reaching at least one person, school or community means what they're doing was/is worth it.

Matthew 5:14-16 says "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

This didn't come from the good book but it means the same thing. You've got to stand for something. In our watered down world ,there is no right or wrong,its just choices.NOT