Springfield at Macon County

LEON

We played MC way back in the day when I played and it has always been the same story. I admit MC has been better/more competitive since those days. However they just never have had the speed nor the athletes to play w/ Springfield. I am extremely confident we win this game, dont know if we hold them under 120 yards, dont really care as long as we get the win.....lol

lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played MC way back in the day when I played and it has always been the same story. I admit MC has been better/more competitive since those days. However they just never have had the speed nor the athletes to play w/ Springfield. I am extremely confident we win this game, dont know if we hold them under 120 yards, dont really care as long as we get the win.....lol

Hey do yall have a freshmen team?

Hey do yall have a freshmen team?

I believe they do JV, mostly freshman/sophs, w/ a few Jrs/Sens sprinkled in that never really got the chance to play, but very few of the latter.....

I apologize for giving the incorrect info, I said what they had done in the past, oh well either way we have some good talent coming up.....

Edited by Kevin38

Yes, both a freshman and JV team. The freshman team may have two or three sophomores for depth purposes. The JV is sophomores/juniors with a few freshmen and maybe a senior or two. Both teams play anywhere from 6-8 games a year.

Aw ok thanks for the info. Just curious what was the freshmen record this year? Ours play for the city championship today. "7-0"

1990 game 10 Sprngfield was trying to win a share district. Macon was 5-4 tring to become bowl game eliagble. Macon scores with just seconds left I think it was 28-27....went for 2 and converted to win the game 29-28

1990 game 10 Sprngfield was trying to win a share district. Macon was 5-4 tring to become bowl game eliagble. Macon scores with just seconds left I think it was 28-27....went for 2 and converted to win the game 29-28

Thanx for the info, that was a little before my time but to the best of my knowledge the last time MC beat SHS. The 1st time I played against MC my freshman year we won 75-0, that was the worst we ever beat them, but none of the games I played against them were ever close.....

Edited by Kevin38

Remember this game Springfield was 6-1 and then lost their last three to Henry Co. Portland and Macon County. The Portland loss was on a Hail Mary pass late in the game and the Macon loss knocked the Jackets out of the play-offs.

Remember this game Springfield was 6-1 and then lost their last three to Henry Co. Portland and Macon County. The Portland loss was on a Hail Mary pass late in the game and the Macon loss knocked the Jackets out of the play-offs.

I think that's went Portland had one of the best backfields ever in TN hs, Braxton and Banks. Ok Springfield folks, remember the 1988 brawl with MC that put both teams on probation?