Springfield at Macon County

LEON

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dandy of a game to watch, TONS of action!  Lots of offense... not so much defense. Springfield has a great looking team.  Dangerous and hard to stop on offense. Good night for your skill players especially.  Your RB #23 has some fantastic speed and an instinctive runner, along with your QB.  Some power runners there too with speed also.  A great looking WR in #20 who had a very good game.  The Tigers played great just couldn't get that tying score at the end. Our QB #15 had an outstanding game with 245 yards on the ground. An absolute great game to watch.  I do have to question that 4th down try on your own 45 with 4:00 or so to go, that let the Tigers get to within 7, Hmmmmm :huh: Good luck down the road. Should be a good game with Pearl Cohn.

A dandy of a game to watch, TONS of action! Lots of offense... not so much defense. Springfield has a great looking team. Dangerous and hard to stop on offense. Good night for your skill players especially. Your RB #23 has some fantastic speed and an instinctive runner, along with your QB. Some power runners there too with speed also. A great looking WR in #20 who had a very good game. The Tigers played great just couldn't get that tying score at the end. Our QB #15 had an outstanding game with 245 yards on the ground. An absolute great game to watch. I do have to question that 4th down try on your own 45 with 4:00 or so to go, that let the Tigers get to within 7, Hmmmmm :huh: Good luck down the road. Should be a good game with Pearl Cohn.

FYI, #23 is only a freshman. Good kid too.

A dandy of a game to watch, TONS of action! Lots of offense... not so much defense. Springfield has a great looking team. Dangerous and hard to stop on offense. Good night for your skill players especially. Your RB #23 has some fantastic speed and an instinctive runner, along with your QB. Some power runners there too with speed also. A great looking WR in #20 who had a very good game. The Tigers played great just couldn't get that tying score at the end. Our QB #15 had an outstanding game with 245 yards on the ground. An absolute great game to watch. I do have to question that 4th down try on your own 45 with 4:00 or so to go, that let the Tigers get to within 7, Hmmmmm :huh: Good luck down the road. Should be a good game with Pearl Cohn.

I can't compare everbody to us "pc" because everybody's not us and I realize that everybody match up different. I see so people talking about springfield on here and some people say we just alike but if where alike why we are not playing alike? What's the big difference? I know one thing that it seems like our defense I way better but that can be deceptive.

I can't compare everbody to us "pc" because everybody's not us and I realize that everybody match up different. I see so people talking about springfield on here and some people say we just alike but if where alike why we are not playing alike? What's the big difference? I know one thing that it seems like our defense I way better but that can be deceptive.

We have been known to come out strong, build a lead, and relinquish it in the 2nd half, I say we are similar in speed/quickness but we don't have the over all size you guys have.....

Leon, you will enjoy watching young Seth play. I'm not sure he can make enough plays to outscore the Jackets. Have a safe trip down.

Springfield 31t

Macon 21

Carlisle was impressive , especially in running the football , good vision and football savy , many times the Jackets over pursued on defense and he was very patient and waited to get a seam and pick up yardage. I don't know the make

up of your team , but with him only being a sophomore it looks like Macon County will be a tough team in the future. I really like the atmosphere at your stadium , right on top of the action , not a fan of the more modern stadiums with a track around the field. I hope when we move to the new stadium in a few years that it won't have a track around it. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way.

Edited by LEON

FBfan26, I'm not sure I can say they are like you, except in their speed at the skill positions. I thought Springfield's defense is also speedy and can bring some intense pressure with their rush.  Kevin38 probably summed it up best with the size advantage to PC.  I have had a hard time judging the outcome of certain games this year and have been thoroughly surprised more than once this season.  You guys took us to the woodshed at PC and we played a very good game against the Jackets at home, and that may be, as you said, credited to the PC defense.  Both PC and Springfield have played tough schedules against some good teams, with similar outcomes against district opponents, except for just a couple. Macon's matchup is one of them that was quite different. I think the matchup between PC and Springfield should be a good one. I'll probably give PC the edge with that game being played at home.

Carlisle was impressive , especially in running the football , good vision and football savy , many times the Jackets over pursued on defense and he was very patient and waited to get a seam and pick up yardage. I don't know the make

up of your team , but with him only being a sophomore it looks like Macon County will be a tough team in the future. I really like the atmosphere at your stadium , right on top of the action , not a fan of the more modern stadiums with a track around the field. I hope when we move to the new stadium in a few years that it won't have a track around it. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way.

Thanks for the comments Leon, we certainly treasure the young man.  I will credit your Jacket's defensive pressure along with some good pass coverage with giving our passing game a hard time.  The stadium is cozy, and it has been there a good long time.  With a little more room on the visitor's sideline for the boys, and a row or two more seats on that side and it would be about right.  Thanks again, and good luck to you guys.