Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

That mTp team lost 3 to very quality teams. 2 of them Arguably top 5 1A teams (WC,CA) and Fayetteville is no slouch.... mTp will finish 7-3 and likely finish in the 2nd round of the playoffs and WC goose egged them... Coming from the East, Coalfield is most likely to represent the East in the Championship, but the next best would come out of Region 4 in Columbia Academy.

Wayne Co. gets the Win by 7 in a back and forth game all night.

Mount Pleasant is no slouch either. WC played good defense that game. I think the difference between this years D and last years is; a little quicker and definitely more disciplined in their positions.

We also beat out of Region opp. & #10 ranked in 2A Scotts Hill. But we aint played nobody... What they dont realize is we have played a much harder schedule than them. Our opp win% is 52%. While their opp win% is just 40.8%. So idk why they think our schedule is so weak!

Milan beat mcnairy 35-6 and mcnairy beat Scott's hill so Milan would definitely beat Scott's hill and they would also beat mtp. Mckenzie would beat both of those teams and Camden would be a good game

Milan beat mcnairy 35-6 and mcnairy beat Scott's hill so Milan would definitely beat Scott's hill and they would also beat mtp. Mckenzie would beat both of those teams and Camden would be a good game

I love the whole "this team beat that team, and that team beat this team" argument, teams match up differently w/ one another, the football math doesnt always add up.....lol

I know its a few days early but ALLLLL the talk has spilled over into 4 or 5 diff threads on the board so even though im early I think its a good idea. Lets keep all the smack talk on this thread!

Too early for this thread  way too early for this, I am just saying I will give my thoughts on this after our games friday, possible injuries and other stuff might happen between now and then I guess I'll read about 10 pages Friday night or saturday.  Not mad at you for posting this already WCHS Wildcats #2, I even know why you made it, but I will wait a few more days.  Lets just both our teams come out of this game injury free.

Too early for this thread way too early for this, I am just saying I will give my thoughts on this after our games friday, possible injuries and other stuff might happen between now and then I guess I'll read about 10 pages Friday night or saturday. Not mad at you for posting this already WCHS Wildcats #2, I even know why you made it, but I will wait a few more days. Lets just both our teams come out of this game injury free.

Didnt want to make it as early as I did but it was the result of WC/Hdon talk going on in many other places.

You'll learn one day that who played who and who beat who, doesn't matter all that much. While it does make a difference playing good teams to better yourself. What matters is how you play each and every week. Like Kevin said, teams match up in different ways. A good example of what I'm talking about, is the WC vs Cascade game in 2006. Again, let's just hope both teams come into this game with their best and give their best. Edited by wildcatalumni

Too early for this thread way too early for this, I am just saying I will give my thoughts on this after our games friday, possible injuries and other stuff might happen between now and then I guess I'll read about 10 pages Friday night or saturday. Not mad at you for posting this already WCHS Wildcats #2, I even know why you made it, but I will wait a few more days. Lets just both our teams come out of this game injury free.

I'm right there with ya, but I just can't wait lol. I've had this game circled on my schedule ever since the schedules come out. I knew that both teams had the chance to come into this game undefeated. I hope both teams take care of business this week and make it out healthy.

If you are talking about Hardin County, WC played them 7 times in the ’50s:

1950: Lost 6-39

1951: Lost 13-33

1954: Won 12-0 (Catfish Bowl)

1956: Lost 12-19

1957: Won 19-6

1958: Won 20-7

1959: Tied 19-19

I’m pretty certain your granddaddy was talking about the 1954 Catfish Bowl. WC had over 200 penalty yards to 0 penalties for Savannah and we still won, 12-0. Apparently, the trophy was a mount of the then-world record Catfish caught at Savannah. I always wondered what happened to it.

That's it! I always enjoyed to hear him talk about that. And the time he knocked Johnny Majors on his rear. And the time he drew a flag while doing PA for the cats. Good stuff.

I think I remember him saying the trophy went back to Savannah. They wanted to use the same trophy every year.

You'll learn one day that who played who and who beat who, doesn't matter all that much. While it does make a difference playing good teams to better yourself. What matters is how you play each and every week. Like Kevin said, teams match up in different ways. A good example of what I'm talking about, is the WC vs Cascade game in 2006. Again, let's just hope both teams come into this game with their best and give their best.

you logic is right when the games are close but when a high school teams beats another by 29 points I promise any team that lost to that team will lose to the another

I love the whole "this team beat that team, and that team beat this team" argument, teams match up differently w/ one another, the football math doesnt always add up.....lol

if the game was one td or even 2 I would agree with you but you're not gonna match up with a team that beat a team you lost to by 29 any better than they did

this ain't college or pro football. How teams match up in 1&2a not that big of a deal.If one dominates a team and another struggles to get a win its not a match up problem.its one team is a lot better. than the other two that are more equal