Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

I'm pretty sure I went thru Hardin Co on my way to Waynesboro earlier this year..why arent they ever on the schedule?

From my understanding, Hardin County and Lawrence County haven't been interested in scheduling more than a scrimmage for years - LC won't even scrimmage.  I don't know that we're beating the door down to schedule a game either.  Lawrence Co. was almost scheduled a few years back, but it didn't happen. All it would be is an embarrassing loss for them.  If they won, everyone would say, "big deal, you beat 1A team."

Of course, Paris and Huntingdon are a little closer than Waynesboro and Savannah or Lawrenceburg, but Henry County never shows up on Huntingdon's schedule either. 

In general, 4A/5A schools don't schedule many good 1A schools and vice versa.     

Edited by 1RT

Been hoping for a Henry County or Lexington match up for years...maybe sometime in the future....did play 4A Lexington in a scrimmage this year and beat them 21-7 in 2 quarters

WC had Chester Co on the schedule in 09 and 10, they refused to reschedule after that. After the 2010 season Lewis Co refused to reschedule. Coach Rice tries to get bigger schools but doesn't have much luck without long travel. He even got Union City in 11 and 12 in which we split 1-1, just too far a drive for reg season at the time, now in this new region it's every week some team has about this far a drive.

Huntingdon use to beat Henry Co. regularly in the huntingdon jamboree.Hc didn't want to take the chance either

WC had Chester Co on the schedule in 09 and 10, they refused to reschedule after that. After the 2010 season Lewis Co refused to reschedule. Coach Rice tries to get bigger schools but doesn't have much luck without long travel. He even got Union City in 11 and 12 in which we split 1-1, just too far a drive for reg season at the time, now in this new region it's every week some team has about this far a drive.

Coaches at bigger schools don't take a lot of chances.  Lose to too many 1A schools who aren't rivals, and you get fired.  Lewis County is an exception, our coaches' beef with each other is the only reason we don't play anymore.

Nevermind, took me a minute, I'm assuming you came from Aville or close by there visiting family in Wboro

Yeah. I think it was Zebra talking about driving thru Savannah and Waynesboro on the way to C'wood game. I've drove from Adamsville to Huntingdon before.  It's a straight shot on Hwy 22, and then it'd be straight across on 64 to Waynesboro.  The road is a lot straighter than 13, but I'm not sure it'd be quicker from Huntingdon to Waynesboro than going 13/412, or taking the highways through Lexington, Parsons, and Clifton and then down to Waynesboro.

Edited by 1RT