Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

20 and 7, but they moved to outside linebackers last night for Rices defensive plan. Didn't play much defensive tackle last night. They also start in the backfield as running backs with Cole. 7 weighs about 220 and 20 about 250

Yeah, those two guys are TOUGH to handle, wherever you position them on defense.  #20 ate HC's lunch all night when we hosted you guys.  I love the fact that WC just has players....and that Coach Rice insightful/creative about those personal decisions week to week.  Lot's of fluidity, nothing set in stone, limitless ways to challenge any given opponent...It's great stuff!

I'm also still amazed at the vast number of explosive plays WC produces.  85-90% of WC touchdowns are scored from outside the redzone!!!  And your team speed (or any individual players speed) is truly not that much beyond that of your opponents.  85-90%....that's just amazing.

Championship caliber coaching, and uncanny execution for 1A high school ball....that's what it is.

I haven't seen UC, Dresden, or NCS.  But I believe that WC can play with and beat any of those teams even though the athleticism edge may go to the other team.

Mark my words.  This team from the little boro is something special that we should all take notice and enjoy.

Edited by disciple633

Yeah, those two guys are TOUGH to handle, wherever you position them on defense. #20 ate HC's lunch all night when we hosted you guys. I love the fact that WC just has players....and that Coach Rice insightful/creative about those personal decisions week to week. Lot's of fluidity, nothing set in stone, limitless ways to challenge any given opponent...It's great stuff!

I'm also still amazed at the vast number of explosive plays WC produces. 85-90% of WC touchdowns are scored from outside the redzone!!! And your team speed (or any individual players speed) is truly not that much beyond that of your opponents. 85-90%....that's just amazing.

Championship caliber coaching, and uncanny execution for 1A high school ball....that's what it is.

I haven't seen UC, Dresden, or NCS. But I believe that WC can play with and beat any of those teams even though the athleticism edge may go to the other team.

Mark my words. This team from the little boro is something special that we should all take notice and enjoy.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! We're very proud of our coaches and kids as they all work really hard. I think the biggest thing is that WC players buy in to everything coach Rice teaches them, they would walk through fire for him! Coach Rice ain't scared to get them by the face mask and bring them down a notch when needed and hug them for giving their best. And let's not leave coach Crews out of the conversation, he is an offensive genius! As for the week to week thing, that's what makes WC so hard to prepare for. They watch countless hours of film and can pick apart opponents weaknesses and know exactly what they can and can't do on both sides of the ball every week, that's the reason for all the players moving around so much. They match their best athletes up where they are needed the most against each team.

I noticed #32 out a lot. #4 even sat out some plays. He didn't look 100%. Was he one of them that was sick or whatever?

You might have missed the run of the year BH. Rice had a good one for the last TD. Cole and Ray put a hurtin on some of their defenders.

Bigby, I stood with one of MtP former coaches. I thought the same thing about old region 6. You gotta come ready to hit and be hit.

I hate that I missed it man I really do!! I did get to watch the first 3 qtrs live frm Brian Miller's periscope app. And sounds like I missed a heck of a play!! Ive heard ab it from several ppl.

I dont got enough service to upload the dang game off of Hudl...we are standing by for a few days at a dead spot so ill have to wait!

Also I was told from a school official that rhe total paid for this game was 1500 not counting the ones who get in free upstairs/coaches etc and ones with season tix so Id say there was prob around 1700 ppl present!

I noticed #32 out a lot. #4 even sat out some plays. He didn't look 100%. Was he one of them that was sick or whatever?

You might have missed the run of the year BH. Rice had a good one for the last TD. Cole and Ray put a hurtin on some of their defenders.

Bigby, I stood with one of MtP former coaches. I thought the same thing about old region 6. You gotta come ready to hit and be hit.

I hate that I missed it man I really do!! I did get to watch the first 3 qtrs live frm Brian Miller's periscope app. And sounds like I missed a heck of a play!! Ive heard ab it from several ppl.

I dont got enough service to upload the dang game off of Hudl...we are standing by for a few days at a dead spot so ill have to wait!

Also I was told from a school official that rhe total paid for this game was 1500 not counting the ones who get in free upstairs/coaches etc and ones with season tix so Id say there was prob around 1700 ppl present!

That's it? 1700?? I really don't mean this disrespectfully but I would have thought there would have been a lot more there than that considering the importance of this match up. I have been to some Milan/Huntingdon games where there was 5000+. Nevertheless..... Congrats on the win. I was happy for you guys.

That's it? 1700?? I really don't mean this disrespectfully but I would have thought there would have been a lot more there than that considering the importance of this match up. I have been to some Milan/Huntingdon games where there was 5000+. Nevertheless..... Congrats on the win. I was happy for you guys.

Waynesboro pop is only bout 2500 people.....but I did hear our crowd could be heard on the other side of town.....we knew it was a big matchup.....milan pop 7700 little difference there was my point Edited by wboro33

I'm sure most people in Huntingdon are nice people but you have a few posters on here that love to get on other teams threads & talk smack about the teams & talk about the kids & call them out by name. That would be the reason that people are giving those posters a hard time. Truly hate to hear about the injuries to the Stangs players.

you are a liar.yeah huntinhdon posters get on other threads and talk smack.that's what theses threads are for.but you're lying about calling players out by name.

you are a liar.yeah huntinhdon posters get on other threads and talk smack.that's what theses threads are for.but you're lying about calling players out by name.

I'm not calling anybody a liar and as much as you've got under my skin I will have to take up for you, I havnt heard any names been called out. Players names anyway