Gerry Bertier's Unofficial 3A playoff predictions and Top 10 Poll

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any rankings without CPA #1 with their schedule and how they played through injuries is incorrect.

Should be CPA 1, Alcoa 2, CAK 3. However, CAK would have to play very good to beat CPA or Alcoa.

All three are great teams and programs.

Im surprised about Upperman being in the top 10? They dress 752 kids but they just didn't seem like they had enough to be a title contender. If they play any of the top 3 in the playoffs they will be substantial underdogs.

They dress 752 kids?! Man, can't imagine what that dog fight over a specific jersey number is each year....

Also, stop getting your panties in a wad over subjective rankings... CPA's schedule looked unbelievable in the preseason but at this point, no one not wearing purple and gold is impressed by beating bad teams, barely in some cases and even losing to maybe the worst Ensworth team in 10 years. Is CPA one of the 3 best teams in the state in 3A? Absolutely. But color me more impressed by Alcoa at this point in the season than CPA.

Any rankings without CPA #1 with their schedule and how they played through injuries is incorrect.

Should be CPA 1, Alcoa 2, CAK 3. However, CAK would have to play very good to beat CPA or Alcoa.

All three are great teams and programs.

Im surprised about Upperman being in the top 10? They dress 752 kids but they just didn't seem like they had enough to be a title contender. If they play any of the top 3 in the playoffs they will be substantial underdogs.

so which 8 ranked team wouldn't be substantial underdogs against the top 3?

They dress 752 kids?! Man, can't imagine what that dog fight over a specific jersey number is each year....

Also, stop getting your panties in a wad over subjective rankings... CPA's schedule looked unbelievable in the preseason but at this point, no one not wearing purple and gold is impressed by beating bad teams, barely in some cases and even losing to maybe the worst Ensworth team in 10 years. Is CPA one of the 3 best teams in the state in 3A? Absolutely. But color me more impressed by Alcoa at this point in the season than CPA.

Panties in a wad? Because I disagree? Too funny. You said they were subjective right? That means reasonable minds kind differ.

The number of kids dressed was a joke because they have a huge number.

Its funny that losing to Ensworth is now frowned upon? Its still Ensworth fella. CPA played with injuries to key players the entire year so they aren't as good as they were last year. If they get healthy they have a great shot at repeating.

See how discussion works kiddo?

Its funny that losing to Ensworth is now frowned upon? Its still Ensworth fella. CPA played with injuries to key players the entire year so they aren't as good as they were last year. If they get healthy they have a great shot at repeating.

Same Ensworth team that lost to 2A Trezevant. At this point in the season every team is dealing with injuries. IMO, CPA doesn't have the dominant defense they had the year before that can sit down the power running game of Alcoa.

Right now if Liberty and CPA meet up I have Liberty as a along favorite, basically a toss up. Think of Liberty as a team similar but more physical than Pearl Cohn.

Same Ensworth team that lost to 2A Trezevant. At this point in the season every team is dealing with injuries. IMO, CPA doesn't have the dominant defense they had the year before that can sit down the power running game of Alcoa.

Right now if Liberty and CPA meet up I have Liberty as a along favorite, basically a toss up. Think of Liberty as a team similar but more physical than Pearl Cohn.

PC? You mean the team CPA played without their all state safety/TB?

Sure everyone deals with injuries but don't injuries to your best players play a much bigger role? Isn't that what happened to Alcoa last season?

CPA has many weeks to get dinged up guys back so they've been working on the throwing game from what I've heard. I still believe it's a two team race with CAK being able to upset #1 and #2 if they get the breaks.

Have you seen CAK this year?

Edited by Playerscoach

Panties in a wad? Because I disagree? Too funny. You said they were subjective right? That means reasonable minds kind differ.

The number of kids dressed was a joke because they have a huge number.

I do appreciate you trying to teach me a lesson with your wit but when you tell someone their list is incorrect because they don't have your team at #1, that's not discussion, that's being a Richard. Have you actually seen Alcoa or CAK play? Or are you just saying you have. When have you had the time to travel to Knox area and seen both of those teams play? if you want discussion, CoachT is the absolute best place for it, but what you're doing isn't discussion, Richard. Edited by AMYoung

You are spot on about Liberty.

I do appreciate you trying to teach me a lesson with your wit but when you tell someone their list is incorrect because they don't have your team at #1, that's not discussion, that's being a Richard. Have you actually seen Alcoa or CAK play? Or are you just saying you have. When have you had the time to travel to Knox area and seen both of those teams play? if you want discussion, CoachT is the absolute best place for it, but what you're doing isn't discussion, Richard.

So him giving a list is not an opinion? Your argument makes no sense. I said his list was incorrect and gave reasons why I thought so. I'm not sure what that's difficult for you to understand? Both his post and my post are subjective opinions.

Yes I watched CAK in person. Look at their schedules and you'll see when and where they played in middle TN. Why would I say I did if I really didn't?

Lastly, you calling me a Richard is silly but like many on here thats what you folks do. I hope you're better than 3rd grade insults in the future.