Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

There's not one BPM. At all. If a kid wants to be a part of your team that's great. If the kid, or the parents does not then everyone is better off going separate ways. Give me the ones that want to represent the Bobcats and Giles County. The ones who don't are names who don't count. :ugeek:

Exactly, if you don't want to support the black and gold, then hit the road. Best of luck to ya.

There's not one BPM. At all. If a kid wants to be a part of your team that's great. If the kid, or the parents does not then everyone is better off going separate ways. Give me the ones that want to represent the Bobcats and Giles County. The ones who don't are names who don't count. :ugeek:

Milan is open zone and over the years we have had several ball players that I can remember transfer in to play. Some from in county and some from out of county. We basically have the same school board policy as Alcoa and Maryville have regarding open zoning. Lots of haters over the years have given us flack about it. It's not a lot of kids though and them and their parents do it by the book. So in my opinion the haters can go jump in the creek!!!

Milan is open zone and over the years we have had several ball players that I can remember transfer in to play. Some from in county and some from out of county. We basically have the same school board policy as Alcoa and Maryville have regarding open zoning. Lots of haters over the years have given us flack about it. It's not a lot of kids though and them and their parents do it by the book. So in my opinion the haters can go jump in the creek!!!

My personal opinion is that the open zone schools should be placed in a different division with the non scholarship privates like CPA, BGA, etc. but in this situation the Marshall coach is openly recruiting these kids. If they want to go to Marshall then move their. WOMG won't these kids have to set out a year?

My personal opinion is that the open zone schools should be placed in a different division with the non scholarship privates like CPA, BGA, etc. but in this situation the Marshall coach is openly recruiting these kids. If they want to go to Marshall then move their. WOMG won't these kids have to set out a year?

I respect your opinion. But I see a couple of problems. First the vast majority of open zone schools field mediocre to poor football teams. Only a handful actually have dominant football teams. The success of these few cause many people to have a negative view of open zones when the truth is many struggle to compete.

Second most public schools in TN are open zone. About 2/3 to be specific. If you move them to their own division no body for the most part will be left. And yes if a kid transfers in after they start HS without a move of residence to the new school zone they have to sit out a year.

I respect your opinion. But I see a couple of problems. First the vast majority of open zone schools field mediocre to poor football teams. Only a handful actually have dominant football teams. The success of these few cause many people to have a negative view of open zones when the truth is many struggle to compete.

Second most public schools in TN are open zone. About 2/3 to be specific. If you move them to their own division no body for the most part will be left. And yes if a kid transfers in after they start HS without a move of residence to the new school zone they have to sit out a year.

The vast majority are open zoned to their county not out of county kids, but don't want to take over Giles board with that argument.

BPM is correct on sitting out a year however the T$$AA handles each case separately. The student can petition the T$$AA for a wavier based on hardship or personal situational conditions. If there is a change of address it still has to be approved. (renting a shell apartment won't cut it along with relatives who do not have custody). Now with that being said I have seen cases where they disallowed a sure move and cases where a questionable one was allowed. :ugeek:  

In 4a any parent or kid that has come to the conclusion that transferring to any school other than Fulton, Catholic, or Ridgeway is going to get junior a ring is grasping at the stars. Barring injuries/transfers/suspensions ect, the Falcon/God Squad winner takes the Gold for the next 3 years.

If you think junior will get a better education, fit in with his peers better, or perusing a different level/style of coaching have at it. But if your not sending him through the front doors of the above mentioned schools junior ain't a getting a ring in 4a anywhere else. For the next 3 anyway..... :ugeek:

If a kid wants to go. Go. If a parent wants to take them elsewhere. Fine. The new man in charge will still have a lot of committed, talented kids. Great things are in store for Giles in the future.

Having said that. WOMG who's the head man going to be?

Roost this just in from a reliable source, after the first of the year Donnie Baker will take over the reins of the Giles County Football Program. I swear to god, it's true, state law.

Roost this just in from a reliable source, after the first of the year Donnie Baker will take over the reins of the Giles County Football Program. I swear to god, it's true, state law.

Said it right to your face Roost! I also heard that Kent Murphy is gonna be the OC. Edited by leadfarmer

Said it right to your face Roost! I also heard that Kent Murphy is gonna be the OC.

I thought it was funny. I did have to look up who Donnie Baker was. LOL. I just hope the team is nothing to laugh at. As with every team there are a lot of good, hardworking kids on the team. Some of the parents are funny though.