Maryville's baby brother vs. CAK

Govolsknox

Excellent observations. Glad I'm not the only fan scratching his head at some of the personnel decisions. One in particular on D has me baffled, but I don't want to get into that issue on a public board as it would end up being too easy to identify the young man involved in a way that wouldn't be constructive.

Had forgotten about 21 getting reps last night until you alluded to it. As a grizzled old veteran of the trenches, it's easy for me to identify why 78 didn't play last night. 9 will be a really good player if he continues to put weight on and retain his speed. One thing that might be the case is 21 is considered a better blocker than 9? It seemed pretty obvious that 31 was moved back for blocking purposes, so it's entirely possible that was the reasoning there too. You all have seen these boys more than I have though so I could be way off base.

My favorite part of the game is when the CAK player ran the Alcoa player out of bounds. alcoas trainer Miss Fat Or something like that took off like she was going to get in the scuffle. We told our players if we end up playing Alcoa in the playoffs if she gets in your face give her just what she deserves. I've never seen a trainer do anything like that. I think she may need to be reeled in a bit.

I thought CAK played hard. Their defense is improved. They just ran into a brick wall. I have watched Alcoa for over 40 years. This is their most impressive defense yet in my opinion. I know this years Dline doesn't have a player like Brandon Warren,Rae Sykes or Tyler Robinson but I like this Dline better. Warren,Sykes and Robinson took plays off. These Dlinemen this year bring it every play.

No team in the state would score a lot on Alcoa. This is what impresses me about Alcoa's defense. Maryville has lit up every team they played besides Alcoa. Maryville scored 50 by halftime vs Heritage,Scored 49 on a very good Fulton team that probably win 4A,Scored 38 by halftime vs Science Hill,35 by halftime vs Jefferson County,49 by halftime vs Dobyns Bennett,27 by halftime vs Bearden,35 by halftime vs William Blount and 28 by halftime vs Bradley Central. Maryville has a great offensive team loaded with talent. Against Alcoa Maryville scored 20 points and only had around 250yds. Every point and hard was hard earned. Maryville scrapped their way to get those 20 points.

Good luck to those other 3A teams trying to score against Alcoa. You are going to need it.

Hey Ron how have you been?