District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Cleggy, good to see you!!

The fights were amongst fans not players.

At harpeth it was a jv game getting out of control, because of refereeing and no punches were thrown but a harpeth coach broke it up by grabbing a white house player, whose parent was there that started the altercation of the night ........ Then if you ever been to harpeth fans of opposing teams have to sit on same side, and was a scuffle after varsity game in bleachers.

The other night against sycamore it was a free throw, and one of white house's players was guarding brown on the court over by their coach. Obviously also you know being in their live game "huddle" which is legal,  Sycamore coach then used his arm and body to body the white house player out of the "huddle" which got a parent hot which then started the verbal altercation between parent and sycamore coach.

So no WH players in any trouble or even any white house players even receiving a techinical in either situation.

The whole incident was quite comical. The WH player was ducking and weaving into the huddle, acting like he was "listening" to what was being said. I feel if the Ref would have seen the Sycamore coach touch the WH player things would have been different...with at least a T and maybe the coach being ejected. That coach was hot about the whole thing. Pretty funny stuff.

The Heritage vs Harpeth and the Cheatham vs White House games were Cancelled last night for the storms. Premature decision at best, but it happened. So now both will play the games tonight 2/3/16. The White House vs WHHeritage game that was cancelled for snow will be made up 2/8/16 Monday night at White House.

I still feel Heritage can beat any team is this district even with the dismal 2-5 record. They can be very dangerous if everyone is "on". Best case scenario...win most of the last 5 district games and finish 7-5 or 6-6 with some wins going in to the district tournament. Worst case...lose 5 straight and go in feeling terrible. I don't think they will finish with what Guru says at 3-9. Whatever the outcome will be, it starts tonight at Harpeth.

White House is talented enough to beat Cheatham tonight. How to stop Douglas is the question.

Their fate is in their own hands as well. They are dangerous too if they shoot well and make good decisions. Greenbrier almost beat them last week, had them beat in regulation and had lead in OT but WH pulled it out....shows grit. crazy though. Makes me scratch my head. Westmoreland beat Greenbrier easily last night. so idk. A win tonight will give em a chance at the regular season championship...if they win out...and that will be a very tall order.

Westmoreland is just fundamentally sound from one to five. That is how they win games also physical and rebound well. Big man down low has improved a lot ! He killed greenbrier last night. Surprising ability and soft hands.

Should be an interesting finish and I am looking forward to the tournament. Could be several changes in the standings. Time will tell . Good luck. Hope all stay injury free.

Good post New Blue

Well I had all the winners correct a little off on the scoring..

Didn't think westmoreland would beat greenbrier that bad.

The White House @ Cheatham game was a great game with #51 for white house being the leading scorer in the game. White house would sometimes triple team douglas. Give cheathams' other players some credit on hitting some shots. And give White House Credit on holding douglas under 30.

Sounds like the Heritage Harpeth game was a good one. A little low scoring being 47-45 .......New Blue was it a buzzer beater?? or just a victory?

Things are shaking up in this district and still many seeds still up for grabs. Westmoreland still has a chance to possibly win the district if they win out. That will be tough though .

Standings as of now

1) Cheatham (7-1) play greenbrier, sycamroe, heritage, westmoreland

2) Westmoreland  (7-2) play harpeth, white house, cheatham

3) White House (6-3) play harpeth, heritage, westmoreland

4) Harpeth (5-4) play white house, sycamore, westmoreland

5) WH-Heritage (3-5) play greenbrier, sycamore, white house, cheatham

6) Sycamore (2-6) play Cheatham , harpeth, heritage, greenbrier

7) Greenbrier (0-9) play heritage, cheatham, sycamore

I watched Heritage lay a big ole stinky dud last night against Greenbrier.  Congrats to the Bobcats who hung in there the entire game.  While the Patriots appeared uninspired and indifferent, the Cats were hungry.  Patriots have the athletes but not the desire.  No leadership on the court, lackadasical effort, and ineptitude against a team they should have beat by 15.  I believe its too late for them to get it going.  Perhaps many of them look at basketball as a secondary sport to them and are just going thru the motions. IDK, but my preseason predictions were way off base.  now is when a players only meeting is needed but no one has stepped up as leaders on this team. 

I watched Heritage lay a big ole stinky dud last night against Greenbrier.  Congrats to the Bobcats who hung in there the entire game.  While the Patriots appeared uninspired and indifferent, the Cats were hungry.  Patriots have the athletes but not the desire.  No leadership on the court, lackadasical effort, and ineptitude against a team they should have beat by 15.  I believe its too late for them to get it going.  Perhaps many of them look at basketball as a secondary sport to them and are just going thru the motions. IDK, but my preseason predictions were way off base.  now is when a players only meeting is needed but no one has stepped up as leaders on this team. 

I beg to differ Cleggy, Heritage played their butts off last night against a tough Greenbrier team that Just took White House to overtime last week and had them beat. They also took either Westmoreland or Harpeth to overtime earlier in the year as well. Played Cheatham well. Greenbrier is not that bad and played a pretty much perfect game last night to beat Heritage. I don't know if you noticed but the foul count in the second half was 18-5....against Heritage. Are you kidding me !  Greenbrier lived on the line starting early in the third. Heritage never got to 1-1. That is laughable and didn't help the cause for a win. Heritage pulled an upset against a Harpeth team Wednesday night that was classic hard play and teamwork. There is NOTHING wrong with the effort of this team and I don't see anyone just going through the motions. If anything hurt Heritage it was the substitution pattern in the second half. Good day.

I beg to differ Cleggy, Heritage played their butts off last night against a tough Greenbrier team that Just took White House to overtime last week and had them beat. They also took either Westmoreland or Harpeth to overtime earlier in the year as well. Played Cheatham well. Greenbrier is not that bad and played a pretty much perfect game last night to beat Heritage. I don't know if you noticed but the foul count in the second half was 18-5....against Heritage. Are you kidding me !  Greenbrier lived on the line starting early in the third. Heritage never got to 1-1. That is laughable and didn't help the cause for a win. Heritage pulled an upset against a Harpeth team Wednesday night that was classic hard play and teamwork. There is NOTHING wrong with the effort of this team and I don't see anyone just going through the motions. If anything hurt Heritage it was the substitution pattern in the second half. Good day.

I admire your optimism Newblue, however, I'm sure that you would agree that if Heritage were currently playing up to their potential and hype, they would have beat Greenbrier by 15+.  No excuse for losing that game at HOME.  The Patriots come out flat and let Greenbrier get some momemtum in the very beginning and that carried throughout the game.  If they were HUNGRY, they would have come out and jumped on them like mad dogs.  Yeah the ref's were trying to shine the light on them but you cant blame that for failing to gain rebounding position and boxing out.  Meat and potatos was waiting to be served down there but the Bobcats were wearing them out on the boards.  Where's the calming influence on the court?  Who will take them on their back, say follow me, and demand the same effort from his running mates?  That, my friend, is what Douglas does for the Cubs.  Anyone can blame the coaches, but IMO the players have to look in the mirror and realize that only they can change the results.  They may get it together in time for the tournament, but its not looking bright when players keep dropping off the roster.

cleggy is speaking truths out here. this is seems like two dads not seeing eye to eye or not watching the same game...to be honest after reading both new blue and cleggy posts in this whole topic and not knowing heritage or the kids, i would have to side with cleggy, yall both spoke crazy about how great heritage was going to be but he did man up and say he was wrong his preseason predictions were way off base meanwhile new blue I believe thinks they can still win the district! I stand by my three wins in the district for them...cc loss wh loss coin flip with sycamore. they might win that one to get to 4 wins. I havent seen them play since before christmas might make it out to see which one of yall is more correct with their assessment of this team

Also noticed the other day at wh vs cheatham that white house has the best way i can explain it is "extra coaches" behind the bench which is ok but I witnessed multiple times (timeouts end of quarters) which is a T if a crew or opposing coach were to witness it cause I am guessing they arent on the bench because they arent official on school paperwork or whatever. More power to them for being able to do it though. I have seen a ref call a T for that before at the end of a game. 

any good games in this district this week?

WH Heritage vs. White House tonight at WH.  Not much significance to the District standings here, but the Devils can absolutely claim "city" champs with a victory on their home floor over the Patriots.  P.S.  I do not have any children playing in h.s., so I try to tell it like I see it without any bias. LOL