District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Interesting night Tuesday Night!! I did not attend any of the games. I was at the Lebanon/Gallatin game....

Looked like White House went into harpeth ready to score putting up 80.

Douglas with another 40 , no surprise

Heritage with a good win at Greenbrier. Looked like they just let greenbrier hang around by looks of the boxscore.....

Who does everyone have tomorrow night i believe the games are:

Cheatham @ Greenbrier - Cheatham

Westmoreland @ Harpeth - Interesting match up. Will harpeth bounce back and give westmoreland their first loss in district. Thats a long drive for westmoreland....

Heritage @ Sycamore - Another chance for Heritage to prove they can work their way back to the top. I like heritage in this game, but really just depends on if they can stop Brown.

District Standings:

1) Westmoreland 4-0

2) Cheatham County 3-1

3) White House 3-2

4) Harpeth 3-2

5) Sycamore 1-3

6) White House-Heritage 1-3

7) Greenbrier 0-4

After seeing both Harpeth and sycamore, I can say I am wrong. Harpeth is clearly a better team right now. I thought sycamore would find an interior presence and they haven't. Cheatham just destroyed them on the glass.

If cubs hadn't lost the 2 kids, they would probably be undefeated right now. They are too dependent on Douglas. He is the 2nd leading scorer in the entire state and 4th leading rebounder last time I checked. The have had kids step up from game to game but no one consistently. May cost them come tournament time.

Glad to see Heritage moving up off the bottom of the chart. With a decisive win over Sycamore this week

White House played a good game against a tough Harpeth team as well. Good win for those boys.

Cheatham gets by Greenbrier in what I heard was a really fast paced affair. :popcorneater: 

Westmoreland gets knocked off the throne and I am certain will not be their last loss this year. 

Here is a summary of the last 7 games for each team...interesting. Going on Coach T stats. Could be some game not listed. idk. correct me if wrong. I think a good indication of where the teams are going headed into the final third of the season.

Cheatham 6-1

White House Heritage 5-2

White House 3-4

Harpeth 3-4

Westmoreland 2-5

sycamore 2-5

Greenbrier 0-7

Thoughts on this weeks games.

Glad to see Heritage moving up off the bottom of the chart. With a decisive win over Sycamore this week

White House played a good game against a tough Harpeth team as well. Good win for those boys.

Cheatham gets by Greenbrier in what I heard was a really fast paced affair. :popcorneater:

Westmoreland gets knocked off the throne and I am certain will not be their last loss this year. 

Here is a summary of the last 7 games for each team...interesting. Going on Coach T stats. Could be some game not listed. idk. correct me if wrong. I think a good indication of where the teams are going headed into the final third of the season.

Cheatham 6-1

White House Heritage 5-2

White House 3-4

Harpeth 3-4

Westmoreland 2-5

sycamore 2-5

Greenbrier 0-7

Thoughts on this weeks games.

As usual another pointless statistic from new blue. The last seven games of a schedule is never an indicator of how things are going to go especially when those seven games include Christmas tournaments from everyone. Weak comp vs good comp in tournaments never fair comparison. If you are looking at a way to "predict" the out come of the rest of the year Ii recommend not doing it, especially in this district. Where the only thing that is a guarantee is that cheatham is still the team to beat, but are actually beatable this year from inferior teams. So with that being said, you must look at the district wins (cause thats what matters not overall wins...wouldn't expect anything else from a fan) but you should know more about the game if you are going to talk about it all the time, and since there hasn't been 7 district games played  you can only go on the games played within the district so far

Cheatham 4-1  L westmoreland on the road

Westmoreland 4-1 L Harpeth on the road

Harpeth 4-2 Cheatham WH both at home(shock)

WH 3-2 Sycamore CC away and home(sycamore only win) jekyll & hyde my name for WH

Heritage 2-3 L all at home not a good sign(W at sycamore is good) 

Sycamore 1-4 W white house at home

Greenbrier 0-5

so what you have here is chaos theory aka the butterfly effect. in laymans terms no one really know what the heck is going on here . By this break down westmoreland beat the best team who lost to harpeth who lost to wh who got beat by sycamore who lost to heritage...so basically by the breakdown in reverse new blue...Heritage is the best team in the district! 

good day gentlemen nice to be back, everyone kick back relax get ya popcorn ready enjoy the second half of yalls district season and please let me know when and where this tournament is I WOULDN'T MISS THIS FOR THE WORLD...BEAUTIFUL DISASTER 

Guru just one observation buddy, calm down...Come to Heritage tomorrow night and get a glimse of where the District Tournament will be held.

Heritage takes on "power house" Cheatham.

Westmoreland vs White house. ehhh Westy takes another loss.

Greenbrier might get their first district win  vs Sycamore. They keep grinding they are bound to win one. that weave tho.

75 I will take it.... came from good made shots as opposed to good not made shots.  Broke the press a lot as well for easy baskets during the game.

Chetham 72 heritage 64 only this close cause maybe things are changing at heritage . Doubt it though .

White House 84 westmoreland 66 or westmoreland 52 White House 46 . Whoever gets their style wins . Devils want to run Eagles want to be methodical .

Sycamore 62 greenbrier 48 Brown is too much for greenbrier and he is tired of losing .

Can't make my mind up on what White House game I am going to . Both should be good . Blue good luck on stopping Douglass . Coach P might have something for him though . Keep him in the 20's and you might have a chance

At the conclusion of this week not just tonight I think we will all maybe either get answers to the top teams or be even more anybody's regular season championship.

With the tournament being at heritage, tonight could be a night to show that they can beat anyone in that gym during the tournament. Thing is heritage home record in this district is not very good. I think cheatham wins this game, but not a blow out.

Greenbrier and Sycamore should be an interesting game. Just feel brown about to get sycamore their second victory.

White House vs. Westmoreland - Very interesting game as I said in earlier post westy could be on a slide with 3 district losses in one week.  I got White House in this game in their own gym. If the scoring gets up in the 60s I think westmoreland's chances diminish.

Cheatham got a good scout of Heritage at the Sycmore game, the entire team was there Friday night. Guess they had a off night. They should have got a good eyeful of what Heritage is capable of....I'm sure what they saw put just a little fear in their gut.

you are right Truth...Heritage lost by 3 to White House at home...and had Westmoreland down by 10 at halftime at home and blew it in the 3rd q. btw two of Heritages top scorers only had 2 points apiece that night. Should be a different game next time around.

Wish I could be at two places at once tonight...would love to see the WH vs Westmoreland game.

Well last night wrapped up the first half of district play ....

Sycamore beat greenbrier - didn't see the box score just heard that they won anyone know how many Brown had ?

White House beat westmoreland - I was at this basketball game , and westmoreland started out up by like 4 then White House went on a like 15-0 run then it was westmoreland trying to catch up mode .... Which they did .. #1 for White House played prob 3 minutes in first half due to foul trouble ...Give westmoreland some credit first time I saw them all year ... They are well coached and do what they can do ... Just seemed they could never get the lead or would get a possession down then White House would go on a run ... White House shot really good free throws ...

Cheatham beat WH-Heritage - heard this game was close at half with heritage in the lead .... Guess douglass just ended up being to much for the patriots ... As he has been for most teams Cheatham has played ..

District standings after first time through .... Thoughts ?!?

1) Cheatham 5-1 (loss to west)

2) White House 4-2 (lost to sycamore /Cheatham)

3) Harpeth 4-2 (lost to Cheatham/White House )

4) Westmoreland 4-2 (lost to harpeth / White House)

5) White House - Heritage 2-4 (beat sycamore /greenbrier)

6) Sycamore 2-4 ( beat white house / greenbrier )

7) Greenbrier 0-6

So Rick Byrd was in Fairview tonight in the bleachers. We asked him who he was there to watch. We bluntly asked him what about Douglas. He asked us how tall is he and what's his name. How in the world has he not heard of Douglas? Was he messing with us? I hope so. Douglas is still far and away the best baller I've seen, read about, and followed this year.