District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Guru good post I was there as well . I definitely get what you are talking about with White House stalling or being patient . Must be old school . They were pushing the lead out running and had they made free throws they could have opened 20 point leads in the third quarter . You could tell they were tired in the second game . Body language was terrible . Tugging on shorts bending over . Yet they never stopped coming . I think their press hurrt pope . I agree with the comment is poorly coached as well as Lexington . Pope has size quickness and #20 is something else . Yet they play around with teams and have wrong people shooting 3 . You have a big guy more comfortable shooting a three then playing in the post keep him outside #24 looked like he loves to shoot the three and has a good looking shot . Lexington coach did not have control of his stars a lot of arguing between teammates and at coaches . White House took a lot of threes didn't hit a lot but looks like they have shooters especially #3 . Should be a lot of fun watching #00 create for him and other shooters . Have to put them on my teams to watch .

New blue . How did heritage look ? What about the big boy in the middle that can jump out of the gym .?

Heard they played MBA close Monday night and even had a chance to win it at the end. I am sure that they had some footballers out that helped Heritage but regardless for them to be competeting says alot about what an underdog they may be. Also heard Harpeth had a good showing, can't remember who they played. What's everyone;s schedule for tonight and thoughts?

Nice report GURU.  Wonder if fatigue played a factor at all with two games in a row.

Heritage did scrimmage MBA the same night. A loss 54-53. MBA gets a phantom call on a put back score to tie the game with 4 sec to go... that gives them an and one he hits the free throw . Heritage cant get the last second heave to go.   Heritage had the lead the entire 2nd half, a well played game by both teams. A game that came down to free throws in the 4th. Several missed by Heritage that could have sealed the win.  MBA has size and quickness. Can shoot lights out as well. Very good pre season game that had various scenarios that will help in reg season.

ksgovols: what is this about the District change....? First I have heard of this. I know the Districts Change every few years etc. Be nice to have a regional that didn't include Pearl Cohn or CPA. 

My understanding is that basketball and baseball will follow suit and align with football regions.  For Harpeth this year that was Sycamore, Cheatham, East Hickman, Fairview, Camden and Stewart County.  I'm not sure how TSSAA will handle the 4A football teams like Creekwood and Montgomery Central from the old district but it doesn't make sense to travel more in basketball and baseball than in football.  Although Stewart County and Westmoreland are a wash from Kingston Springs, Creekwood and Fairview are closer to Harpeth than Cheatham.  A football region which should encompass a bigger area than a basketball district by definition shouldn't have less travel time between members.  Right now that's the case in Harpeth's instance.

All of this realignment started under the auspices of travel 10 years or so ago when really it was about getting out of a region where board members schools couldn't get to state or advance in football playoffs.  Football has just about come full circle to where it started.  It seems to me that eventually there will be 6 classes in basketball and baseball as well where there are actually more participants.

Edited by ksgovols

Heard they played MBA close Monday night and even had a chance to win it at the end. I am sure that they had some footballers out that helped Heritage but regardless for them to be competeting says alot about what an underdog they may be. Also heard Harpeth had a good showing, can't remember who they played. What's everyone;s schedule for tonight and thoughts?

Harpeth beat Waverly by 5.

Cheatham wins at creekwood. Cubs may be better than anticipated with the loss of 2 senior starters. Creekwood had no answer for Douglas in the post or off the dribble. Big game from jr Nate Saunders as well. Thought he was difference as it gave them a another option on offense. Plunkett from creekwood can stroke it but stayed in foul trouble. Great game and atmosphere. Cubs student section really showed up and made some noise.

• Headed to check out WH - Gallatin tomorrow night.

Anyone know anything about the WH-Maplewood game? read where maplewood had to make a comeback to win that game,kinda shocked me since it was at Maplewood. .

I have heard Gallatin is down this year so i thought this might be a good game to go check out. .

Any good games tonight in the area

Since it was Monday night i made the trip to wh it had the old school atmosphere wh used to have when we played them. That was great to see, this is the simple takeaway from this game. WH was bigger and faster than ER plain and simple. they scored 70+ points in a game that east slowed it down (tried to slow it down) they had multiple min long possessions where wh just defended and a run here and run there and its 20 point game at halftime. No contest out matched. I must say i do not like the slow down attempt again by white house in the fourth, they don't have the guys for that. This team just needs to get up and down the court and play they know three things and they do them all well... Shoot the 3 attack the rim and offensive rebound. Just let them go coaches and sit back and watch the wins pile up...Also im pretty sure they played with a freshman PG the Sr went out of the game early and never came back...who knows what the score would have been...scary and fun team to watch idk when I will make it to another one, if my team doesn't get more exciting to watch soon ill be coming to a lot more WH games!

Cheatham beating creeekwood is very nice W. douglas had 43? i think i could be wrong very impressive for a kid that doesn't shoot 3s

Heritage loss to clarksville academy seems like a bad loss on paper, idk anything about that team so who knows they could be great

Heritage got ran out of the gym against LIT not shocked by that LIT is pretty good!

Cheatham still the team to beat if douglas can shoulder the load!

But WH is the team to go watch play (Golden State like) run and shoot play hard.