District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Christmas Break.  Here is the breakdown of 9 AA.

1. Westmoreland  8-5  4-0 

2. Cheatham  8-2  2-1

3. Harpeth  5-5  2-1

4. White House  6-6  2-2

5. Sycamore  3-5  1-2

6. WHHeritage  2-8  0-2

7. Greenbrier  2-10  0-3

Still surprised about Westmoreland but they did just get spanked by Hendersonville last night by 19 points. btw Heritage just beat Hendersonville AT Hendersonville. I would not write WHH off just yet. Only two losses in district with a lot of schedule left to play. I look for a district winning streak to happen after first of year. Also Had East down after first quater last night and took an 11 point loss at East in the end. But much better showing than the 30 + beating they took earlier in the year. A marked improvement. It was scary quiet in that gym after 1st. 

White House made Cheatham look good...made Douglas look awesome. I dont understand why you would back off of that type of player and dare him to shoot 3's. He dropped 40. ehhh smh. 

Greenbrier continues to impress... some streaky shooting ? Good D?  Must be doing something right with the young players there. Took Westmoreland to OT but maybe Westy is just one of those teams that might have topped out for the year. idk

Sycamore is right there...losing to Westmoreland and Harpeth by single digits and putting a whoopin on White House. Could be a dark Horse to win a few after new year as well. Maybe push for reg season Title. Who knows. They have to think they can sweep Cheatham this year in that heated rival.

Cheatham- Have to be kicking themselves for the one Loss and are still a beatable team. 

Harpeth- Some impressive things beat Sycamore at Sycamore and 3 point loss to Cheatham and win over obviously improving greenbrier. Going to be tough.

I say The Regular Season Championship is in the air and still totally up for grabs. Who is going to step up?

• 2 weeks later...

Harpeth, cheatham, sycamore, creekwood, fairview, mont central, should stay together all the time in my opinion. Maybe stewart or greenbriar. These schools enrollment will never be far apart and it would run in cycles as to who is better in sports. It's getting a little out of hand with all the district swapping. Just my thoughts

At first of the year I didn't like cubs chances. Feel better now having watched more of the district play. Douglas dropping 30 and 13 so far and will be best player on floor probably every game he plays this season. Harpeth is solid and has depth but I disagree about him being best coach in district. I thought he lost Cheatham game by subbing to much. Copeland and newton should have never left the floor in that game in my opinion. Copeland was ungaurdable that night. Sycamore has talent as does White House. Haven't seen the Motown boys yet, missed that game. Good luck and let's play some ball

White House with a decent showing in the Beech christmas tourney. Cheatham plays Hendersonville Tue night be interesting to see outcome. As hville has beat westmorland twice and Heritage beat Hville. 

Heritage won the Watertown Christmas tourney with wins over Davidson Aca. and Watertown and have won 3 of last 4 games. Has Ezell tonight at home. Harpeth on Friday. 

I'm looking forward to a crazy finish to the District should be some good games. who will rise above?

Westmoreland is still the team to beat at the moment. But played marginal during holidays.

New blue have to dis agree with you on so many points . First how is 1-2 a decent showing in a tournament that the only team they beat was just plain outright awful . Heritage could have beat them . Second Hendersonville chetham should not be close . Kerry can't coach they don't have much takent this year and especially anyone to match Douglass . Third . Chetham team to beat hands down . Westy been doing it with smoke and mirrors .

Cheatham beats Hendersonville 73 to 70. Game was 15 to 18 points until Lipscomb, Mayberry and Douglas fouled out early in the fourth. Commandos have size and rebound well. Should be dominate with size they have. They looked out of shape, and outside of #11 didn't have anyone that could dribble the ball to the basket with their left hand. Cheatham hung on with a very small line up

b52 WH gave Whites Creek all they could handle for most of the game....not a bad showing for playing against a team that was very athletic and had a 6'9 center. Several players looked good to me. just saying. Didn't say GREAT showing. good warm up for the war of 9 AA that is coming.

WHHeritage has won 4 of the last 5 games and won the Watertown Tourney over Christmas. They are young but seem to be coming around and playing inspired ball. With out the starter who quit the team during the break. I look for them to continue to improve and will be playing good ball by tournament time. Heritage will face Harpeth this friday will be a good test to see where they are. 

Cheatham did have some comp against Hendersonville...hmph imagine that. Looks like they have another week to practice...no game this friday for them? Have Sycamore next tue. Should be interesting.

who else?

Hello All, Hope everyone had a good christmas break !!

Sorry for my absence my laptop got a virus :((

All teams seemed to have interesting christmas tournaments. Heritage won some games, but lets be TRUTHFUL the competition wasn't very good.

White House did have whites creek beat for 3 quarters, but still to me the most inconsistent team I have seen play. They can beat anyone or lose to anyone. Not a team I would want to play anytime this post-season.

Sycamore and Harpeth just chugging along it seems....

Westmoreland the team I am interested in the second half of district play. I saw them play in their christmas tournament. They literally look like the same team I saw this summer and they are what they are, no better and no worse.

Cheatham will be looking to put its finishing touches on  another district title this year IMO, but thats why they play the games.

Greenbrier has some young talent thats for sure , look for them to maybe upset a middle of the pack team this second half of district schedule.

INntriguing game of the district has to be Harpeth at Heritage tonight !! Has to be a toss up with heritage playing at home.

Can anyone confirm that the District Tournament will be at WH-Heritage this year????

NewBlue what do you consider young? Juniors? Because I don't think heritage is playing freshmen and sophomores are they? 

Since I am on that topic is there any other freshman playing for any of the teams or just White House who played 3 freshman in the last two games of their christmas tourney at Beech?

Well finally got to see harpeth . What a treat . So fundamentally sound and hard nosed . New blue I will give your patriots credit . They never quit but they do miss Brandon . They just don't look like they are having fun . Harpeth coach deserves a lot of credit . These kids give him everything you could ask for and have so much enthusiasm , They aren't the most talented but they play smart and don't beat themselves . . Only team left for me to see is westmoreland . I would guess same as harpeth .

Its about to get real in district play this week....1/12/16 games

Cheatham vs Sycamore- the rival starts. Sycamore will be out to prove who is best this year. I'm sure they will give it their all and its a home game for them. Must stop Douglas bar none, make the rest of the team beat you. Could this be the start of Cheathams run?  Cheatham by double digits. may be 10 ...may be 30 if Cheatham plays like they did vs White House.

White House vs Harpeth- if Harpeth shoots it like they did vs Heritage this will not be a contest. White House need to snap out of it and play team ball, their only chance to win this one. Harpeth team defense is good and they run a frustrating offense with many moving picks that don't get called. this one is at Harpeth...a tough place to play. Harpeth by 10

WHHeritage vs Greenbrier- So this Greenbrier team has been giving some teams fits for some reason. Took Harpeth to Ot. Lost to Westmoreland by 6. But just lost to Jo Byrns ?  that's a head shaker. Idk Heritage has lost close ones as well. Its at Greenbrier. Could be the game Heritage steps up and plays some basketball like they are capable of or Greenbrier could play the roll of spoiler. I feel like Heritage will survive this one.  Heritage by 8

Westmoreland does not play on the 12th but have Harpeth. Still sitting on top of the District...Will Harpeth knock down the top dog Friday. Probably, Westy has lost 4 out of their last 6 games and seemingly are not improving. Time will tell.  I say Harpeth will win.

Still anyone's district to be had I believe.  The top 2/3 teams should start to separate themselves over these next two weeks if it is ever going to happen!!

I got cheatham over sycamore by double digits

I think White House vs. Harpeth will be a good game. Harpeth being at home is an advantage. If the Blue Devils ever going to live up to some people on here's pre-season predictions tonight would be the night to prove it. I think this is a 5 point game either team could win and set themselves up for a chance to be 1 or 2 in the district

Heritage vs. Greenbrier in a battle of the district winless teams. Greenbrier is a scary team here lately as you said NEW BLue they have played some people tough , but also lost to some weak A teams. I will take greenbrier at home in a close one, unless heritage decides to actually play to their potential .....But haven't seen that all year in any game that I have seen.

WEstmoreland has a tough stretch of games coming up in the district. They can either be for real or be right back in the middle of pack after these two weeks

All and all a pretty even district this year I believe and should make for some good games and an exciting tournament looking forward to seeing them all play !!

These are young kids who pretty much decide their fate by how they listen and follow direction from their coaches . Talent doesn't always win out . I have to say early on I am wrong about this district . The White House teams are down westmoreland and harpeth up . Chetham and greenbrier are who they are . Plenty of time for it to change . Oh I forgot sycamore they will go as far as brown can take them . A lot of good games close to home next week . This week I might have to go watch camp or beech . Only game I will pick is chetham to win . The other two could go eithier way . WH and Heritage are both head cases