District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

I knew I should have gone the white house game. I wont miss another one if I can it help 94 points against gallatin is a lot more impressive than the 99 they put up on greenbrier last year i believe. I told yall they are fun to watch, Craig said they had 70 out of three players. Maybe their coaches have been reading these and hopefully they like what they saw last night and will continue to run alot people will come watch that type game, and they have the kids to do it obvisouly 94 points on 3A team...

Also i said douglas would have to put cheatham on his back and it looks like thats what his doing as a sr. cant wait for WH CC game! 

Westmoreland making an early year statement so far...

Guru you really went to the wrong WH game this week . The point guard came back last night and didn't miss a beat well until they tried to freeze ball again . #11 can stroke it for gallatin but I think this WH team is coming along still learning how to win games . They shot lights out after getting down 10 early cut it to 4 at half then #51 started lighting it up from 3 throw in a dunk and a 360 move in the lane finishing with his left . That crowd was out of this world . I would love this team to never let up even if its a 6 point game just push the ball they can't play slow or only to shoot a lay up . When they learn how to finish games the CC will be a classic .

Funny you ask pulled up their schedule earlier to see next good game to watch . They play the 8th at heritage and the 18th against CC at WH . They should play another entertaining game this saturday at home agsinst Springfield . Should be up and down and a lot of threes can't wait

what time do they play springfield tomorrow? And westmoreland is out there surprising me, sorry i picked yall last in this district! What happend in the WH vs Portland game, had to be an injury or somehow portland slowed the game down and it was an old school rivalry game. I read white house 20 plus points in the 4th. Sneaky win, Also saw heritage won the rematch with that clarksville team thats big for them. Still shocked with their record though and ppg I thought they would be better its still early though. Cheatham still being cheatham, I will like to see what happens with that coach once his players are gone, not sure if its the coaching or the talent out there we shall see soon! 

District 9-AA from what I have seen will have a lot of mediocre records this year with most of the teams being slow down, bore you to sleep type basketball they will be trying to play.

Prob why none, but cheatham in IDK how many years have actually  won a region game...TRUTH

Douglas obviously the best player in the district, and they are the only champ ever of this 9-AA so they are the favorite.......TRUTH

The District Games for tomorrow i believe is as follows....Who ya got ?!?!

Tuesday 12/8

Cheatham @ Westmoreland - I have cheatham even though I feel westmoreland will make a game of it as they have done all year, but competing and winning are two very different things....TRUTH

White House @ White House Heritage - battle of the hometown teams. I have seen both teams play. Most rivalry games on any level doesn't really matter who has played better then who to this point, but who is better on that night ....TRUTH

In this case White House is better, and Wins.

Edited by essencOFtruth

Why Everyone being quiet now????

I guess I was 50% on my truths for Tuesday and also forgot about the harpeth sycamore game. 

But in saying that here are the Standings as of now in district 9-AA.

1) Westmoreland 1-0 (after beating cheatham at the buzzer ) Continue to show they are the real deal !!

1) Harpeth 1-0 after beating Sycamore @ sycamore Tuesday night

1) White House 1-0 after beating Heritage @ heritage Tuesday night

4) Cheatham county 0-1

4) Heritage 0-1

4) Sycamore 0-1

5) Greenbrier only team to not have played a district game yet!!

District Games this Friday, who ya got??

Westmoreland @ WH-Heritage - I feel will be another close game. Just feel heritage is due a win and playing at home an advantage.

Greenbrier @ Harpeth - I got harpeth winning this one by double digits...TRUTH

White House @ Sycamore- I got White House winning this one by ten, unless that man Matt Brown has a fantastic 25+ night.......TRUTH

I don't know why everybody so quiet... funny.

The WH vs Heritage was anything but boring...even though WH did not get the fast pace up and down game I'm sure they were hoping for. The game was a battle and was great for the fans. 1st and 3rd quarters went to WH 2nd and 4th went to Heritage and a shot to take the lead with 13 seconds to go that rimmed off. Couldn't have asked for a more exciting game. I knew the two teams were going to be pretty much equal. Referees did play a big part sadly. I feel that Heritage has NOT hit their stride just yet and will be much stronger very soon.  I've got this creepy feeling that this whole district barring Greenbrier and possibly Sycamore are surprisingly equal in talent and ability. Hopefully injuries will not effect any team. It will make for a very competitive season and race for top seed in the district tournament which unfortunately will not mean as much this year if all holds up.

Brown and Baker will be tough for Sycamore who might surprise White House but I dought it.

Give WH another win and still fast start for them...hope they have not peaked to soon.

I've not seen Westmoreland play but dang! that was a shocker to see em beat Cheatham after ALL the hub bub about how they are the cream of the crop in 9 AA. pretty funny actually. That again goes to parity in the league.  Douglas has 34 but only single digits out of the rest of the team is one of those things that make you say hmmmmm. ( with index finger placed firmly on chin). Heritage team size and quickness will prob match or be better than Westmoreland. WHH 3 4 and 5 goes 6'5, 6'5, and 6'3. Finishing at the rim will be imperative for Heritage who missed several layups at the end of the White House game that could have sealed it for them. I'm like you Truth...down to the last quarter and a close one again. Heritage by 4.

Harpeth will dominate. 10-20 point victory depending on how many bench players play in the end.

New blue your basketball IQ must be very low . WH - Heritage gane was fast paced like the Blue devils wanted they just missed lay ups shot poorly and let Heritage hang around , You say Blue Devils are peaking , would be saying they are playing good . They are playing down to their competition I feel . I will be objective . heritage is awful . They have no shooters 14 thinks he can . Guard play is very weak can't handle pressure . 6'5 , 6'5, 6'3 . Don't take advantage of that size , 22 is awful . 14 probably best but shoots outside too much . 24 great jumper but can't shoot a lick . No bench at all . Looks like kids don't like the coach eithier . Let's see 12 district games right . 2 wins against greenbrier a given might get two more wins . 4-8 in the league . That is a truth . Now tonight's game goes as follows Harpeth 74-52. Westmoreland 56-45. WH. 79-65.