District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Also noticed the other day at wh vs cheatham that white house has the best way i can explain it is "extra coaches" behind the bench which is ok but I witnessed multiple times (timeouts end of quarters) which is a T if a crew or opposing coach were to witness it cause I am guessing they arent on the bench because they arent official on school paperwork or whatever. More power to them for being able to do it though. I have seen a ref call a T for that before at the end of a game. 

you must be talking about VIP corner.  Admin,. football coaches, etc. hang out there.

I know there are some make up games that have to be gotten in before the tournament starts , even though some teams have completed and will be done with district schedule tonight.

Standings going into tonight's game

1) Cheatham 8-1  ( Still have to play heritage, westmoreland, and greenbrier)

2) Westmoreland 8-2  (play White House and cheatham)

3) White House 7-4 (Play westmoreland)

4) Harpeth 6-6 (done with district play)

5) White house- Heritage 4-6 ( Cheatham and sycamore)

6) Sycamore - 2-8 (White House-Heritage and Greenbrier)

7) Greenbrier 1-9 ( Cheatham and Sycamore )

Still some moving around that could happen for seeding for the tournament. I think the only guarantee is that Harpeth will be in the 4/5 game with the winner taking on the #1 seed.

Games tonight who ya got?

White House @ Westmoreland - Interesting seeding game. Westmoreland can still win out and win the district championship and be the 1 seed.  White House can win this game, and with a cheatham win over westmoreland would be the 2 seed.  Should be a good game I think it will be a 5 point game either way.

Cheatham @ Heritage- heritage must have played good last night to beat White House 79-78. Might be figuring it out or was it just a rivalry game playing your best type situation. I got cheatham by 12

Greenbrier @ sycamore - could have a factor on the lower seeds...... But I think sycamore will win this one at home by 5.

I didnt make it to the wh vs heritage game, so what happened 79 points from heritage is amazing. My guess is wh pressed most of the game to keep the tempo but allowed layup after layup on the other end(I have seen them do that personally, they leave their "big man" on an island back there). I would be hard pressed to think heritage shot the ball with them, they have no shooters, a few scores who can hit shots but no shooters. Thats why I say they had to be shooting layups to score that many points. Heritage PG number 10 or 1 I know it has a 1 in it havent seen them in awhile, I feel hes the best player they have and white house has no shot to guard a team with a good PG, then they have the tall athletic kid 14 maybe ...shoots all the time if he hits they are in some games but he can shoot you out of them too. and they have a good who shoots alot of threes not many go in but his confidence is high 20 or 22  I am not sure .

Good win for heritage I am sure great crowd there

But did a wh player get hurt because they lost to westmoreland the next day with like 40 points.

Is the tournament set? who plays who?

Atmosphere was awesome both teams missed DD layups . Heritage did shoot well and yes WH pressed the whole game as usual . It's not the point guard who is the best player but is #10 he had 26 heritage just wanted it more . Blue devils up .7 but let heritage have countless offensive rebounds the last 5 min . I would guess about 8 . They scored on a pick and roll with 9 seconds left and after a time out WH had a lay up blocked at the buzzer . Clean block . Tournament should be a blast I believe chetham and westmoreland play tonight winner take all

I now know why white house has lost their last few games, as someone who hasnt seen them play in awhile, one of these is true but idk which one. I am not around this team enough to know. But this is true I just dont know the reasons. They are uninspired like they are ready for the season to be over with, not all but most. Burnt out or something idk. They have no fire no passion no excitement it is a dead ball club. I am not sure if they coaches have lost the players but thats my first thought, I saw several times the little coach talking with number 1 and him just walk away unresponsive glazed face, like he wasnt even there. When the bench comes in there is supposed to be a spark the only time that happened for them was when the kid who kinda looks like number 1 little brother with bad hair came in he hustles plays hard all the time, he gets lost but thats what happens sometimes. I they have 3 sr so its a young team I get that so thats most of the inconsistency in this team, but that portland team should never be able to beat any team in their own gym. 

Also when did wh go to playing man? They cant guard anyone idk when they started that did they do that against westmoreland and heritage?

What happened to playing that what I called helter skelter defense everyone flying around everyone on the bench plays wear the other team down with the whole team for a half then play the normal rotation in the second half and win the game I seen them do that a couple times this year. 

Good luck to everyone in this district I will be curious bystander probably wont make it to many games I will be at another tourney!

I saw the tournament bracket in the paper look like it is as follows!!

Should be a great tournament, which is what this sport of Basketball is all about really.

All games are at White House-heritage High School. does this benefit both Heritage and White house, I would anticipate both will have the best fan support.

Wednesday 2/17 (7:30)

#2 Westmoreland vs. #7 Greenbrier

Thursday 2/18 (7:30)

#3 White House vs. #6 Sycamore

Friday 2/19  (7:30)

#4 Harpeth vs. #5 White House Heritage

Saturday 2/20

#1 Cheatham vs.  Harpeth/White House Heritage (5:30)

Westmoreland/Greenbrier  vs.  White House/Sycamore (8:30)

Monday 2/22

Consolation Game (7:30)

Tuesday 2/23 (7:30)

Championship game

"All games are at White House-heritage High School. does this benefit both Heritage and White house, I would anticipate both will have the best fan support."

With Heritage being so central to most of the schools in dist 9... should be a good turnout for all teams.

4 games on Saturday 2/20 will be the best day to go. Starting at 4:00 and last game @ 8:30.

Barring Cheatham.... (btw congrats for Reg season championship.) there seems still to be much parity in the teams this yr.  This Tournament is going to be intense. 

Can any team go on a 3 game streak and pull this off ?

With the first two nights in the books

Westmoreland and White House both with victories will face each other Saturday at 8:30 in the Semis.

Who ya got in this game? The two teams split regular season both winning their home games. Should be a great game on a neutral court. 6 seniors for westmoreland against white house's 8-11 players they been playing. I think this game depends on the pace of the game. If the Devils get westmoreland running and the score up in the 60's 70's I would say advantage White House. If the game is in the 50's the advantage has to go to the eagles!!

Last quarterfinal game is tonight

Harpeth vs. Heritage- These teams also split in the regular season. I feel harpeth will play their usual game, can heritage stop #11 from hitting 4-6 threes?? I was at the Wh vs. Wh-heritage game at White House. If Heritage plays how they did that game, I would think harpeth would be in trouble.

I think this game will be the best quarterfinal game and be within 5 points either way.

Been a long time since cheatham has played....could either harpeth or heritage winner pull the upset next round???

I now know why white house has lost their last few games, as someone who hasnt seen them play in awhile, one of these is true but idk which one. I am not around this team enough to know. But this is true I just dont know the reasons. They are uninspired like they are ready for the season to be over with, not all but most. Burnt out or something idk. They have no fire no passion no excitement it is a dead ball club. I am not sure if they coaches have lost the players but thats my first thought, I saw several times the little coach talking with number 1 and him just walk away unresponsive glazed face, like he wasnt even there. When the bench comes in there is supposed to be a spark the only time that happened for them was when the kid who kinda looks like number 1 little brother with bad hair came in he hustles plays hard all the time, he gets lost but thats what happens sometimes. I they have 3 sr so its a young team I get that so thats most of the inconsistency in this team, but that portland team should never be able to beat any team in their own gym.

Also when did wh go to playing man? They cant guard anyone idk when they started that did they do that against westmoreland and heritage?

What happened to playing that what I called helter skelter defense everyone flying around everyone on the bench plays wear the other team down with the whole team for a half then play the normal rotation in the second half and win the game I seen them do that a couple times this year.

Good luck to everyone in this district I will be curious bystander probably wont make it to many games I will be at another tourney!

Good call (hope you sense my sarcasm) looks like those White House boys were getting ready for the tournament as they now seem to be playing their best ball and seemed very "inspired " in the tournament advancing to the championship Tuesday night playing 3 freshman in their rotation

What's everyone's predictions of the consolation and championship game ??

The Blue Devils seem to be playing their best ball at the right time of the year.  Very impressive tournament wins so far.  This is an exciting match up with Cheatham Co. in the finals, but I think that even if they can get the Cubs into playing their up tempo game it still gonna come down to experience.  The Cubs are very experienced and the Blue Devils play 3 freshmen.  Significant minutes at that.  Douglas will be too much and lead the Cubs to another title.