Harp's Last Game At Lebanon

Rade Butcher

It should be Friday night. They will end 3-7 in his 3rd year. The program isn't any better. Kids need a good young coach. Not saying Harp wasn't a legend in KY and rightly deserves respect but this isn't KY football...it is TN football. We have him on the payroll and Medley on the payroll (doing who knows what)...time to clean house and start fresh...our kids deserve it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be Friday night. They will end 3-7 in his 3rd year. The program isn't any better. Kids need a good young coach. Not saying Harp wasn't a legend in KY and rightly deserves respect but this isn't KY football...it is TN football. We have him on the payroll and Medley on the payroll (doing who knows what)...time to clean house and start fresh...our kids deserve it.

This is exactly what you people said when you complained enough to have Crane resign.  It's exactly what you said to have several other coaches resign as well.  It isn't "coaching".  It goes far beyond "x's & o's".  It goes far beyond having "brand new state of the art facilities".  Lebanon is just not very good and will never be very good playing at the 6A level with 2A/3A type athletes.  

This is exactly what you people said when you complained enough to have Crane resign.  It's exactly what you said to have several other coaches resign as well.  It isn't "coaching".  It goes far beyond "x's & o's".  It goes far beyond having "brand new state of the art facilities".  Lebanon is just not very good and will never be very good playing at the 6A level with 2A/3A type athletes.  

He is 62 years old and can't relate to young kids anymore. They are losing kids in the program. What on earth is Medley's "job" anyhow? I never said Harp doesn't deserve respect...he has certainly earned it as a coach...he just doesn't need to be coaching at Lebanon. I disagree with your statement that Lebanon will never be any good...that is a defeatist attitude and is totally wrong but you know that may be a big part of the problem.

Jesus couldn't win consistently at Lebanon.  Take it from someone who knows.  They don't have the same type of players as does Mt. Juliet or Wilson Central.  The higher SES families will send their children to those schools or Friendship Christian long before they are allowed to step a foot in the hallway at LHS.  The 2012 season ending win over a Hendersonville team that went to the state title game the following year is as good as it will ever get at LHS.  You can't compete with, let along defeat, the upper level competition that is demanded to play against in the new 6A.  In the spirit of Halloween they could dig up Vince Lombardi & George Halas and bury them in the 'Pet Semetary' and it still wouldn't change a thing.  It's a genetics battle and the kids don't stack up to the competition.  George Quarles and Gary Rankin could join forces and they still wouldn't win at Lebanon.  I'd even throw in Carlton Flatt and Ricky Bowers with them.  The four of them together wouldn't win more than 5 games in a season at LHS.  

Jesus couldn't win consistently at Lebanon.  Take it from someone who knows.  They don't have the same type of players as does Mt. Juliet or Wilson Central.  The higher SES families will send their children to those schools or Friendship Christian long before they are allowed to step a foot in the hallway at LHS.  The 2012 season ending win over a Hendersonville team that went to the state title game the following year is as good as it will ever get at LHS.  You can't compete with, let along defeat, the upper level competition that is demanded to play against in the new 6A.  In the spirit of Halloween they could dig up Vince Lombardi & George Halas and bury them in the 'Pet Semetary' and it still wouldn't change a thing.  It's a genetics battle and the kids don't stack up to the competition.  George Quarles and Gary Rankin could join forces and they still wouldn't win at Lebanon.  I'd even throw in Carlton Flatt and Ricky Bowers with them.  The four of them together wouldn't win more than 5 games in a season at LHS.  

Well said and VERY TRUE!  Coach Harp seems to be a good man and if he is teaching those kids life lessons along the way then he is doing his job to the best of his ability it is much more than wins and losses. 

Jesus couldn't win consistently at Lebanon. Take it from someone who knows. They don't have the same type of players as does Mt. Juliet or Wilson Central. The higher SES families will send their children to those schools or Friendship Christian long before they are allowed to step a foot in the hallway at LHS. The 2012 season ending win over a Hendersonville team that went to the state title game the following year is as good as it will ever get at LHS. You can't compete with, let along defeat, the upper level competition that is demanded to play against in the new 6A. In the spirit of Halloween they could dig up Vince Lombardi & George Halas and bury them in the 'Pet Semetary' and it still wouldn't change a thing. It's a genetics battle and the kids don't stack up to the competition. George Quarles and Gary Rankin could join forces and they still wouldn't win at Lebanon. I'd even throw in Carlton Flatt and Ricky Bowers with them. The four of them together wouldn't win more than 5 games in a season at LHS.

And now I think we have went too far…

Any of the aforementioned coaches would have kids transferring to play at Lebanon, as well as the kids that are in the hallway.

Jesus couldn't win consistently at Lebanon. Take it from someone who knows. They don't have the same type of players as does Mt. Juliet or Wilson Central. The higher SES families will send their children to those schools or Friendship Christian long before they are allowed to step a foot in the hallway at LHS. The 2012 season ending win over a Hendersonville team that went to the state title game the following year is as good as it will ever get at LHS. You can't compete with, let along defeat, the upper level competition that is demanded to play against in the new 6A. In the spirit of Halloween they could dig up Vince Lombardi & George Halas and bury them in the 'Pet Semetary' and it still wouldn't change a thing. It's a genetics battle and the kids don't stack up to the competition. George Quarles and Gary Rankin could join forces and they still wouldn't win at Lebanon. I'd even throw in Carlton Flatt and Ricky Bowers with them. The four of them together wouldn't win more than 5 games in a season at LHS.

I disagree with this. Other coaches of lesser caliber have won at Lebanon. Ask Oakland who seemed to always lose to Lebanon back when they used to play each other. You can win there.

I disagree with this. Other coaches of lesser caliber have won at Lebanon. Ask Oakland who seemed to always lose to Lebanon back when they used to play each other. You can win there.

If Oakland ever plays Lebanon again, it will be too soon. Playing them when Brown was there used to give me hives. Man never saw a 4th down he didn't like

If Oakland ever plays Lebanon again, it will be too soon. Playing them when Brown was there used to give me hives. Man never saw a 4th down he didn't like

Lebanon should have never let him go. They were competitive every year and averaged 5 wins a year. He even designed the current athletic facilities and they even screwed that up also. 

I will guarantee that Friday night will not be his last game at Lebanon.  In fact, I would put money on it.

Oh I will guarantee it as well. The guy is collecting KY retirement and draining Wilson Co Schools dry while not giving the school and program it's money's worth. He will hang on as long as the 400 or so home fans allow him to. That is why I am personally against this double dipping thing...you don't get a coach's best effort and it denies a deserving/hungry young coach their chance.

That is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this site...you must be an assistant coach worried about his job. Not only is this an asinine post but it demeans the kids who play in this program...totally uncalled for and if Harp feels this way he needs to get away from here...quickly.