5A - can anyone stop Indy ?

I believe it'll come down to stopping indy on offense. Has anyone done it? No. Can it be done? Yes. We'll have to play a perfect game. I think our offense will move the ball like they always do but that indy D is stingy. We looked good as ever last night and wasnt too impressed with shelbyville. Got frustrated easy and often and tried to fight players. Some on our side too. Nothing wrong with being aggressive tho.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it'll come down to stopping indy on offense. Has anyone done it? No. Can it be done? Yes. We'll have to play a perfect game. I think our offense will move the ball like they always do but that indy D is stingy. We looked good as ever last night and wasnt too impressed with shelbyville. Got frustrated easy and often and tried to fight players. Some on our side too. Nothing wrong with being aggressive tho.

I believe the Hillsboro Defense could slow Indy down.. The question is how much? But they have to beat Beech for a second time which will be hard to do.

Independence has got to limit those 10+ play drives that HVille puts together.. HVille has to limit Indy's big offensive plays.. It will be closer than you think ND.. HVille is legit..

I believe the Hillsboro Defense could slow Indy down.. The question is how much? But they have to beat Beech for a second time which will be hard to do.

Independence has got to limit those 10+ play drives that HVille puts together.. HVille has to limit Indy's big offensive plays.. It will be closer than you think ND.. HVille is legit..

You apparently didn't devo the Hillsboro/LaVergne game last night! The wolverines were tied 7-7 with 5:38 on the clock in the 3rd. It should've been 14-7 the wolverines had the ball 1st down on the one yard line and couldn't put it in something our great coaches haven't solved all season! If u catch my meaning! What I'm saying is we threw the ball pretty good last night and we are not even close to Indy's caliber of passing game! Last night the Burros were the better team and our kids did their best with what they had! Good luck the rest of the way!

You apparently didn't devo the Hillsboro/LaVergne game last night! The wolverines were tied 7-7 with 5:38 on the clock in the 3rd. It should've been 14-7 the wolverines had the ball 1st down on the one yard line and couldn't put it in something our great coaches haven't solved all season! If u catch my meaning! What I'm saying is we threw the ball pretty good last night and we are not even close to Indy's caliber of passing game! Last night the Burros were the better team and our kids did their best with what they had! Good luck the rest of the way!

If you call throwing the ball up for grabs a good passing game then I suppose you are right. Looked to me like Hillsboro was not going to let #15 beat them.. LaVergne is extremely talented.. They have to find more lineman though, Hillsboro's DL manhandled the LaVergne OL

If you call throwing the ball up for grabs a good passing game then I suppose you are right. Looked to me like Hillsboro was not going to let #15 beat them.. LaVergne is extremely talented.. They have to find more lineman though, Hillsboro's DL manhandled the LaVergne OL

I wouldn't call it throwing it up but that's my point Hillsboro's pass coverage is terrible! Anyone who can throw the ball will destroy them! You are right on about the wolverines tho! As I pointed out if we had some good leadership this team would have been dangerous and anyone who saw us play knows just how true this statement is...

I wouldn't call it throwing it up but that's my point Hillsboro's pass coverage is terrible! Anyone who can throw the ball will destroy them! You are right on about the wolverines tho! As I pointed out if we had some good leadership this team would have been dangerous and anyone who saw us play knows just how true this statement is...

Gotta pick your poison.. Pearl Cohn is a legit passing team and struggled throwing the ball vs HB.. LaVergne did have mismatched on the Hillsboro Corners that they tried to exploit on numerous deep balls. #4 for LaVergne is a stud WR

Edited by HighLife

I was more impressed with him as a WR.. What were your thoughts on Hillsboro? What you expected from them or did anything surprise you?

IMO they were a mirror reflection of LaVergne! Lots of talent and speed but their coaches were just a bit better! That's why they are beatable. Their DB's aren't very good! Everyone who could throw the ball at all have gave them fits! They're very susceptible to the screen b/c they're Dline is very aggressive. Play action pass is their Achilles heel! Stop their run and make them throw the ball. If you do this and your defense is good I like your chances!

By the way I agree with u I think he's a better reciever it's just he needs someone to take him under his wing and teach him the positions ins and outs!

Edited by oldfan41

H-ville vs. Indy no one thinks the Commandos have a chance,but that's why they play the games. Last week's victory over a team running the spread offense helped to prepare for a great Indy team. Hendersonville has great support and the war team must show up with there best. GO COMMANDOS. Yes we took note the last time Hendersonville traveled to Thompson Station it was a nice ride home.

H-ville vs. Indy no one thinks the Commandos have a chance,but that's why they play the games. Last week's victory over a team running the spread offense helped to prepare for a great Indy team. Hendersonville has great support and the war team must show up with there best. GO COMMANDOS. Yes we took note the last time Hendersonville traveled to Thompson Station it was a nice ride home.

HVille has a chance,,,, but stating that the game they played last week against a team that runs the spread help them prepare for Indy is somewhat questionable,,,,, that team they faced had nowhere near the talent that Indy has,,,,,If I was the HVille coach believe it or not I'd watch the 1st half of the Summit game to see how to at a minimum slow Indy down,,, granted they didn't have bunch but that Swayze kid did a fine job,,,,,either way should be a good game but Indy prevails by 10