5A - can anyone stop Indy ?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a great reply if they weren't all ranked in the top 10. Of course excluding a 2 loss rhea co team that lost to one of the best programs in the nation. Oh and BTW the West team you speak of in the lowest ranked of all the teams I named at 9 . So congrats on being "well informed"

YA , Rankings mean Everything !!  :mrgreen:

That would be a great reply if they weren't all ranked in the top 10. Of course excluding a 2 loss rhea co team that lost to one of the best programs in the nation. Oh and BTW the West team you speak of in the lowest ranked of all the teams I named at 9 . So congrats on being "well informed"

When has one of your "powers" won in Cookeville. I think you have one win since it went to 6 classes.

I am not referencing the teams that are a given, that's too easy. But I find it hard for you to argue how the west side of the bracket is sooo tough. I mean really what a joke. Do you guys have to play oak ridge , rhea county, Morristown west, Sevier co, Knox west, Farragut to even have a chance to get to cookeville? All teams that could laugh their way through the west side. All of these teams are ACTUAL contenders. Therefore, I think this thread is a joke. Now, do I think independence is a good team, yeah sure they are in fact the only undefeated in 5a but they also have not been tested and proven. The only thing they have proven is that they can beat sub par football teams.

R8 vs. R7

Centennial vs. Southwind

Memphis Central vs. Brentwood

Brighton vs. Clarksville NE

Henry County vs. Munford

Combined W/L - 59-21

R6 vs. R5

Indy vs. Cane Ridge

Hendersonville vs. Shelbyville

Beech vs. Lincoln County

Lavergne vs. Hillsboro

Combined W/L - 61-19

R4 vs. R3 combined W/L is 54-26.

R2 vs. R1 combined W/L is 46-34.

Good luck to Knox West, MoWest, and Ooltewah as they prepare to do battle with sub-.500 teams this week. 

Yeah after maryville decide to quit whipping up on 5a teams. Good point, but we are also just 1/3 of the state and check it and watch how many gold balls come back to our "laughable" part of th state

So are we talking about Maryville or all the other powers. There's nothing negative to say about Maryville, but that wasn't your argument. After 6 classes, how many of those great teams in 5A have won? That's right...ONE.

there's not one 5A team in the east that would make it through the the west.

R8 vs. R7

Centennial vs. Southwind

Memphis Central vs. Brentwood

Brighton vs. Clarksville NE

Henry County vs. Munford

Combined W/L - 59-21

R6 vs. R5

Indy vs. Cane Ridge

Hendersonville vs. Shelbyville

Beech vs. Lincoln County

Lavergne vs. Hillsboro

Combined W/L - 61-19

R4 vs. R3 combined W/L is 54-26.

R2 vs. R1 combined W/L is 46-34.

Good luck to Knox West, MoWest, and Ooltewah as they prepare to do battle with sub-.500 teams this week.

That about sums it up

Who cares about 1A and 2A teams??? They play in parking lost of the school and have 300 kids in the school, a lot of times they are K-12. Those are the same schools that have 8th graders that are playing variety. If your school has an 8th grader that plays varsity, your school is a joke.

3A, it's Alcoa and everyone else. CPA and Liberty will battle for the chance to lose to Alcoa in Cookeville.

4A is Fulton way above everyone. I promise you Knox Central could play with any of those Memphis teams, and I think a healthy Knox Cathloic teams would do well against them too.

5A, this is where East TN is best. Oak Ridge , Rhea County, Morristown West, Sevier co, Knox west, Farragut, any of these teams could easily make it to Cookeville and would be much better tested than Indy, if Indy even makes it. All the good teams in Middle TN are 6A You say be happy that those teams are on the other side of the bracket. I would love those temas to come play the top 5 from East TN 5A, I promise you that the East wins 4 or 5 of those games. To the Chattanooga homers, give me a break, you beat up on each other and think you're good, then loose in the first round of the playoffs, exception being Rhea last year, but surprise, surprise, a Knoxville team won.

6A, one word, MARYVILLE.

Very true about the 1A and 2A teams. Patrick Willis (Bruceton) was fun to watch carry the ball around the parking lot, though.  I once saw Chad Clifton physically move a car out of its parking spot in the Westview parking lot so they had a regulation size playing area.  

Trezevant's down to 2A, but they gave Fulton all they wanted last year.  At least Fulton won't have to see them again this year.  Memphis East happened to beat that same team soundly this year. Memphis East is in 4A. 

You're so far off on 5A it's laughable. 

Edited by RedSwarm