5A - can anyone stop Indy ?

For Independence to get to Cookeville, I believe they have to beat three region 6 teams. They would be favored in each game, but it will be a tough road.

Agreed whomever gets their in this bracket will have no " gimme " game ....

But still think Indy is poised for it due to its defense and without saying the offense

Watched Bunch on Hudl and can tell you the kid is a gunslinger with weapons all around him

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1677123/highlights/286736378/v2

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp '66 lookin' att tha rankins inn each klass, looks like Sunny Moore dissagrees wif ewe....... :popcorneater:

http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm

By my quick and probably inaccurate count, there's 29 5A teams in the top 100 and 22 6A.  The percentage of teams is higher for 6A, but most with that many kids should be good enough to be competitive enough to be around the top 100. 5A has a lot more outliers. 

Put it this way:

Maryville                    Oak Ridge

Oakland                     Independence

Blackman                   Rhea County

Whitehaven                Sevier County

Ravenwood                Centennial

Science Hill                 Henry County

Smyrna                       Moristown West

Franklin                       Farragut

White Station              Ooltewah

Cookeville                   Hendersonville

That is the top 10 for each respective class according to Sonny Moore.  The only team not listed in 6A that I believe is a worthy team is Cordova.  His 5A top 10 doesn't include Knox West, Hillsboro, Cane Ridge, and Beech, who are all great teams in their division. 

If all of these teams played some crazy hypothetical season with their 2015 squads, I think the results would be surprising. Maryville would still be top dog, but I think a few 5A teams would be towards the top of pile.  If you threw in Sonny's next 5 best, I think 5A would have a better winning percentage than 6A. Just something to think about.

Edit: Just wanted to mention something else about the hypothetical 6A/5A season. Personally, I would switch a couple of the East TN 5A teams for some combo of Hillsboro, Cane Ridge, and Beech.  Cane Ridge is a very good team.  Obviously Indy should beat them, but I wouldn't be surprised to see CR give them problems. 

Edited by RedSwarm

SS.....Mairvul iz a skirredy cat if'un thay play upp in 6A......orr a skirredy cat if'un thay wood haiv stayed inn 5A...... :huh:[/quote

No you did right staying 6a and you are team to beat but ;

IMO the road to the Gold Ball is tougher in 5a with some darn good teams looking to hang up the pads in week 1 and week 2 of playoffs

It's valid point 5a is stronger then 6a this year

Indy unlike MHS does not hide - state champion runner up few year back they played Brentwood Acadamy & MBA ... Last few years - played Oakland home and home - Blackman home and home - year MHS beat Seigal at state Indy played Seigal ( all non district games )

Played home and home versus Beech during Jalen Hurd years another non district team....

Recall asked coach Gilligan " smitty " why MBA and BA his reply we want to play the best .........

havent played oakland or mba since 2010

havent played BA since 2008

played BA and MBA back to back in 2007

has indy been hiding from them since 2010??? its not like those schools have fallen off

pretty sure BA is hard up fo some games since they have to bring in Liberty Tech and JCM

its amazing what a lil success will do to a fanbase...

indy is the class of 5a...there is no doubt...and theyre better than most 6a teams...but ive often thought that Fulton was better than the 5a champion...so clearly that means that 4a is better than 5a right???  and if 5a is better than 6a...and 4a is better than 5a...then 4a is leaps and bounds above 6a...

or u could just play the games on ur schedule and win as many as possible and be happy about that

ps oakland and BA will both be looking for games next season...also liberty tech is as well...although i think u would destroy liberty...then we could turn around and talk about how we arent afraid of anyone

havent played oakland or mba since 2010

havent played BA since 2008

played BA and MBA back to back in 2007

has indy been hiding from them since 2010??? its not like those schools have fallen off

pretty sure BA is hard up fo some games since they have to bring in Liberty Tech and JCM

its amazing what a lil success will do to a fanbase...

indy is the class of 5a...there is no doubt...and theyre better than most 6a teams...but ive often thought that Fulton was better than the 5a champion...so clearly that means that 4a is better than 5a right??? and if 5a is better than 6a...and 4a is better than 5a...then 4a is leaps and bounds above 6a...

or u could just play the games on ur schedule and win as many as possible and be happy about that

ps oakland and BA will both be looking for games next season...also liberty tech is as well...although i think u would destroy liberty...then we could turn around and talk about how we arent afraid of anyone

This years Independence team may beat all three of those teams. They wouldn't year in and year out, but I believe this years team is special.