5A - can anyone stop Indy ?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any team in the East. You people have no clue what good football is until you have to run into a team from the east. 

1A is all West TN with the exception of Wayne and NCS. There's a team from Union City that seems to fair well in Cookeville.

2A was all West TN last year. Would love to know who from East TN can beat Trezevant in Cookeville this year.

3A is more balanced in West TN, though Alcoa is always going to be king. CPA and Liberty are no joke.  CAK is traditionally always good as well, although I've never been a fan of privates playing on the multiplier. 

4A is Fulton. Pretty simple. Name me 3 more 4A East TN schools better than Memphis East, Ridgeway, and Pearl Cohn.

5A is spread out across the state. Independence, Centennial, Hendersonville, Henry County, Beech, Hillsboro... Just be happy they're all on the other side of the bracket.

6A is Maryville, and then everyone else. Who else in 6A over there would you confidently pick over Oakland, Blackman, Whitehaven, or Ravenwood?

I'm sure I'm leaving some great teams out, but my point is that your argument is played out. There's great football played in this entire state. 

I would argue there are a few good teams in East TN, but not as a whole. I don't want to hear Maryville, Fulton, Alcoa. They're great, but I don't play tough games every week. It's not their fault, they play the best available. That's the problem, the rest is...well the rest. There is no one one the East side of the bracket in 5A that could make it through the west. Wouldn't happen.

...and I think Independence has the toughest road to Cookeville of any 1 seed.

Edited by eers

I am not referencing the teams that are a given, that's too easy. But I find it hard for you to argue how the west side of the bracket is sooo tough. I mean really what a joke. Do you guys have to play oak ridge , rhea county, Morristown west, Sevier co, Knox west, Farragut to even have a chance to get to cookeville? All teams that could laugh their way through the west side. All of these teams are ACTUAL contenders. Therefore, I think this thread is a joke. Now, do I think independence is a good team, yeah sure they are in fact the only undefeated in 5a but they also have not been tested and proven. The only thing they have proven is that they can beat sub par football teams.

I am not referencing the teams that are a given, that's too easy. But I find it hard for you to argue how the west side of the bracket is sooo tough. I mean really what a joke. Do you guys have to play oak ridge , rhea county, Morristown west, Sevier co, Knox west, Farragut to even have a chance to get to cookeville? All teams that could laugh their way through the west side. All of these teams are ACTUAL contenders. Therefore, I think this thread is a joke. Now, do I think independence is a good team, yeah sure they are in fact the only undefeated in 5a but they also have not been tested and proven. The only thing they have proven is that they can beat sub par football teams.

I see one on that list... West.

5A football in the east is laughable.

Independence is probably the best all round team in 5a! I think last Friday they played their best game of the season so far! They completely dismantled a very athletic LaVergne team! Indy's Coaching staff is very good they have a very good offense, defense, and special teams with special skill players all through the lineup! Here's my prediction the Eagles beat all the region 6 teams by at least 14 points probably twice that! It's their season! Good luck Eagles show em all!

Who cares about 1A and 2A teams??? They play in parking lost of the school and have 300 kids in the school, a lot of times they are K-12. Those are the same schools that have 8th graders that are playing variety. If your school has an 8th grader that plays varsity, your school is a joke.

3A, it's Alcoa and everyone else. CPA and Liberty will battle for the chance to lose to Alcoa in Cookeville.

4A is Fulton way above everyone. I promise you Knox Central could play with any of those Memphis teams, and I think a healthy Knox Cathloic teams would do well against them too.

5A, this is where East TN is best. Oak Ridge , Rhea County, Morristown West, Sevier co, Knox west, Farragut, any of these teams could easily make it to Cookeville and would be much better tested than Indy, if Indy even makes it. All the good teams in Middle TN are 6A You say be happy that those teams are on the other side of the bracket. I would love those temas to come play the top 5 from East TN 5A, I promise you that the East wins 4 or 5 of those games. To the Chattanooga homers, give me a break, you beat up on each other and think you're good, then loose in the first round of the playoffs, exception being Rhea last year, but surprise, surprise, a Knoxville team won.

6A, one word, MARYVILLE.