5A - can anyone stop Indy ?

Hillsboro isn't Indy but is the only team comparable with Indy that HVille has played and they put 49 on HVille... Hopefully HVille learned something from that game because Indy's offense will be the best HVille has seen..

One thing I did notice is that HHS can be exploited in the passing game big time - Indy has faced some great secondaries this year in Smyrna - Cane Ridge and Creek

Cane Ridge had the best db's Indy faced all year and the coach of CR sold out to stop the pass -

Which is fine with Indy as Bunch and Wright destroyed them on the ground and Bunch still walked away with 254 yds passing (rested after 3rd quarter )

Commando you asked what is different this year - I will tell you it's one more year under Blades system and the defense is fast and not pushed around like in years past ....

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's makes This years Indy team so much better than last years team? I guess they are just clicking much better. I know you returned a whole lot of kids but so did Hendersonville...maybe more than Indy. The Hendersonville team that had their way with you last year. I think this game will be much better than those outside of Hendersonville think it will be

Defense, Offensive line, and Special teams.  All are much improved from last year's squad. The QB and receivers are all the same kids from last year.  Prior to the season, I looked at Centennial, Hendersonville and Hillsboro as the teams that we needed to beat to get to Cookville and it looks like we will have to beat all three to get there.  Of those three teams, Hendersonville poses the biggest challenge for us since their offense has the capability to chew up the clock and keep our offense off the field.  We have faced similar offenses twice this year in Stewarts Creek and Summit but neither of those teams execute as well as Hendersonville.  It will be an interesting game to say the least and I expect the stands to be full on both sides. One factor to the game will be the field condition.  Our field is in good shape but it was extremely wet last week.  Forecast is to be dry this week and for the game.  The key to the game will be how well Indy's defense can stop Hendersonville's running attack early.  If the Commandos can keep the ball for six minutes and score then I think we are looking at a close, very exciting game. I'll be interested to see what Hville does on defense.  We've seen everything this year from double coverage on Nate Johnson from Centennial to a an all out blitz with hard press coverage from a very athletic Cane Ridge team. I don't think your secondary matches up well against our receivers and that will be your challenge. Last year you were able to get good pressure on our QB.  Much respect from Indy to the Commandos.  #1 vs #2 in the state.  Look forward to a great game.

One thing I did notice is that HHS can be exploited in the passing game big time - Indy has faced some great secondaries this year in Smyrna - Cane Ridge and Creek

Cane Ridge had the best db's Indy faced all year and the coach of CR sold out to stop the pass -

Which is fine with Indy as Bunch and Wright destroyed them on the ground and Bunch still walked away with 254 yds passing (rested after 3rd quarter )

Commando you asked what is different this year - I will tell you it's one more year under Blades system and the defense is fast and not pushed around like in years past ....

Yes..I agree that the same skills players having one more year in the Blades system prob makes a huge difference. Our DBs have not been the best but they have progressively gotten better each week. Have improved a whole lot since Hillsboro. Again..I will be very surprised if the Game has been decided in the first three quarters

Defense, Offensive line, and Special teams.  All are much improved from last year's squad. The QB and receivers are all the same kids from last year.  Prior to the season, I looked at Centennial, Hendersonville and Hillsboro as the teams that we needed to beat to get to Cookville and it looks like we will have to beat all three to get there.  Of those three teams, Hendersonville poses the biggest challenge for us since their offense has the capability to chew up the clock and keep our offense off the field.  We have faced similar offenses twice this year in Stewarts Creek and Summit but neither of those teams execute as well as Hendersonville.  It will be an interesting game to say the least and I expect the stands to be full on both sides. One factor to the game will be the field condition.  Our field is in good shape but it was extremely wet last week.  Forecast is to be dry this week and for the game.  The key to the game will be how well Indy's defense can stop Hendersonville's running attack early.  If the Commandos can keep the ball for six minutes and score then I think we are looking at a close, very exciting game. I'll be interested to see what Hville does on defense.  We've seen everything this year from double coverage on Nate Johnson from Centennial to a an all out blitz with hard press coverage from a very athletic Cane Ridge team. I don't think your secondary matches up well against our receivers and that will be your challenge. Last year you were able to get good pressure on our QB.  Much respect from Indy to the Commandos.  #1 vs #2 in the state.  Look forward to a great game.

Best post I have seen yet from the Indy perspective. I'd say your thoughts are spot on!! Good luck and here's hoping we see a great game Friday!!