William Blount @ Oakland-Round 1

Governm

Not sure on exact numbers. But I do know the QB and our best receiver are returning. We also got a sophomore Runningback that looks like he can be a special player for us the next two years. We are going to lose a lot of guys on the lines but IMO it shouldn't be hard to replace a lot of those guys. The Govs had about 48 dress for varsity games and alot of those guys got playing time and only 10 or so were seniors. The freshman team had about 35 when I saw them earlier this year so we'll have a bigger team dressed out on Fridays next year for sure. And my guess is Shad will go after some of the athletes from other sports this offseason and try to get them to go out for football, I'm told there are some young basketball players that could really help us on the football field. And we have two players from Alcoa as far as I know that should be eligible to play and those guys will definitely be a big help. I've also heard rumblings about a good Maryville player transferring to WB. So its going to be really interesting to see how the team will shape out next year

Good deal. It was normal to have 100+ in Shad's years at Blacknan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the offense leans more towards the pass next year because Isaiah Hannah is by far the best athlete on the team imo. It would be nice if he could only play offense next year so he can be fresh in the 2nd half and we could get the ball in his hands as much as possible. Hopefully we can pass block better next year too because we just couldn't seem to do that this year.

All kidding aside. He has managed to raise the level of play at all of the schools that he has been at. He is smart in the fact that he surrounds himself with good coaches. He is not a bad coach himself. he may not bring state championships to WB but I would be surprised if they didn't become a top three team in their region.

Edited by milo118

I wonder if WB will continue the trend and hang with Oakland for the first half and then get blown out in the 2nd half or will this game be over in the 1st Qtr. I personally think it would be a moral victory if we can be in this one at halftime.

If you got a halfway decent run defense you might be able to. Oakland didn't pass the ball once in the 2nd half against Smyrna

All kidding aside. He has managed to raise the level of play at all of the schools that he has been at. He is smart in the fact that he surrounds himself with good coaches. He is not a bad coach himself. he may not bring state championships to WB but I would be surprised if they didn't become a top three team in their region.

I can see clearly that he is a good coach. The Govs usually get off to a good start offensively in games because he does a good job of scouting other teams and figuring out how we can be successful on offense. I also thought the team was taking care of the ball better on offense and tackling better on defense earlier in the year but like most teams that have had a rough year this team has kind of checked out. I have seen some good things this year but the team still isn't mentally tough and that shouldn't be a surprise given how many losing seasons we have had. Whenever this team encounters any kind of adversity in games you can see it visibly taking the wind out of their sails. Hopefully Shad can instill some more mental toughness in this team between now and next year so they can bounce back from bad plays,bad possesions, and bad games and get back to doing what it takes to win football games.

If you got a halfway decent run defense you might be able to. Oakland didn't pass the ball once in the 2nd half against Smyrna

The run defense is decent but the pass defense could be a lot better. But I don't know how much that matters because I'm sure Oakland will probably have the best backs we have seen all year and I say that not knowing anything about Oakland.

The run defense is decent but the pass defense could be a lot better. But I don't know how much that matters because I'm sure Oakland will probably have the best backs we have seen all year and I say that not knowing anything about Oakland.

Lazarius Patterson (#4) is their bellcow. Has averaged 20+ carries the last 4 weeks. When Oakland goes to the air, more often than not its to Jacoby Stevens (#7). In my biased opinion, he's the best player in the state when he has his mind right