Munford @ Henry County- Round 1

MSURacer

My son plays for Covington and I can almost guarantee that Munford won't pass much unless they fall way behind. They pretty much lost the Brighton game when they tried to pass deep in Brightons territory and the ball was intercepted and almost ran back for a TD. They were up by ten at the time really couldn't believe they tried to pass it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son plays for Covington and I can almost guarantee that Munford won't pass much unless they fall way behind. They pretty much lost the Brighton game when they tried to pass deep in Brightons territory and the ball was intercepted and almost ran back for a TD. They were up by ten at the time really couldn't believe they tried to pass it.

If that is the case this week, it will be tough for Munford to move the ball.  Henry County's run defense will be ready this week.

Go Big RED!!!

They played decent in the first round against us last year. Final score was something like 24-7. Not like we embarrassed them. 

Do they have much back from last year? Seems like they had a pretty good defense. Can't remember if it was them or Millington who had an absolute stud LB who flew all over the field. 

MSURacer I believe Munford does have a lot back this year. I've seen them a couple times this year and they are much improved from last year. Although the LB your referring to was probably #44 from Millington. He was a stud. Munford doesn't have any defensive players that just pop out at me this year. Munford will not pass the ball. They try to control the time of possession by running the ball 4 or 5 yds  at a time. They have been pretty successful at it until they come across bigger Def lines & fast LBs. Which you usually have to face come playoff time.. So if HC has that they should have this one. They are a well coached team so I don't see Munford getting blown out. Good luck to y'all.  

I agree SEC1rules. How do you think our offense will change after last Friday night?

I don't think the O changes too much unless we can't run the ball effectively. I expect the QBs to rotate unless one just completely takes over. I've never liked rotating QBs but I'm not a coach & think the kids can probably handle it.

The YANKER is here!  Your playoff YANKER is here!!!!!!!  Relax Henrylanders....and prepare for round 2!!!!!!!    Your favorite YANKER will now present your score.......HC 42 - Munford 14.....this is the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!!!!  I am the world's only living YANKER!!!!!  LONG LIVE YOUR YANKER!!!!!!!

Great to see you back to predicting on Thursday Yanker. The Patriots will be ready this Friday. Tonight is the annual steak dinner and there should be a great crowd. I think its quiet on here this week for a couple reasons. First, no Munford faithful getting in the debate. Second, we ended the regular season with a loss that hasn't happened in quite a long time. Usually we are gearing up for the playoffs with a big win to close things out. Still though, I feel that the boys will be fired up and ready to make their statement on this season. Right now we are 0-0, looking for that first win...

Go Big RED!!!