Round 2. Huntingdon @ Nashville Christian

34ME

I've heard a lot about he defense from NCS.  And I've heard about the heavy package utilized to spark an explosive (understatement) 3rd quarter against TC.

But I don't really know much else about NCS offense.  How big is your line?  Pretty fast?  Disciplined?  Your 2 recent opponents claimed a lot of holding took place.  But clearly, y'all have the ability to put up big points--hold or no hold.

Huntingdon's line is a force to be reckoned with.  You have to be more than just good to neutralize what they do offensively.

I'm really eager to see this matchup!!  Two top5 programs!

Will be happy for NCS if they advance.  But gonna be pulling for our region6 boys to represent.

I stood on top of the hill at HHS, so my vantage point could have been a little skewed. NCS looked more impressive, size wise, than the Mustangs. They looked to me to be bigger all around...linemen and skill players. Like I said last week, for a team in our class, I would have to go back to '10 to find one as good looking as NCS....and that was a 4A school playing in 2A.

But I don't really know much else about NCS offense.  How big is your line?  Pretty fast?  Disciplined?  Your 2 recent opponents claimed a lot of holding took place.  But clearly, y'all have the ability to put up big points--hold or no hold.

You know the old adage......."the officials could call a hold on every play".  Let's just say last night, they were more than happy to do so.  Especially if the play was a big gainer.  But we're used to it.  Just means that on 2nd and 30, we have to hit the hole a little faster.  It hasn't been a problem.  Against a good team like H'don that will be different.

I don't think there's any concern about our line play.  With our backs, all it takes is a sliver of light and they are gone.  And the "heavy package" can roll 4-5 yards play after play after play if need be.  It wasn't used one time last night.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I stood on top of the hill at HHS, so my vantage point could have been a little skewed. NCS looked more impressive, size wise, than the Mustangs. They looked to me to be bigger all around...linemen and skill players. Like I said last week, for a team in our class, I would have to go back to '10 to find one as good looking as NCS....and that was a 4A school playing in 2A.

I don't min it during regular season but come this time of year it really starts to gripe me, these teams such as Ncs do not need to be in 1a playoffs, you look at all the teams in the playoffs rosters and there's is the only one that stands out. No true 1a school will ever have three or four div 1 prospects, and sec prospects at that. If Ncs wins against HHS, HC, WC, TC or UC they havnt proved nothing, I mean that's the reason they went and got all these players to start with. They need to move on to div 2.

I don't min it during regular season but come this time of year it really starts to gripe me, these teams such as Ncs do not need to be in 1a playoffs, you look at all the teams in the playoffs rosters and there's is the only one that stands out. No true 1a school will ever have three or four div 1 prospects, and sec prospects at that. If Ncs wins against HHS, HC, WC, TC or UC they havnt proved nothing, I mean that's the reason they went and got all these players to start with. They need to move on to div 2.

Oh brother.  Here we go.........

cry a little, whine a little, cry a little, whine a little, blah blah BLAH

why are you whining about this now.what has ncs ever won? They have had D1 players last three years.I hope they say in 1a that way nobody has a cakewalk to the semis

Highlights of the last game NCS played the Mustangs in Huntington Nov 23rd 2012.   #29JWarbritton spun up 225 yds on 15 carries.

Huntingdon ran for 394 yards and four touchdowns, with sophomore Glynn Hillard gaining 105 yards and a touchdown on four carries. Senior Steve Stover had 69 yards on six carries and a touchdown.

I have a feeling it may be a little different this time around.   

• Upvote 1

Oh brother. Here we go.........

cry a little, whine a little, cry a little, whine a little, blah blah BLAH

his statement has validity, I don't know much about Memphis schools, as noNE of the public schools usually very good due to this valid point, but there are no school, in any class, with more than 1 sec plAyer on the roster must less a 1a sqaud. Need to try stirring something else up. If privates wants to play public, they should have to play 5a. Edited by stangfan89