Union City hosts Peabody. Can the Tornadoes Slow the Tide's Roll?

BigSwo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome streak UC. Keep them heads up. Feel bad for all those boys that worked their tails off. It's just football. Go have a good time with family and friends and put that game behind you. ðŸ‘ðŸ½ðŸ‘ðŸ½ðŸ‘ðŸ½

I feel bad for every kid that was on the losing end tonight in every game, at least uc's boys have a 38 game win streak and two consecutive state championships to look back on and say they was part of one of the most dominating programs in the history of 1a football in the state!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Historic. Epic. Amazing. Memorable. Congratulations to both CHAMPIONSHIP teams. Tide rolls on though and now wants to payback Dresden. They did it to us at our place last year.. don't think they will this time though. Betcha UC will keep right on being a top-tier team. Region 7 is loaded and will be for awhile it looks like.

Historic. Epic. Amazing. Memorable. Congratulations to both CHAMPIONSHIP teams. Tide rolls on though and now wants to payback Dresden. They did it to us at our place last year.. don't think they will this time though. Betcha UC will keep right on being a top-tier team. Region 7 is loaded and will be for awhile it looks like.

Kinda like the sec, beating up on each other when nobody else can. The only teams UC, Dresden and Peabody have lost to is each other!

Thank you for all of the great posts and respect that you all have shown. I would have gotten on earlier but I had a senior ball player to console. It's already been said how we lost. Fumbles and turnovers and costly penalties. I'm not one of those guys who blames the officials because it could have gone the other way.

To my TORNADOES.

I know that words can't take away the sting of a loss like this one but what an impressive run you guys have had. You have made the entire town more than proud you brought us all together in more ways than you will ever know. In the years to come you will look back with great pride at this awesome experience and realize all that you have learned from this. You have learned how to overcome and be champions and you have also learned how to go down fighting. There could never be any more pride than what you guys have brought to our community. Take these great lessons and apply them to your life and you will do great things. Go Tornadoes. Go you fantastic and awesome young men.

I was a "senior dad" two yrs ago when Trenton lost to TCA in Round 2.  Its tough because most seniors will never play football again, and you immediately flashback to all the years of the game which brought you to this point.  

Thank you for all of the great posts and respect that you all have shown. I would have gotten on earlier but I had a senior ball player to console. It's already been said how we lost. Fumbles and turnovers and costly penalties. I'm not one of those guys who blames the officials because it could have gone the other way.

To my TORNADOES.

I know that words can't take away the sting of a loss like this one but what an impressive run you guys have had. You have made the entire town more than proud you brought us all together in more ways than you will ever know. In the years to come you will look back with great pride at this awesome experience and realize all that you have learned from this. You have learned how to overcome and be champions and you have also learned how to go down fighting. There could never be any more pride than what you guys have brought to our community. Take these great lessons and apply them to your life and you will do great things. Go Tornadoes. Go you fantastic and awesome young men.

good luck to your son

Kinda like the sec, beating up on each other when nobody else can. The only teams UC, Dresden and Peabody have lost to is each other!

You are right. Back in the day, UC was in the same Region as Milan and Humboldt. It was referred to as the "Black and Blue Region", for the same reason. Looks like history has repeated itself.

I was at the game. I have heard so much about UC I had to go watch and see what all of the buzz was about. I sat on the UC side and met some really nice folks thanks for the hospitality. Facilities are top notch and UC has nothing to be ashamed of. UC really did get some bad calls from the refs but if didnt play great and when you dont play well and make dumb pre snap penalties it really shows up when you play a good team. 

Congrats to Trenton bring another state title back to west Tennessee!