Union City hosts Peabody. Can the Tornadoes Slow the Tide's Roll?

BigSwo

I believe there is a chance.  There always is.  Like it's been stated turnovers need to be minimal, and mistakes can't be made.  Union City is capable of losing just like Peabody is capable of winning and vice versa.  It all comes down to the field Friday night.  I think most of us are waiting to see what happens Friday night. I know I'm looking forward to a good ball game. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there is a chance. There always is. Like it's been stated turnovers need to be minimal, and mistakes can't be made. Union City is capable of losing just like Peabody is capable of winning and vice versa. It all comes down to the field Friday night. I think most of us are waiting to see what happens Friday night. I know I'm looking forward to a good ball game.

I know there are plenty of people who want to see UC go down. I kinda get it. We have been on top a while and we are a large 1A school. But......so is Peabody, Dresden and Hdon. Take a look at the top of the polls. We are all there. I think this is one of the motivating factors that pushes this team along. Having said that, I believe this game will set the tone for the rest of the playoffs for both teams. Especially if Peabody can come away with the win. I see it being a battle. UC feels like they gave up at least 2 scores in out first game that should have never happened. I'm sure Peabody feels like they let one get away. It's gonna be a dandy.

I know there are plenty of people who want to see UC go down. I kinda get it. We have been on top a while and we are a large 1A school. But......so is Peabody, Dresden and Hdon. Take a look at the top of the polls. We are all there. I think this is one of the motivating factors that pushes this team along. Having said that, I believe this game will set the tone for the rest of the playoffs for both teams. Especially if Peabody can come away with the win. I see it being a battle. UC feels like they gave up at least 2 scores in out first game that should have never happened. I'm sure Peabody feels like they let one get away. It's gonna be a dandy.

I find myself wondering if Peabody hadn't been dealing with some issues amongst the players, how that game would've gone. It was a huge distraction at the time, and it was still going on when we played Dresden. I'm not making excuses. We lost both games clearly, but I do wonder how it would've gone had we been firing on all cylinders. I hope we see a better match up Friday than we saw in September. The playoffs definitely seem to fire up our boys. Last year we won games people didn't think we should have. I hope our Tidemen catch that same spark that pushed them above and beyond what anyone could have predicted last year for this playoff run. Like you said, it should be a dandy!

Maybe we will finally see some good football weather too.

You are right Mr.O. There is an increase in activity around Tornado Alley at playoff time. The boys get that look in their eyes. I saw it after the game last week when I spoke with some of the guys. They are wanting this game in a bad way. There are some others they want to see again as well but for now. .......it's Peabody.

Hope this is as close as the first game. Athletically these teams match up well.

Me too hog. I was so bored last week and the week before that and the....... I think you get it. I want a fight. The last time we played it turned into exactly that. Of course I won't complain about a wide margin of victory in this game. But I'm a fan of battles. Battles that we win of course.

Looks like I'll be ready for road trip to semi finals. Regardless which West TN team makes the trek to WC, Huntingdon or NCS I'm there. Looks like I'll be driving back on Nov 20th so if we get the rematch we want I'll be listening to it on the radio. Good luck this week to UC and Trenton, I'll be tuned in for sure.